New Visa Law Question

Topic locked
New visa law question Oct 31, 2008
hi,
i know the new visa law in dubai says that if your on a visit visa, you cannot get a new one and have to exit the country for one month before applying etc.

BUT
what if my friend just left his job, canceled his residency employment visa, passed the 30 day grace period, and exists the country. can he then immediately come back on a visit visa, or also has to wait for one month?

if he can come back immediately, is there any way a visit visa can be applied for him whilst he is still in the country, and he just go to kish etc and come back immediately?

any help is appreciated!

ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Re: New visa law question Oct 31, 2008
ineedacoolnick wrote:hi,
i know the new visa law in dubai says that if your on a visit visa, you cannot get a new one and have to exit the country for one month before applying etc.

BUT
what if my friend just left his job, canceled his residency employment visa, passed the 30 day grace period, and exists the country. can he then immediately come back on a visit visa, or also has to wait for one month?

if he can come back immediately, is there any way a visit visa can be applied for him whilst he is still in the country, and he just go to kish etc and come back immediately?

any help is appreciated!

Depends on his passport nationality. If he has overstayed his 30 day grace period, he is in for a fine anyway. Its 100Dhs per day!

:( :( :(

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 31, 2008
hi DK.
he's indian.
he's not overstayed yet; but i meant he will have to leave the country after the extra 30 day grace period...
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 31, 2008
I am pretty sure that he would be able to come back in immediately as its the cancellation of an existing visa and therefore not a renewal/exchange, it depends who is going to sponsor him for his visit visa.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 31, 2008
Thanks DK. his sister will most likely be sponsoring him as he has yet to find a job.
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 01, 2008
If he were sponsored by his sister, then he can get 60 days visit visa.,
which is renewable for 30 days more.,

PS: this piece of information maybe inaccurate....
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat