We Might Go To Space

Topic locked
we might go to space Dec 08, 2009
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: we might go to space Dec 08, 2009
uaekid wrote:http://english.sina.com/world/2009/1205/290864.html 8)

Emeratis high as kites alreay :lol:
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

Just please don't let any of them near the controls of a shuttle!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Just please don't let any of them near the controls of a shuttle!

hey... they blow many of them up so why cant we :wink: :lol:
uaekid

Question is, you need to first find as the article says "High-potential Emirati college students" Do they really exist !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

desertdudeshj wrote:Question is, you need to first find as the article says "High-potential Emirati college students" Do they really exist !

LOOOOOOL
player hater 8)
uaekid

No, not hater I was merely reflecting what I heard from a good friend who happens to be a student development officer in one of the biggest local uni's here. I was amazed to hear that the average uni student has a hard time writing and composing sentences in basic formal Arabic.

"ya rayal" is not not considered proper formal arabic ? :D
desertdudeshj

Going to space and colonizing other worlds may sound fictional and be considered unnecessary to a lot of people, but sooner or later, we will have do it. It is, for one, the best way to ensure human survival. And that's in no way or shape or form my opinion; it's what many professional scientists say.

I'm an amateur astronomer myself (astronomy minor in college), and I've read a ridiculous amount on this whole space travel thing (although it's not really astronomy). It's far more complicated than it sounds.
Fiery Phoenix
Dubai Forum User

Yes, now they are even talking about mining the moon
desertdudeshj

Hold up! Just let me charge the dilithium crystals and bring the warp drives online and offfff we go!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Hold up! Just let me charge the dilithium crystals and bring the warp drives online and offfff we go!

Say honey, we are way past the dilithium crystals already!

First of all, we use nuclear fusion drives for the short hauls (Helium-3), so we can fill the tank at the moon mine gas station... :lol:

Second, if we opt for the warp drives, we'll be past Mars before you even triggered the switch...so don't even think about using warp drives for destination Moon... :D

Now, be realistic will ya :mrgreen:
RobbyG

Re: we might go to space Dec 09, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:No, not hater I was merely reflecting what I heard from a good friend who happens to be a student development officer in one of the biggest local uni's here. I was amazed to hear that the average uni student has a hard time writing and composing sentences in basic formal Arabic.

"ya rayal" is not not considered proper formal arabic ? :D

ohhh I feel your envy my friend, but hey we don't all have to be in "marketing " like you guys :wink:
we went to the next level and you are still stock behind that desk :?
but it is true ,our education system sucks but for us the locals we are as bright as it gets, that's why we got fed up with our own annual hundreds of students Graduating from UK and the US because they don't really cut for us anymore, now it's Japan ..Germany and so on, it's all about engineering but unlike ROBBYG our locals will be with a job :lol: :lol: :lol:

beside unlike you I'm not still stuck with stereotype ,even though I can tell you are an Arabic guy but I'm just taking a swing at westerners where drop out rates from schools are nearly up to 50% in EU and USA "LOOL, losers" :blackeye: I mean comaan even us did not get this much, at least we are committed but again we have our own stupid stereotype that is effecting us which is that cretin education wont pay us enough.

"ya rayal" ..... man I did not see it coming, you made me laugh so hard dude.. good one :)
uaekid

No doubt there are bright sparks among you lot, let me put it this way, with the amount of support the UAE govt backs it citizens you should be churning out scientists, sportsmen etc etc by the hour.

But again the major factor here lies is that the people are not motivated enough. They don't care if they get a good education or not as they know they will do just fine without it aswell. They are there to just go to the motion of it. And this is not only my opinion but of faculty of your own Uni's.

Yes ofcourse I know and have met some very bright, gifted and very well educated Emiratis. I'm not creating or following any stereotypes I know better than. Merely refeclting what I know and heard from credible sources.

What I'm saying the youth need to gear up, be inspired and strive not just go " bahh who cares, I'll just get a job at a ministry or the army anyways ".

I'll repeat what I said the amout of backing the govt backs its citizens you guys should be no 1 in all fields.

I'll give an example players playing in even local football clubs get paid handsomely. Get professional training, everything is paid for, have top class facilties. Then how come there isn't even one internationally recognised Emarati player ? While kids who grow up playing in the streets with not enough money to eat are now sought after international celebs from countries like Brazil, Argentina etc etc. Why ?
desertdudeshj

they don't even fly planes:

Any of you have flown into or out of the UAE and heard 'This is your Captain speaking my name is ______ from the UAE". As the pilots usually do identify their themselves by name and contry (on most long haul flights for sure).

No, never ever.
XPT
Dubai forums Addict

desertdudeshj

LOL probebly bcz you use cheap airlines which we don't fly.google before making an ^%$%% of your self :)
uaekid

desertdudeshj

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat