Lets Try Again

Topic locked
Lets Try Again Aug 02, 2011
I must be honest that all I am seeing and hearing during this Ramadan is fasting and the consequences of not.

What happened to the good will in general in everday life?

I watched a poor girl trying to cross the road, would anyone stop to let her out of the heat, NO!

I watched Indian guys smoking in public with total disregard for Ramadan.

The bars have music and hookers are in full flow.

Can we perhaps start here on this form with at least the good will?

Love and Peace
Drew

drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Re: Lets Try Again Aug 03, 2011
Yes. Drew lets all start a-fresh, why not?

Chocs was saying earlier she wasn't feeling well! I'd like to wish her a speedy recovery from whatever ails her. I hope she feels better tomorrow.
And to my favourite little munchkin, BM forgives you for calling her a whore :knob:
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

well, not to brag about it but, last night i stopped in the middle of the road flashing my hazard signal to let a woman cross the road, even though i was late for my iftar meal.

@BM good for you BM, well atleast there are two people here who are willing to do good.
some people in this forum would not even participate in a thread unless it is to brag about something or spill there negative thoughts and ideas.

oh and i hope my manager gets cancer, it will be for the good of everyone here at work LOL, so it should count as a good will :D
general_A
Dubai forums Addict

Well said Drew.
symmetric
BANNED

general_A wrote:well, not to brag about it but, last night i stopped in the middle of the road flashing my hazard signal to let a woman cross the road, even though i was late for my iftar meal.

@BM good for you BM, well atleast there are two people here who are willing to do good.
some people in this forum would not even participate in a thread unless it is to brag about something or spill there negative thoughts and ideas.

oh and i hope my manager gets cancer, it will be for the good of everyone here at work LOL, so it should count as a good will :D

Well done on all counts general! Was the woman fit? (as in looking, not breathing)
Bethsmum

In all honesty I only ever see people becoming more selfish, ignorant and intolerant during Ramadan. I stopped, hazards on to let a man and his son cross the road and the fool next to me nearly ran them down. People lack patience.

I have to to work at the worst time of day at the moment and all I see is people rushing, being impatient and generally awful to everyone else. If you can't get into the spirit of the true meaning, then don't bother IMHO.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

general_A wrote:well, not to brag about it but, last night i stopped in the middle of the road flashing my hazard signal to let a woman cross the road, even though i was late for my iftar meal.

Is that gesture of goodwill General something you show only during Ramadan?

And you wrote this while you are fasting? Is this you being in the spirit of Ramadan General?

-- Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:40 pm --

Chocoholic wrote:In all honesty I only ever see people becoming more selfish, ignorant and intolerant during Ramadan. I stopped, hazards on to let a man and his son cross the road and the fool next to me nearly ran them down. People lack patience.

I think it's fair to say that the selfishness, ignorance and intolerance you speak of Chocs is just more than usual. :lol:

How about arrogance Chocs? I go to the market every morning to do my shopping and I can't believe my eyes as to the disrepect many expats show during this time of year. This morning I watched a child put food in mummy's mouth and mummy chewed and chewed and chewed. The other day a female with a half top on - deep clevage, stomach and back showing with low rise 3/4 pants. Just lovely.

It made me wonder: how many of these people come from countries where they are sick and tired of immigrants trying to impose their religion/laws on their "country", yet they go ahead and impose their "style" and show total disregard to the request that they dress appropriately, a show of respect, for 1 month a year to their host country.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Chocoholic wrote:In all honesty I only ever see people becoming more selfish, ignorant and intolerant during Ramadan. I stopped, hazards on to let a man and his son cross the road and the fool next to me nearly ran them down. People lack patience.

I have to to work at the worst time of day at the moment and all I see is people rushing, being impatient and generally awful to everyone else. If you can't get into the spirit of the true meaning, then don't bother IMHO.

Well said Chocs, from a Christian upbringing and in particular at Christmas time, I couldnt help but be nice to everybody.

Even a higher degree of tolerance to those who would annoy me.

-- Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:43 pm --

symmetric wrote:Well said Drew.

Merci Sym.
drewpeacock
Dubai chat master

Well it must try your patience during Ramadan when it's so hot. It's like Christmas, if they had it at a different time of year, it would be much nicer. I hate the cold.
Bethsmum

BB, sadly I wasn't talking about the expats! And did you go and say anything to the mother? I would have. I have done in the past.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:BB, sadly I wasn't talking about the expats! And did you go and say anything to the mother? I would have. I have done in the past.

I know that.

No I didn't say anything to the mother Chocs. I have to ignore it as there are just too many people out there who don't find it necessary to show some respect.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:BB, sadly I wasn't talking about the expats! And did you go and say anything to the mother? I would have. I have done in the past.

I know that.

No I didn't say anything to the mother Chocs. I have to ignore it as there are just too many people out there who don't find it necessary to show some respect.

But unless people educate them, they won't learn :?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:

I know that.

But unless people educate them, they won't learn :?

Chocs, for those who have been here for a while they clearly know better. For those who have not been, there is certainly enough info out there to educate them.

This morning I had a guy - EXPAT - tailgating me on Al Wasl Road which is 2 lane. Speed limit 70, and that's where I was, but apparently I wasn't going fast enough for him. Rather than go around me he preferred to ride the back of my car. I gave a tap on the brakes and HE hit the horn. We got to a light and I got out of the car and told him to get off the back of my car and to back off. Then there was the EXPAT who was going at a high speed and jumped in front of me (while on his mobile) into the exit queue because clearly he didn't find it necessary to creep along like everyone else.

When you say not talking about expats, clearly you are referring to locals. It just seems that locals can't do anything right, all year long.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Urgh don't get your knickers in a twist! EVERYONE from EVERYWHERE makes mistakes and can act like an idiot. But sadly some people seem to think Ramadan gives them an excuse to behave even worse than they do the rest of the time.

You ASSUME people who've been here along time will know better, I can guarantee you that many still don't!

And NO contrary to your popular belief I wasn't necessarily referring to locals, that was a badly written post on my part, but pretty much people who're supposed to use Ramadan to be more tolerant to others - aren't.

The majority of locals I know and have seen have been extremely nice and kind - some haven't but I can say the same of everyone else as well.

Stop jumping down my throat at every opportunity.

Grumpy mare.

Do you know what, I can't do a damn thing right can I - princess about this, princess about that - shove it Bora! Infact shove the lot of you.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Urgh don't get your knickers in a twist! EVERYONE from EVERYWHERE makes mistakes and can act like an idiot. But sadly some people seem to think Ramadan gives them an excuse to behave even worse than they do the rest of the time.

You ASSUME people who've been here along time will know better, I can guarantee you that many still don't!

And NO contrary to your popular belief I wasn't necessarily referring to locals, that was a badly written post on my part, but pretty much people who're supposed to use Ramadan to be more tolerant to others - aren't.

The majority of locals I know and have seen have been extremely nice and kind - some haven't but I can say the same of everyone else as well.

Stop jumping down my throat at every opportunity.

Grumpy mare.

Do you know what, I can't do a damn thing right can I - princess about this, princess about that - shove it Bora! Infact shove the lot of you.

What is your problem? Are you fasting? :lol: :lol:

Now that you opened the door - let me go through it - if you aren't jumping on someone you are bringing down threads. You have to be the most negative person on this forum. If someone doesn't agree with you, you are right down their throat. You damn well know you were referring to locals. You have never had anything nice to say about them. Gee, maybe that's why the police followed you?????

Yes it was a poorly written post, no different from 99% of your posts. Maybe you should take a moment a re-read your posts before hitting the "Submit" button you stupid b*tch.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Oh my heart bleeds. As I said before shove it. Nasty old cow. Of course you never do anything wrong, the sun shines out of your butt. Perhaps if people would stop getting at me in the first place.

Sod off BB, you sad old witch - time for another face lift probably is it?
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

" I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way; so I stole a bike, and asked for forgiveness!" Anonymous.
:lol: :lol:
zonker
BANNED

Chocoholic wrote:Oh my heart bleeds. As I said before shove it. Nasty old cow. Of course you never do anything wrong, the sun shines out of your butt. Perhaps if people would stop getting at me in the first place.

Sod off BB, you sad old witch - time for another face lift probably is it?

Of course the sun shines out of my butt!!! which overshadows you. I had a butt lift as well!!!

Here we go with the name calling!! Nothing new there. When all else fails, or don't have anything of substance to put forward to make a decent argument, out comes the name calling. Do you address your mother as a nasty old cow, sad old witch as well??? I would say to you that youth is wasted on the young, by you are past your youthful days Chocs, :lol: at least chronologically, because you still think/behave/act like a stupid little kid from the playground.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Go drink and smoke yourself to death with your buddy hey.

You know you won't be happy until you've driven all the girls away so there's only you BM and Melika left - you've pretty much done a good enough job of that already.

Such a biyatch.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Cease Fire - Please.
Why don't you guys plan your Eid holidays instead of fighting ;)

I'm currently editing some photos of my previous trips to share them with you all, keep a close eye :D
symmetric
BANNED

I normally try and avoid going anywhere during Eid cause its way too busy.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

The thing I do on Eid is either stay at home or go somewhere away from the cities, any cities as Ben said they are all overflowing all the way down to khorfakkan and Fujairah got stuck in a massive traffic jam during one Eid all the way down to Dhaid !! Tried Al AIn on time and same result. This year it looks like its gonna be a stay at home thing as its too hot to do something in the mountains or desert.
desertdudeshj

Chocoholic wrote:Go drink and smoke yourself to death with your buddy hey.

You know you won't be happy until you've driven all the girls away so there's only you BM and Melika left - you've pretty much done a good enough job of that already.

Such a biyatch.

Boo hoo hoo. You have done a good job driving men and women off the forum.

Get it right, it's not biyatch, it's Queen Biyatch.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I totally agree with you guys. It gets way too crowded during Eid, I usually spend the first day visiting family members and relatives, as far as 4th cousins =s .. Its a cultural thing of local Persians which I think is going to fade due to the very busy an tight time we got nowdays. Or else I TRAVEL !!!

-- Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:02 am --

DAMN !! I forgot to resize the photos before I upload them to post them in the new thread !!

70 photos :@ :@ :@ :@ !!!!!!
symmetric
BANNED

Re: Lets Try Again Aug 04, 2011
Oh whatever! Now lets get back to the fun!

Chocs, you were saying?
Now there was little ol' BM wishing you well on the other topic and I see you are disrespecting me here!!

C'mon Chocs! What's up with yer? Chill!! Maybe you should up the meds? Happy pills all round :drunken:

-- Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:20 am --

Go drink and smoke yourself to death with your buddy hey.

Such a biyatch.

Who's driven who away? It's only what's her name that's left and thats cause she dug her own grave!

BTW I don't smoke Chocs! But I am having a glass of Chardonnay as I type :drunken:

I blame Drew for starting this daft topic! LOOL As if!

-- Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:21 am --

Anyways! Who's for a group hug?

Stand back munchkin! :bounce:
Bethsmum

it is good to run out of dubai in Eids, escaped to Mussandam last one I guess, but the boarders were like 1 Km queue...
but no plans for this Eid so far, well there is a bigger plan after the Eid so busy with it :).
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

BM & BB,
Killing off the host is generally not a good idea you pair of parasites :lol: .
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

benwj wrote:BM & BB,

I'm not admitting to sucking anyone off on Df, ben

-- Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:16 am --

I meant I'm not admitting to sucking off anyone on DF, ben

This Jacobs Creek is stronger than I thought.
Bethsmum

benwj wrote:BM & BB,

:lol: :lol: Feel free to jump in any time benwj. There's enough to go around for everyone to take a bite!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Eid holiday? What's that! Sadly we don't get any time off for national holidays, it's work as usual for Chocs.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat