New Year's Resolution

Topic locked
new year's resolution Dec 26, 2012
Quit Smoking
No to over speeding
More time at outdoors
Donate blood
Know thy neighbour

http://www.emirates247.com/news/emirates/new-year-resolutions-2013-quit-smoking-stop-speeding-year-for-uae-residents-2012-12-24-1.488443

dougwhitmore
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: New Year's Resolution Dec 26, 2012
Goodluck... :wink: !!
shaze
Dubai Forums Member

Re: New Year's Resolution Dec 26, 2012
:) shaze ,
dougwhitmore
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: New Year's Resolution Dec 29, 2012
never works, you have to add these into your lifestyle to improve yourself, and you should do these whenever convenient. waiting for a time such as newyears to do it is just stupid, time is a measurement that created by man, it doesnt exist in nature.
bossman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: New Year's Resolution Jan 01, 2013
a measurement created for convenience and coordination... only people existing in nature alone can do away with it... we dont have that luxury...!!
shaze
Dubai Forums Member

Re: New Year's Resolution Jan 02, 2013
I'm doing the dryatholon. Well I think that's what it's called. You give up alcohol for the month of January and donate all the money you save to Cancer Research.
Well I'm doing half of it, I'm giving up for the month but keeping the money.
Baby steps :D
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Good luck BMreformed!
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

FlyingDutchman wrote:Good luck BMreformed!

Thank you FD!

I'm treating it as an experiment. No change of eating habits and no more or less excercise. If I lose any weight I will think about extending it, if not, I will be back to my bad old ways on Feb 1.

Didn't drink anything but water from 26 December to 31 December. Didn't miss it bit.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

BMreformed wrote:Didn't drink anything but water from 26 December to 31 December.

Still or with bubbles? I used to drink water with bubbles, but donot like it anymore. Now I mainly drinks still water when ordering. What do you prefer I am interested?
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

FlyingDutchman wrote:
BMreformed wrote:Didn't drink anything but water from 26 December to 31 December.

Still or with bubbles? I used to drink water with bubbles, but donot like it anymore. Now I mainly drinks still water when ordering. What do you prefer I am interested?

Well when I'm at home, I usually drink plain old tap water. If I'm in Dubai and drinking water with a meal, it's usually still water but I don't mind Evian but couldn't drink a lot of it. The bubbles get up my nose.

Tonight we are going to see 'The Impossible', a film about the tsunami and will call into the Italian for some pasta before hand. A nice cold glass of Chardonnay would have gone down a treat but I'm thinking of having an alcohol free beer. Hmmmm, as Freddie Flintoff says, that's like getting a cuddle in a brothel.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: New Year's Resolution Jan 03, 2013
BMreformed wrote:A nice cold glass of Chardonnay would have gone down a treat but I'm thinking of having an alcohol free beer. Hmmmm, as Freddie Flintoff says, that's like getting a cuddle in a brothel.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: New Year's Resolution Jan 03, 2013
I really love and admire people who make New Year resolutions. And keep them.......
I've given up on resolutions myself.

Well, maybe one last one.
........ :D
FF2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: New Year's Resolution Feb 18, 2013
I hope you will achive those new years resolution specially quit smoking.
barbara43
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat