Navel Piercing In Dubai??

Topic locked
navel piercing in dubai?? Feb 05, 2006
hi all, wassap

i was wondering where can i get my navel pierced in Dubai, i knew SOS in jumeira, but the lady is off coz she had a baby, and she wont be available till end of Feb...HEPL!

Dubai Baby
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Feb 06, 2006
oh damnnnnnnn we got a naval piercing emergency please someone help ! who can afford to miss out on that yummy se*yness for a whole 3 weeks !

;)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 06, 2006
Oh geez, this topic - AGAIN!

Body piercing is illegal in the UAE, if you decide to go to someone doing this in Dubai you take risking your health in your hands! No where is regulated, the cleanliness and sterile environment and equipment cannot be guaranteed.

If you absolutely HAVE to do it here, then make sure you check these things first and if your not convinced then for goodness sake don't do it!

Make sure all the equipment has been sterlised, the only way to do this is in a medical autoclave. A new needle is used and you see it come out of a sealed steri pack. Clamps are nasty things and unless sterlised properly can carry infections, avoid use if possible. The piercer uses gloves, taken out of an individual sealed pack, not from a box as everytime someone puts their hand into the box they transfer germs. The jewellery again comes in a sealed pack, not off a shelf - ewwww do you know how many people might have touched that!

Basically you're silly if you get it done in this country, belly piercings are most prone to infection if not done properly or looked after.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 02, 2006
its not "illegal"

it might not be encouraged but there are places to get it done,

if your still interested pm me and ill give you the number and location of a professional that does it here in dubai, in the dhiyafa area
ninnevah
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jun 02, 2006
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yessssssssss ittttttttttt issssssssssssssssssss

:D :D :D
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 03, 2006
Actually it IS illegal! The people doing piercings and tattoos are unlicensed. You don't know how qualified they are or how sterile their environment is.

Why do you think they don't freely advertise their services.

Using them could be detrimental to your health if you don't know what to look for. It's very very dangerous to have piercings done where there is no regulation.

There's a high risk of the equipment not being steralised properly, or the jewellery and therefore a high risk of contracting a nasty blood disease or infection.

A couple of simple things for example are not using a clamp, as they're very difficult to steralise. Also using protective gloves from a box instead of individually packed pairs, everytime the person puts their hand in the box, they're transfering germs to it, so by the time the get to you, there's thousands of nasty bugs in there just waiting to infect you.

Plus you think these people operating froma villa/apartment are sterilising their equipment using a surgical autoclave? This is the only way to effectively sterilise equipment used for piercing, and that includes the jewellery before it's put into you.

But by all means what the hell do I know, go ahead and risk your health!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 03, 2006
Apparently there is a plastic surgeon that does it here, as I am interested in this and getting another tattoo. However having said that my understanding is that this is not a monitored industry, so to speak. In other words because it is not recognised cleanliness and standards of practice don't really exist-forget aids try some hepatitis. Personally I am not that desperate and would rather wait until we either go home or visit a country that has some sort of codes of practice or some such.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 03, 2006
Not having seen you before Gabs it just paints a funny picture of your avatar with tattoos .... :lol: :lol:
ajb
Dubai chat master

Jun 03, 2006
ajb wrote:Not having seen you before Gabs it just paints a funny picture of your avatar with tattoos .... :lol: :lol:

:lol: Yes, it would make one suspect that I have just gone all out for that tattoo makeup at my age. Permanent lip liner and raised eyebrows-oooooh, now that is scary!!
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 03, 2006
they're not prison tatoos area they gabs? :shock:

do we have another Lizzie Borman in our midts - chop, chop, chop :lol:
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 03, 2006
they're not prison tatoos area they gabs? :shock:

dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 03, 2006
dbxsoul wrote:they're not prison tatoos area they gabs? :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Something stranger than donkeys.
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 03, 2006
mmmm ... you, liban and this donkey.... is this some kind of fettish?

then again i think in The Godfather someone woke up next to a horse's head in the bed .....

prehaps the best of both worlds??
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 03, 2006
dbxsoul wrote:mmmm ... you, liban and this donkey.... is this some kind of fettish?

then again i think in The Godfather someone woke up next to a horse's head in the bed .....

prehaps the best of both worlds??

Close...you are in the territory of the DFM!!!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Jun 03, 2006
:lol:

funny that you say that, the horse's head was the first thing i thought about when i first saw the DFM

i know i have to tread lightly when the DFM are about, i'll give fair warning when i'm about to do my JE Hoover impersanation 8)
dbxsoul
Honored Member

Jun 04, 2006
GAB wrote: :lol: Yes, it would make one suspect that I have just gone all out for that tattoo makeup at my age. Permanent lip liner and raised eyebrows-oooooh, now that is scary!!

The new craze in Bkk is to get 'eyeliner' tats... fark me that would be torture.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 05, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
GAB wrote: :lol: Yes, it would make one suspect that I have just gone all out for that tattoo makeup at my age. Permanent lip liner and raised eyebrows-oooooh, now that is scary!!

The new craze in Bkk is to get 'eyeliner' tats... fark me that would be torture.

:shock: Booodiful!! :lol: The whole lip liner thing gets me anyway-red pen around your lips is weird! :shock:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 05, 2006
My friend had that done - she loves it. It does look strange though if you haven't put your mascara on. I didn't know people were doing lipliner! That too would look strange without wearing lipstick all the time, and who the heck does that?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jun 05, 2006
GAB wrote: :shock: Booodiful!! :lol: The whole lip liner thing gets me anyway-red pen around your lips is weird! :shock:

You mean Blllooodiful don't you?

The eyeliner tat actually looks good when its all healed up and I guess for those who just want to wake up with their face prepainted its convenient...
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 05, 2006
Check this guys 8)
"Quod me Nutrit me Destruit"

Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 05, 2006
nice tits

:P :P :P
arniegang

Jun 05, 2006
arniegang wrote:nice tits

lols hahaha, I'm pointing out at the tattoo!!!!!!!!!!
that why I put it :!:
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 05, 2006
Now even though I have no idea what that says that tat looks tasteful and sexy.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 05, 2006
arniegang wrote:nice tits

Calm down rover.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 05, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Now even though I have no idea what that says that tat looks tasteful and fun.

MEANING: "that which nourishes me, destroys me"
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 05, 2006
Sara1983 wrote:MEANING: "that which nourishes me, destroys me"

Thanks for that. I think I liked it better when I didn't know what it meant :P jokes.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 05, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
Sara1983 wrote:MEANING: "that which nourishes me, destroys me"

Thanks for that. I think I liked it better when I didn't know what it meant :P jokes.

hahaha :P :P :P
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 05, 2006
um is that you on the pic Sara?
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 05, 2006
Sara

Can you retake the pic, but pull your top up a bit more please

:P :P :P :P :P
arniegang

Jun 05, 2006
I reckon Sara's PM box is about to get flooded.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat