Muslim Women In Charge

Topic locked
Muslim Women In Charge Aug 31, 2007
Despite the barriers, 10 women executives from the Middle East made our World's 100 Most Powerful Women ranking this year. How are they managing to break through the glass ceiling?

Good old-fashioned capitalism has played a role. The economic liberalization of several Muslim countries in recent years, and the privatization of large chunks of government-run companies, have helped Muslim businesswomen get a greater foothold.

http://www.forbes.com/2007/08/30/muslim ... uslim.html

Francheska
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 01, 2007
so what? probably bought they way to the top, rich folk. or slept.
(prepares for onslaught of abuse)
dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 01, 2007
'Women in business'

A powerful thing!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 01, 2007
dave101 wrote:so what? probably bought they way to the top, rich folk. or slept.
(prepares for onslaught of abuse)

dear mam, cash+no brain=0 .... so you see not every one is a looser like you hoeny , some dedecated their lives into business unlike you who is setting your ass home watching every ones passes you.
and thoses are muslim women , not bcz your mom is sleeping around you think all the others are daa
firefingers

Sep 01, 2007
Guys & Girls,
I was expecting you folks to be quite proud of the Muslim women achievements.........unfortunately jealousy got the worse responses out of you.
We have to be fear and optimistic
:)
Francheska
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 02, 2007
Francheska wrote:Guys & Girls,
I was expecting you folks to be quite proud of the Muslim women achievements.........unfortunately jealousy got the worse responses out of you.
We have to be fear and optimistic
:)

Hey, Francheska

Please don't include me in that!!

I am delighted for/proud of anyone that works hard to achieve.

Successful business women are 'powerful things'.... was a comment of respect!

Brains and beauty.... what a combination!

Oh god, I have another hangover, can't explain properly right now!
Will try again later! :lol:
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 15, 2007
Notice that most of them are either members of big families or just hideously rich
connections are the only thing that can get you to the top in the middle east
just like using cheats to win a game.
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 15, 2007
Unforutnetly the mentality of occupiers still exists in the mind of some people, Muslim women are proud of them selfs since the start of Islam up to now, They are not cheap meat that is posted next to public phones, when some women used to live at the dark ages with no rights (read history), Muslim women had their rights by Islamic Law.
With all the respect to English Girlie
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 15, 2007
bsorc wrote:Notice that most of them are either members of big families or just hideously rich

Cheat to win the game, Why? cant a muslim women achieve anything in your eyes except winning the game? pardon me for saying this and dave101 (i dont care if you trying to be funny), both of you.....that was way uncalled for, you know damn well that there are muslim women in this forum but you still went on with your comments

Muslim women can achieve anything they want and this is the proof regardless of their statues. Im not a woman myself but i wouldnt like it if degenerates such as you or dave101 say that and my sister is on that list. So please watch what you type in this forum, i took what you guys said in offence

Awaiting your response

Regards,
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 15, 2007
Bleakus wrote:
bsorc wrote:Notice that most of them are either members of big families or just hideously rich

Cheat to win the game, Why? cant a muslim women achieve anything in your eyes except winning the game? pardon me for saying this and dave101 (i dont care if you trying to be funny), both of you.....that was way uncalled for, you know damn well that there are muslim women in this forum but you still went on with your comments

Muslim women can achieve anything they want and this is the proof regardless of their statues. Im not a woman myself but i wouldnt like it if degenerates such as you or dave101 say that and my sister is on that list. So please watch what you type in this forum, i took what you guys said in offence

Awaiting your response

Regards,

Respect Bleakus
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 15, 2007
Successful women businesspeople are essential to a balanced workplace, indeed I would even go as far as to say as much of the bureaucracy and time-wasting in the administration of this and other countries is due to men who have nothing to prove and so have no incentive to stand out.

Although perhaps not eloquently put, the guy above does have a point about these women coming from respected families - as with men in this region there is almost no way to break through unless you have that power and money behind you - there are very few "rags to riches" stories in this part of the world. However, to give them their dues, once they are in position they are clearly working at high levels and able to navigate the minefield of male ignorance and prejudice that exists at that level (that goes for most countries in the world, not just in the Middle East).

Whilst progress is being made, one quarter of the world's population is Muslim whilst only 10% of that list are, so still some work to be done.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 16, 2007

x2

It's like playing Doom 3 in god mode then bragging about how you finished the game on "hard" difficulty.

If women ran the world, we'd still be searching for the wheel.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 16, 2007
bleakus you are right of course, sarcasm and attemped 'funnies' rarely pay off in a forum, especially if the subject matter is sensitive to some.

So sorry Bleakus, and everyone else, I was stupid!
dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 16, 2007
dave101 wrote:bleakus you are right of course, sarcasm and attemped 'funnies' rarely pay off in a forum, especially if the subject matter is sensitive to some.

bro i believe that jokes should be taken but its just that these women achieved something that our culture didnt expect in achieving. I know that you didnt mean any harm, non taken.....:D, we cool
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 16, 2007
Bleakus ---> RESPECT BRO :D
mne bolshe nechevo skazat
LeYa
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 16, 2007
dave101 wrote:bleakus you are right of course, sarcasm and attemped 'funnies' rarely pay off in a forum, especially if the subject matter is sensitive to some.

I won't write a few "nice"wordz here bcuz u apologized already
LeYa
Dubai Forum Visitor

Sep 16, 2007
edit
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Muslim Women In Charge Sep 16, 2007
Francheska wrote:Despite the barriers, 10 women executives from the Middle East made our World's 100 Most Powerful Women ranking this year. How are they managing to break through the glass ceiling?

Good old-fashioned capitalism has played a role. The economic liberalization of several Muslim countries in recent years, and the privatization of large chunks of government-run companies, have helped Muslim businesswomen get a greater foothold.

http://www.forbes.com/2007/08/30/muslim ... uslim.html

Only 10% of the women while there are at least 50% of the population...
I wonder when men will stop being scared of women being sucessful and stop supressing them the way they have been doing...

Women are the back bone of any good / sucessful society.. no society / nation has ever prospered until and unless there is total equality in society.

my two cents worth.
netgeek2k2

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat