Moving To Dubai... Advice Required

Topic locked
Moving to Dubai... Advice required Nov 14, 2005
Dear all,

I am thinking of moving to Dunai for a job that i have recently accepted, i would appreciate your help in two major topics:

1. Apartment: i am single so i might need a descent studio or a 1 bedroom apartment, i'd rather if it is near media city, internet city and knowledge village (i assume they are all in the same area), do you have an idea how much it might cost me? would i find a furnished one or it is better to bring my own furniture? do you have something in mind that i might start inquire about?

2. Car and driving license: is it hard to get a driving license? how much time it might take to have one? what about renting a car before having my license so that i can buy one later on? do you have in mind how much it might cost me to rent a small car for the period that i will be having my driving license?

3. In case i couldn't manage to get my apartment before arriving to Dubai, what are the affordable yet descent places that i might use during my search?

thank you in advance,

Inquiry

inquiry
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 14, 2005
1. Apartment: a studio or a 1 bedroom apartment, it's from AED40K to AED60K in that area. You can get a furnished one. just check this website:http://www.gulfnews.com/Classifieds/default.asp

2. Car and driving license: I don't think it's very difficult to get a driving license in Dubai. just check Dubai Police website: http://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/dp/Home.jsp
You can rent a car if you have international license. it's from AED50-150. it depends on the brand and year model. also the options.

3. In case you couldn't get your apartment before arriving to Dubai, You might try get a room in hotel for a couple of days. Price is about AED150(guest hose), AED300(about 2 star hotel), AED800(3 and 4 star hotel), AED1500(5 star hotel).
geraintindxb
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 14, 2005
thank you geraint Chan for your prompt reply, it was of great help to me,

have a nice day,
inquiry
Dubai Forum Guest

Nov 15, 2005
you are welcome! buddy
geraintindxb
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules