A Little Visual Snack

Topic locked
A little visual snack Dec 31, 2011
Possibly the best promo I've ever seen - some of these guys are insane! I'm defo getting one of these cameras though, just amazing what you can shoot with it.

Love the soundtrack also.

Enjoy :D

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: A Little Visual Snack Jan 01, 2012
we got a couple of those cameras, we strap them to our helmets when bashing the dunes in the desert, always funny when the person who has the cam gets thrown of his bike or quad lol
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

Re: A Little Visual Snack Jan 02, 2012
general_A , Haha seriously? How tough are the cameras General? Can they take a good bashing?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: A Little Visual Snack Jan 03, 2012
I tried strapping one onto my helmet but found it just got in the way of the activity. Not for me I'm afraid.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Re: A Little Visual Snack Jan 04, 2012
Chocoholic , its quite funny when you can hear them scream as they go mid air and their shoes fly off lol,

and also no complains so far, they are tough little cams, let me check with my friend to see which one is the best so far and i will let u know,

so what r u going to use it for?

i strapped one one on my remote control plane and took some nice shots from the sky down, i didnt know there was a pool on the roof top of that hotel next to the world trade center lol
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

general_A wrote:i strapped one one on my remote control plane and took some nice shots from the sky down, i didnt know there was a pool on the roof top of that hotel next to the world trade center lol

I can see the potential of that.

Just be carefull with those remote planes around WTC. :-P
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman , hahaha i hear you lol dont want to end up in goantamo.

the first time i took video footage was by strapping mu phone to it lol,
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

general_A , The Hero 2 is the latest model, supposed to have gotten rid of any bugs the original had. The OH wants one for his sky diving, also we'd strap it to the tower on the boat to film skiing and wakeboarding and also mount one on the boards to see how that turns out.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

general_A wrote:we got a couple of those cameras, we strap them to our helmets when bashing the dunes in the desert, always funny when the person who has the cam gets thrown of his bike or quad lol

Do you know the Sandstorm guys?

--- Jan 04, 2012 ---

The Hero 2 is great. Retails about £250-£280 in the Uk, the slightly more basic one retails at £199 now. Great on quads, bikes & for skydiving, also wake boarding etc. When you do those kind of sports then it's a must!
Sandstormlady
Dubai Forums Member

i strapped one one on my remote control plane and took some nice shots from the sky down, i didnt know there was a pool on the roof top of that hotel next to the world trade center lol

Note to myself. Remember to close the curtains.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

go pro series is amazing! My buddy got one for Xmas and we have been using it non stop (videos arnt exactly bragg worthy) we are still new to making videos.
kuruptex
Dubai Forum Guest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S28ZAxoe ... ata_player

This is filmed with a GoPro of our pal Sam Sunderland (yes, The Dakar Sam Sunderland)
Sandstormlady
Dubai Forums Member

Re: A Little Visual Snack Jan 06, 2012
Awesome promo.
fred2265
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: A Little Visual Snack Jan 07, 2012
Sandstormlady , Nice! The shock proofing and stabilizers must be working over time on that. Fantastic footage, thanks for that.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: A Little Visual Snack Jan 07, 2012
There's lots of footage on you tube, just search Sam Sunderland. We sponsored him in this years Dakar along with Belray Honda. Sam works for us, also a mate @ Sandstorm.
Sandstormlady
Dubai Forums Member

Re: A Little Visual Snack Jan 08, 2012
Yup I watched a few of the vids. All very good. Looks like a lot of fun.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: A Little Visual Snack Jan 09, 2012
Bethsmum ,
hehehe, i've always been good at catching people off gaurd, so keep your gaurds up at all times, coz i am the sneeky type lol.

Sandstormlady

well i dont know them in person but i know who they are, they are located in al qouz i think, i ride only with some of my friends, i'm not much into bikes, but my friends are, they probably know you guys.
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat