Male Living With Female Acceptable In Dubai ???

Topic locked
Male living with Female acceptable in Dubai ??? May 06, 2011
Hi,

My friend from the U.K got a job in Dubai, so i've invited her to stay with me for a couple of months, i am from the male species and she is female. Is this legal in Dubai ? A friend told me i might get into trouble, so i don't wanna do anything against the law as i love this Nation and respect it.

I mean she's just a friend of mine, although we will be in the same room, there won't be any funny business of the sort! Appreciate your help!

KingB
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Male Living With Female Acceptable In Dubai ??? May 06, 2011
This subject has been covered so many times here on DF, you might like to carry out a search. To answer your question, legally it is not allowed.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Male living with Female acceptable in Dubai ??? May 07, 2011
KingB wrote:Hi,

My friend from the U.K got a job in Dubai, so i've invited her to stay with me for a couple of months, i am from the male species and she is female. Is this legal in Dubai ? A friend told me i might get into trouble, so i don't wanna do anything against the law as i love this Nation and respect it.

I mean she's just a friend of mine, although we will be in the same room, there won't be any funny business of the sort! Appreciate your help!

There is more than one regular poster here on DF who 'lives over the brush'. (That's an English expression, originally from the north-east, I think, which describes couples who are living in sin, which is an old fashioned English expression for couples who are shacked up).
Most keep it quiet so I don't think you will find anyone, whether thay be English, German, Pakistani or Filipino admitting to it or offering advice. It is against the law, I believe, but isn't a problem until there is a problem, then it's a BIG problem.
I wouldn't recommend it, you don't know who is watching you. better to be safe than sorry.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Male living with Female acceptable in Dubai ??? May 07, 2011
It is against the law, but many people do it. Heck so many people co-habit in shared villas or apartments. Basically if you're white, western, people tend to turn a blind eye son long as you don't do anything to upset your neighbours or get into trouble. Then as BM says you can be in BIG trouble.

It's your call really, but just so long as you know the situation.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat