New Salik Toll Gates To Be Installed By September!

Topic locked
New Salik toll gates to be installed by September! May 27, 2008
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

May 27, 2008
and in 2022 ..what it used to be called s.z.r. back in 2008 ...
never the less that people pay 564 dhs per trip ...still there are a trafic jam in there ..please try to use other roads.. :shock: :shock:
dubai beat
Dubai Forum User

Re: New Salik toll gates to be installed by September! May 28, 2008
redtilldead wrote:http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Traffic_and_Transport/10216489.html

Thoughts?

Thoughts? ya .. you !! cheap
firefingers

May 28, 2008
FF, if you have nothing constructive to add then don't!

Personally I don't get it, so they're tolling BOTH bridges now? That doesn't make alot of sense to me as people will be forced to use one or the other as there are no alternative routes across the creek, unless of course you go all the way out to Emirates Road or use the tunnel.

And tolling the 1st and 2nd interchange will just force alot of people onto the smaller roads causing even more chaos.

Car pooling should be allowed - not the stupid system that's just been implemented.

Better public transport.

And what they really should do is either charge people coming from other Emirates into Dubai as they're the ones clogging up the roads, or the old argument of reducing rents, so people can actually live near their place of work.

It's really very simple, the toll gates are nothing but money making schemes.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 28, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:as there are no alternative routes across the creek, unless of course you go all the way out to Emirates Road or use the tunnel.

Or the Floating Bridge, or Business Bay bridge? But I guess Salik will come to them eventually anyway :(

Car pooling should be allowed - not the stupid system that's just been implemented.

Agree.
bonk
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

May 30, 2008
It's just a money making rip-off from RTA, their statements that it has reduced traffic congestion are pure and utter bull.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

May 31, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:It's really very simple, the toll gates are nothing but money making schemes.

i totally i agree with that!

installing two more toll gates would make more sense atleast when the metro is running and a few more alternate routes available. not to mention that the floating bridge is closed from 10pm-6am.

And apparantly VAT is coming soon too...
redtilldead
Dubai Forums Talker

Jun 03, 2008
I think the 2nd Salik on SZR next to Safa is brilliant! Here's why:

"However, motorists will be charged once if they pass through two successive Salik gates including the new one near the Second Interchange (Safa Park interchange) and the existing one at Barsha on Shaikh Zayed Road"

So all the cheapoes will no longer have an incentive to flood the barsha area and make the area a living hell for it's residents.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat