US Navy Boat Fires On Fishing Vessel - Kills 1

Topic locked
US Navy boat fires on fishing vessel - kills 1 Jul 17, 2012
Opps! This is going to take some explaining:
http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/emerg ... -1.1049928

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: US Navy Boat Fires On Fishing Vessel - Kills 1 Jul 17, 2012
There is alot of information missing. The small boat was probably in restricted waters. The Navy is in the waters with the permission of the UAE. It's basically there to protect the UAE. People are warned or are aware not to go into certain areas at sea because of Somali pirates.

In any event, I think a military vessel from any country would have taken the same action after giving several warnings. Now, there may have been a language barrier in that the Indians didn't understand English (if that was the only language used to warn them), maybe someone on the small boat was in need of help, but if a boat is speeding head on towards a vessel and doesn't stop, I don't think anyone would wait to find out if that boat was loaded with explosives. Had they stopped when warned a small vessel would have been sent to check out the boat. I think the UAE would have done the same thing if they were in the same situation. This became a shoot and ask questions later situation.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: US Navy Boat Fires On Fishing Vessel - Kills 1 Jul 17, 2012
Agree, specially after what happened to the USS Cole...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: US Navy Boat Fires On Fishing Vessel - Kills 1 Jul 18, 2012
BS

This is exactly why I don't believe what I read, it was an emiraty fisherman with two of his workers whom both the workers died, one on the spot and the other today in hospital, the emiraty (who I happen to know) was returning to jebel Ali after a fishing trip which started at dawn of that day, and was returning and approaching the port at around 3 pm, as he said that he must have been at least a mile away and in no way approaching the US navy ship since a small boat like his would certainly turn them over from the waves caused by the huge ship specially with the load he was carrying on board when he said suddenly all I saw was smoke coming out the US ship only to realize that he is being fired upon, he kept goin full speed ahead to escape the assault and reach the port. No warning of any kind was given according to him, and this was not the first time that he or any other fishermen would cross parallel paths with a battleship while keeping a big distance between them. I think I have more sense in me to keep me from approaching a huge ship, let alone a battleship, my boat could rock really bad and turn over, he says.

It's amazing how they try to twist it

--- Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:41 pm ---

Just to be clear it wasn't even a battleship like I mentioned, ignore that from my post
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat