Moving To London

Topic locked
Moving to London Jun 28, 2008
Hi all,

Anyone from the UK on here?

Moving to London with a consulting firm. Just wanted to ask , will 45-50 K give you a decent life? Can you afford a place in zone 2?

Any tips?

Regards

rupsmith
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Moving to London Jun 28, 2008
rupsmith wrote:Hi all,

Moving to London with a consulting firm. Just wanted to ask , will 45-50 K give you a decent life? Can you afford a place in zone 2?

Any tips?

Regards

Is that stirling or Dirham ?
W & C
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Moving to London Jun 28, 2008
W & C wrote:
rupsmith wrote:Hi all,

Any tips?

Regards

Is that stirling or Dirham ?

sterling per year
rupsmith
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 29, 2008
I lived in Chiswick for 12 years and I can tell you that 60k is barely enough there nowadays.

There are however still some decent places in Z2. You'll basically have to share with someone if you want any cash left over to spend on actually going out and enjoying the city.

Anywhere near Clapham/Balham is now well over-inflated and stuffed to the rafters with 'marketing' people. Avoid.

Stamford Brook, South Ken, parts of Shepherds Bush and Queens Park are all worth a look.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 29, 2008
Dr Strangeglove wrote:I lived in Chiswick for 12 years and I can tell you that 60k is barely enough there nowadays.

There are however still some decent places in Z2. You'll basically have to share with someone if you want any cash left over to spend on actually going out and enjoying the city.

Anywhere near Clapham/Balham is now well over-inflated and stuffed to the rafters with 'marketing' people. Avoid.

Stamford Brook, South Ken, parts of Shepherds Bush and Queens Park are all worth a look.

Cheers mate.

Im taking the missus along as well (no kids), so ill have to consider zone 3 as well from what u telling me.

Also do you know how long the comute would be from z3 to central london - around the PWC office?
rupsmith
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 30, 2008
The PWC office near Embankment?

Depends of course if it's Z3 west, east, north or south.

If you were living in Gunnersbury or Wimbledon it's probably about 30 minutes, if you're lucky enough to live near a mainline station then it's nearer 20 minutes. My advice would be to look at southfields and the outlying areas near wimbledon, the transport links are better and you're (slightly) less likely to get stabbed by a band of crack addicted, pit-bull toting 15 year olds.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat