I'm I Missing Something Re: Sheikmo?

Topic locked
I'm I missing something re: Sheikmo? Mar 02, 2008
Seems like Sheikmo (the poster) is not liked. I've read his posts and they don't bother me. Maybe I've been away or there were posts that he/she made that were deleted.

What did I miss?

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2008
He's just abnoxious and appears lacking in understanding 'serious' topics.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 02, 2008
Hard to say what his motive is, I get the feeling he just wants to help but at the same time it is obvious he is one of those locals that is very passionate about his culture.

With respect to your issue Chocs, you have to understand that it is part of the Arab way not to openly criticise in public. Mix this with the over the top complaining many Ukanistanis partake in, in Dubai, and I can understand why there is friction.

And then, like all newbies on the forum, there is the baptism of fire one must go through before they're accepted.

I'm growing to like the guy, and he has already made me a decent offer to take the forum off my hands.
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2008
haha this guy has quite a few threads dedicated to him already...I honestly find him funny at times :)
MC
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2008
I just looked at his posting history - I thought he only posted in general, my mistake.

Here's some gems:

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.ph ... ht=#224576

and

http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.ph ... ht=#224577

Hilarious! :D
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2008
What do you mean 'to take the forum of my hands'?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 02, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:What do you mean 'to take the forum of my hands'?

He offered to buy it from me. Still thinking about it.
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2008
As i thought no big deal.

I kind of like this Sheikmo character and Ian would probably like him. Sage & Onion and Arniegang would hate him (more of a reason to like him).

Wait, is Sheikmo a boy or girl anyway?
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2008
Concord wrote:As i thought no big deal.

I kind of like this Sheikmo character and Ian would probably like him. Sage & Onion and Arniegang would hate him (more of a reason to like him).

Well, it's not Sheikha Mo... so I'm guessing a dude.
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2008
Dr.D wrote:

Can't remember anyone who got people's wrath so quickly othe than B_Lady!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2008
Concord wrote:
Dr.D wrote:

I was B__Lady. Remember?

Nobody ever got it. They still don't.
Dr.D
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 02, 2008
Dr.D wrote:
Concord wrote:
Dr.D wrote:

I was B__Lady. Remember?

Nobody ever got it. They still don't.

Tell me about it - of course I remember!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 03, 2008
Just another farking troll.....

If it had anything decent to say, it would of, but it hasn't. I could of even appreciated it's presence if it had been genuine in it's beliefs. But it isn't.

Most likely, someone's alter ego, but who gives a flying.

I certainly won't be wasting anymore of my time responding to it or it's posts. I'd recommend that you all do the same.
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 03, 2008
craigindubai wrote:Just another farking troll.....

If it had anything decent to say, it would of, but it hasn't. I could of even appreciated it's presence if it had been genuine in it's beliefs. But it isn't.

I certainly won't be wasting anymore of my time responding to it or it's posts. I'd recommend that you all do the same.

Given that you're a newbie yourself, who cares what you think?

Someone new comes onto the forum, and everyone attacks them.

Is this like the cycle of abuse, someone abused you, now you feel the need to abuse someone else?
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 03, 2008
^ian^ wrote:

Is this like the cycle of abuse, someone abused you, now you feel the need to abuse someone else?

I agree with you Ian except that I've been here awhile and I'm still being abused and harrased by the Net Nannies.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 03, 2008
^ian^ wrote:

Some repressed memories that you feel like sharing Ian?
craigindubai
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 03, 2008
Do not worry about me friends I can handle the abuse. I have a thick skin.

Concord who are these Net Nannies you refer to?
Sheikhmo
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 03, 2008
I like Sheikhmo...
mrs Robinson
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 03, 2008
Sheikhmo wrote:Concord who are these Net Nannies you refer to?

Net Nannies = moderators (on the General Forum). They are highly moral, dubai loving fools! They go by the names "Sage & Onion" and "Arniegang".

They will probably like you.

p.s. "Smartd" is ok (except when he states that posting personal stuff in FC is ok).
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 03, 2008
^ian^ wrote:

I must admit that really you have the guts to talk as if you have a clean hands in winding up all noobs in here. In fact everyone knows that you troll in here all the time (with all your zombies) to draw the response the way you want and when you want it.

:roll:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 03, 2008
reviewer wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

I must admit that really you have the guts to talk as if you have a clean hands in winding up all noobs in here. In fact everyone knows that you troll in here all the time (with all your zombies) to draw the response the way you want and when you want it.

Listen Einstein... when you contribute something of value instead of whining on about your conspiracy theories, and contribute even 10% of the advice and knowledge I have passed on in this forum, then you can comment.

Otherwise, take a number.
^ian^

Mar 03, 2008
^ian^ wrote:
reviewer wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

Listen Einstein... when you contribute something of value instead of whining on about your conspiracy theories, and contribute even 10% of the advice and knowledge I have passed on in this forum, then you can comment.

Otherwise, take a number.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Obvious tactic.....over and over again..might be nice to change to more sophisticated one....les slobber. :wink:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 03, 2008
Take a chill pill boys.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 03, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Take a chill pill boys.

:lol: :lol: Much better if its Godiva...... :wink:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 03, 2008

Ha! I'm relaxed, but if anyone is getting obvious and repetitious it is Reviewer... and we all know who Reviewer really is.
^ian^

Mar 03, 2008
^ian^ wrote:

Ha! I'm relaxed, but if anyone is getting obvious and repetitious it is Reviewer... and we all know who Reviewer really is.

H E L L O....did I hear conspiracy theories again.....slow afternoon I guess..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 03, 2008
reviewer wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

H E L L O....did I hear conspiracy theories again.....slow afternoon I guess..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's 11:30 am. Regardless... see it gets boring and repetitious.

We heard you the first time. You think I have several clones on the board... we get it. Move on.
^ian^

Mar 03, 2008
^ian^ wrote:
reviewer wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

We heard you the first time. You think I have several clones on the board... we get it. Move on.

Are you the one talking or is it your handler...or should I say butler.....hmmm.....maybe your lost clone....I think you forgot to change their all tone it all sounds like errr.....you :wink:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 03, 2008
reviewer wrote:
^ian^ wrote:
reviewer wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

Are you the one talking or is it your handler...or should I say butler.....hmmm.....maybe your lost clone....I think you forgot to change their all tone it all sounds like errr.....you :wink:

Right-e-o!
^ian^

Mar 03, 2008
Do you guys need a boxing ring or something to work out your differences?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat