Mens Clinic

Topic locked
Mens clinic Feb 15, 2006
Hi..just wondering if anyone knows of a good men's health clinic in Dubai where I can tested for stds etc...

cheers

denied
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Feb 15, 2006
:shock: :shock: :shock:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 16, 2006
Er nice! Just go to a medical clinic they can do everything for you. Try the GMC on Beach Road.

I don't think there are any sexual health or GUM clinics in Dubai.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 16, 2006
But what happens if they actually find something? Is that automatic deportation? Are doctors required to report you like they are for unwed pregnant women?

I'm lucky enough to be in a long term monogamous relationship but this is a good topic, I’m sure a lot of people are interested and just afraid to ask.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Re: Mens clinic Feb 16, 2006
denied wrote:Hi..just wondering if anyone knows of a good men's health clinic in Dubai where I can tested for stds etc...

cheers

I think Choco gives good advice about where to find a clinic. Do get yourself to a clinic and get looked after though. Also, if you have been sleeping around and you find out you do have an std, you should tell your previous partners so that they can get tested and treated too. In the future, if you are going to sleep around, use a condom. All the best to you :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Feb 16, 2006
Fayz, No I would think they only have to report HIV/AIDS or Hepatitus which are the diseases they look out for.

Doctors still have to stick to the patient confidentiality codes. I mean they're not going to report someone for Thrush now are they?

If any person gets diagnosed with any STD, they should contact all previous partners for treatment, particularly for things like Clymidia which has very few or no symptoms but can render a woman infertile.

Some people are just carriers and have no symptoms or effects of certain disease, but when they pass it on it can be devastating. It's very important to use protection until you're in a monogamous relationship in which case both parties should be tested for anything which could be passed on - after all it's only sensible to protect yourself and the other person.

Any sensible sexually activer person should get themselves screened for everything, every six months anyway.

Sadly I think there is probably zero education in the UAE for anything like this.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 16, 2006
Choco, you seem to know quite a bit about STDs... :lol:

On a serious note, what the hell is Thrush??? :shock:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 16, 2006
Liban wrote:On a serious note, what the hell is Thrush??? :shock:

U've not heard of it before Liban. Not life threatening, but not exactly a comfortable experience.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 16, 2006
So what is it?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 16, 2006
Yes Liban, it's called being educated about this stuff, in the UK we have weekly s-e-x education classes from the age of about 13!!!! Anyone who's is sexually active has a responsibility to know about this stuff, the dangers and what to look out for, for your own safety and those you're sleeping with! - It's called common sense.

Thrush is a yeast or fungal infection, it mostly affects women but men can be affected as well, it's probably the most common infection and is not transmitted through intercourse.

In your body you have good and bad bacteria, sometimes through diet or medication (anitbiotics are the biggest culprits!) the balance can be upset, so that the bad bacteria take over, causing itching, discomfort, discharge. You can also get oral thrush where you get a thick white lining on the tongue and throat and everything tastes metallic.

This infection is easily cleared with an anti fungal medication, the one step oral tablet is best, plus creams to ease the discomfort can help.

Many people are prone to this, particularly in a place where the atmosphere is hot and humid, wear loose clothing, cotton undies and be clean.

Another good thing to help keep the bacteria in the gut and other places in balance is to each 'live' yoghurt.

Here endeth the lesson....

NEXT!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 16, 2006
Without going into too much detail mate its a fungal infection... the most common is for all you ladies out there - vaginal thrush: causes itchiness and icky secretions (not the normal icky stuff). You can also get oral thrush and basically causes the same thing but in your mouth and if you deep throat then the problem goes further.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 16, 2006
Didn't I just explain all that, IN great detail?

For men, they get itchy and sore.

Most men freak out over tests for STD's, don't blame them really - just say penile swab and watch them faint - hehe
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 16, 2006
look forward to tomorrows lesson Choc.

:? :?
arniegang

Feb 16, 2006
OK.... I should have never asked... :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeleft: :pukeleft:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 16, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Doctors still have to stick to the patient confidentiality codes. I mean they're not going to report someone for Thrush now are they?

Hehehehe that would be the icing on a crappy day, the doctor gives you the mad news, you are at home scratching away and the CID bust down your door.

But I don't believe Doctor/patient confidentiality exists in the UAE.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Feb 16, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Didn't I just explain all that, IN great detail?

Chocco, I hit the reply before your post was there, went to get a cup of coffee, came back, typed then click submit and what do you know, you'd already explained it IN detail ;)
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 18, 2006
Liban wrote:OK.... I should have never asked... :pukeright: :pukeright: :pukeleft: :pukeleft:

Hehehe, that'll teach ya to look it up on the net first!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 18, 2006
Gee, a nice informative thread! :shock: Choco-maybe we should have you in your own special forum "Ask Aunty Choco". :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
I bet choco learned this thru experience
ross392
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Mens clinic Oct 04, 2006
denied wrote:Hi..just wondering if anyone knows of a good men's health clinic in Dubai where I can tested for stds etc...

cheers

got any news or feedback? im looking for same
gulfdude
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 04, 2006
fayz wrote:But what happens if they actually find something? Is that automatic deportation? Are doctors required to report you like they are for unwed pregnant women?

I'm lucky enough to be in a long term monogamous relationship but this is a good topic, I’m sure a lot of people are interested and just afraid to ask.

fayz my canadian bro.........think of this scenario. U pass by mall and u stumble over a hot scantily dressed woman. U shy away but she like a tigress is determined to get her prey. In nervousness u give her ur tel an dapartment address and then shy away. She is there on entrance of ur door and stalks u to office. Later that day u come out of the office dead tired and stressed. The tigress knws it's best time to prey on... she intentionally stumbles over u again , this time wearing really voluptous dress....u look at her and she look at u and then u enter in a trance a trance which u r a bachelor with loads of hoories.

U wake up next morning feeling weird stuff down there and then u come here and ask Choco to educate u abt the STDS..............u never know it may happen. :?
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 04, 2006
I have a friend ,her sister is a nurse in NMC, accd to them whoever is tested and positive with HIV/AIDS, NMC only informs the company/sponsor where that person is working and thats it. And my gosh, I cant believe this but they are saying that here in the UAE the AIDS carrier/number of people are already massive (and most of them are locals!) :shock: :shock: :shock:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 04, 2006
zam wrote:I have a friend ,her sister is a nurse in NMC, accd to them whoever is tested and positive with HIV/AIDS, NMC only informs the company/sponsor where that person is working and thats it. And my gosh, I cant believe this but they are saying that here in the UAE the AIDS carrier/number of people are already massive (and most of them are locals!) :shock: :shock: :shock:

If you have the AIDS you will be deported. Your sponsor is under obligation to report it, and it's illegal to hold a residency visa with HIV.

According to the WHO, the UAE has the lowest incidence of HIV in the world. I think it's more of the same murmering pointing the fingers at locals.

FWIW, the highest risk categories for HIV are homosexual males and IV narcotic users. One because of the tearing of the cavity wall allows for high infection, the other because of dirty needles.
^ian^

Oct 04, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
zam wrote:I have a friend ,her sister is a nurse in NMC, accd to them whoever is tested and positive with HIV/AIDS, NMC only informs the company/sponsor where that person is working and thats it. And my gosh, I cant believe this but they are saying that here in the UAE the AIDS carrier/number of people are already massive (and most of them are locals!) :shock: :shock: :shock:

If you have the AIDS you will be deported. Your sponsor is under obligation to report it, and it's illegal to hold a residency visa with HIV.

According to the WHO, the UAE has the lowest incidence of HIV in the world. I think it's more of the same murmering pointing the fingers at locals.

FWIW, the highest risk categories for HIV are fun males and IV narcotic users. One because of the tearing of the cavity wall allows for high infection, the other because of dirty needles.

Whilst it is a great idea to have the HIV blood test in order to get your residence permit, this test is only done on foreigners.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 04, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

FWIW, the highest risk categories for HIV are fun males and IV narcotic users. One because of the tearing of the cavity wall allows for high infection, the other because of dirty needles.

Whilst it is a great idea to have the HIV blood test in order to get your residence permit, this test is only done on foreigners.

Obviously because foreigners are the only ones requiring residency.

However, if you have HIV, you need to get treatment, and treatment requires specific drugs such as Interferon, which the WHO track and use to estimate the % of HIV infection in the country.

The fact that the UAE has the lowest HIV infection in the world, means either the infection rate is neglibly low (most likely) or those locals who are infected are going untreated (highly unlikely).
^ian^

Oct 04, 2006
I had a meeting with the DEPt of Health the other day and we got onto this topic. they said if you are HIV positive you are immediately taken to jail and then to the airport.

Goodbye!

On another note - they are working to change this and release statistics and bring in health/education programs
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 04, 2006
Hey come on though guys, we're not just talking about HIV/AIDS here. There are loads of different STD's, some with symptoms, some without, but I think it's good if someone has an issue at least they're asking for help with it, instead of just ignoring it. Some can leave you infertile and with awful symptoms and side effects if not treated.

Like I said way back in the beginning of the year, the GMC or Dr Akel's Clinic on beach road are both very good.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat