6 Months Jail For Killing Policeman

Topic locked
Feb 25, 2008
uaebadoo wrote:Give me a break guys, He killed him by mistake and he is paying 200 k penalty, Also, this punishemnt is similar in other countries

Hit-and-run driver who killed doctor gets 11 months jail

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news ... e061afb736

No jail time for drunk driver who killed 18 year-old

http://digg.com/world_news/No_jail_time ... 8_year_old

Driver in Halberstam crash gets 5 days in jail

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 5V2K7E.DTL

give you a break? a drunk driver killing someone and you're asking for a break? mate get your head checked.

6 months is not enough, its still manslaughter - this whole concept of blood money is down right retarded - there is no price for human life.

ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 26, 2008
ebonics wrote:
uaebadoo wrote:
give you a break? a drunk driver killing someone and you're asking for a break? mate get your head checked.

6 months is not enough, its still manslaughter - this whole concept of blood money is down right retarded - there is no price for human life.

Take it easy my friend, You have to be rational not emotional, the justice system decides the punishment based on evidents and facts, all people are equal in front of the justice system, I gave you 3 examples from other countries where they got less penlty.

So dont be emotional :D
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Feb 27, 2008
uaebadoo wrote:
ebonics wrote:
uaebadoo wrote:

Take it easy my friend, You have to be rational not emotional, the justice system decides the punishment based on evidents and facts, all people are equal in front of the justice system, I gave you 3 examples from other countries where they got less penlty.

uaebadooo i think nearly all the expats are unhappy that emaratiiiiis get off lightly and cheaply. this guy is only spending 6months in jail and if it had been some expat, the poor expat would have to spend more then a year in a jail where the circumstances, evidece and facts would have been the same. and yes u r right in other countries it is different.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 10, 2008
rudeboy wrote:
uaebadoo wrote:
ebonics wrote:
uaebadoo wrote:

uaebadooo i think nearly all the expats are unhappy that emaratiiiiis get off lightly and cheaply. this guy is only spending 6months in jail and if it had been some expat, the poor expat would have to spend more then a year in a jail where the circumstances, evidece and facts would have been the same. and yes u r right in other countries it is different.

My friend the Law is executed equally on all people, Judges have to swear In front of the Ruler that they will apply the Law Eually on all people, Just if you go to a police station and u file a complain agains a local guy who have offended you let say with bad words, and u have witnesses, the case cant be closed without going to court or if you close it
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 10, 2008
uaebadoo wrote:
rudeboy wrote:
uaebadoo wrote:
ebonics wrote:
uaebadoo wrote:

My friend the Law is executed equally on all people, Judges have to swear In front of the Ruler that they will apply the Law Eually on all people, Just if you go to a police station and u file a complain agains a local guy who have offended you let say with bad words, and u have witnesses, the case cant be closed without going to court or if you close it

true the local guy would be arrested but using his "wasta" am sure he will be out tommorow.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 20, 2008
rudeboy wrote:
uaebadoo wrote:
rudeboy wrote:
uaebadoo wrote:
ebonics wrote:
uaebadoo wrote:

true the local guy would be arrested but using his "wasta" am sure he will be out tommorow.

Wasta means connection (Help to get a job, to speed up a process) but sorry sir no Wasta When It comes to Law Enforcement, If you have any examples I am willing to read.
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 21, 2008
By pure dumb luck, I came across the video on the net.

Car broken down on side of road. Police car stopped in the MIDDLE of the road (airport tunnel). Cop steps out, checks out the breakdown and starts walking back to his patrol car.

The policeman was walking in the MIDDLE of the road, towards his patrol car which he or his partner, for some reason, parked in the MIDDLE of the road.

As the cop was casually walking towards his patrol car, a Prado swerved and missed the cop first. The cop kept walking casually. Our killer friend in a RAV4 was right behind the Prado, and as the Prado swerved away quickly, our RAV4 killer was caught off-guard by seeing a guy in the MIDDLE of the road, and ran into him, while missing the patrol car.

In the video, it is obvious the cop shares blame for this, but this will never get reported in the papers.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Mar 21, 2008
gtmash wrote:By pure dumb luck, I came across the video on the net.

Car broken down on side of road. Police car stopped in the MIDDLE of the road (airport tunnel). Cop steps out, checks out the breakdown and starts walking back to his patrol car.

The policeman was walking in the MIDDLE of the road, towards his patrol car which he or his partner, for some reason, parked in the MIDDLE of the road.

As the cop was casually walking towards his patrol car, a Prado swerved and missed the cop first. The cop kept walking casually. Our killer friend in a RAV4 was right behind the Prado, and as the Prado swerved away quickly, our RAV4 killer was caught off-guard by seeing a guy in the MIDDLE of the road, and ran into him, while missing the patrol car.

In the video, it is obvious the cop shares blame for this, but this will never get reported in the papers.

where is it? please share!!!
quatroporte
Dubai chat master

Mar 31, 2008
Man jailed for killing two while driving recklessly in Dubai He is not Local

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Traffic_ ... 01841.html
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 01, 2008
uaebadoo

I have a GREAT example for you. It didn't involve a death (but it sure came close)

One of my best friends was driving home, she made a right hand turn onto a small road. She drove less than 50 meters before turning on her left hand blinker, and executing a left hand turn. She was hit by an emirate national who was trying to pass her on the left.

he knocked her car over 50 meters down the road. He completely demolished and totaled her car. The accident was so loud all of the neighbors in her villa complex heard it and came out to see what happened. The damage was so extensive she had a fractured skull, fractured collar bone, broken sternum, 3 broken ribs, a punctured lung, and a broken hip. She lapsed into a coma and had to have holes drilled into her skull.

He was arrested and taken to jail. For one night. only one night.

They have had to fly her back to her home country for "proper medical care" which no one in the UAE could give her.

so a man who accelerated to who knows what speed in the span of less than 50 meters, makes an illegal attempt to pass her, completely destroying her car, sending her to the hospital and now back to her home country and he did 1 night in jail. The police officer I spoke to said, "we sent him home with a stern talking to." wTF? How does that help my friend recover over the next 6 to 9 months from this a$$hole who was recklessly driving?

No apology, no punishment...
Had I struck an emirate doing the same thing, i would be in jail for months.

The law is NOT equal. Maybe it is supposed to be, but it is not. WE know of people getting away with speeding, reckless driving, and many other crimes that are "brushed away."
adorabilly
Dubai Forum Visitor

Apr 02, 2008
adorabilly wrote:uaebadoo

I have a GREAT example for you. It didn't involve a death (but it sure came close)

One of my best friends was driving home, she made a right hand turn onto a small road. She drove less than 50 meters before turning on her left hand blinker, and executing a left hand turn. She was hit by an emirate national who was trying to pass her on the left.

he knocked her car over 50 meters down the road. He completely demolished and totaled her car. The accident was so loud all of the neighbors in her villa complex heard it and came out to see what happened. The damage was so extensive she had a fractured skull, fractured collar bone, broken sternum, 3 broken ribs, a punctured lung, and a broken hip. She lapsed into a coma and had to have holes drilled into her skull.

He was arrested and taken to jail. For one night. only one night.

They have had to fly her back to her home country for "proper medical care" which no one in the UAE could give her.

so a man who accelerated to who knows what speed in the span of less than 50 meters, makes an illegal attempt to pass her, completely destroying her car, sending her to the hospital and now back to her home country and he did 1 night in jail. The police officer I spoke to said, "we sent him home with a stern talking to." wTF? How does that help my friend recover over the next 6 to 9 months from this a$$hole who was recklessly driving?

No apology, no punishment...
Had I struck an emirate doing the same thing, i would be in jail for months.

The law is NOT equal. Maybe it is supposed to be, but it is not. WE know of people getting away with speeding, reckless driving, and many other crimes that are "brushed away."

First of all I feel sorry for what happened to ur friend, we have unfortunetly some careless drivers and that why MOI is imposing more strict laws such as black points, but when It comes to law enforcment I still Say Everyone is equal, You know now Embassies of different countries get involved in Police Cases, the mentioned above is not a UAE local

Anyway
uaebadoo
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 05, 2008
http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Police_a ... 03134.html

To all, make what you want of this story.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat