Lack Of Smiles In Dubai

Topic locked
Lack of smiles in Dubai Aug 28, 2006
Why is everyone so down in Dubai? You would think you all had it so hard here. Been here 5 days and barely seen any smiles yet alone people laughing. Is it that bad here?

by the way, hi everyone :D

Stan
Dubai Forum User

Aug 29, 2006
Stan i am just wondering where you come from. Compared to the US i would say yes this place does lack smiles. But compared to Europe dubai is a heaven of smiles lol
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 29, 2006
Welcome Stan,

I don't know I get a lot of smiles, the kinda smile someone would give just as they're F'ing you over :lol: :lol: :lol:
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 29, 2006
Hi Stan, Welcome to Dubai :lol:

I have never noticed that their is a lack of smiles here, if I smile I almost always will get one in return, maybe thats because I have a funny face :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 29, 2006
Stan i get smiled at all the time :D
And I smile too but mostly at the same se><.

I think it's against the culture to smile at a member of the se>< that you don't know?
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 29, 2006
i always smile and my name means : joy so with a happy face and spirit will get u anywhere and u get a bunch of smiles return ... talking about lack of smiles have u ever travelled to jordan ??No offense any one 8) 8)
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 29, 2006
I think if one smiles, it brings smiles to them too. If one has "smile wrinkles" then I like them instantly.......shows they are a happy person (most of the time).

If you want a smile, give a smile :D
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Lack of smiles in Dubai Aug 29, 2006
Stan wrote:Why is everyone so down in Dubai? You would think you all had it so hard here. Been here 5 days and barely seen any smiles yet alone people laughing. Is it that bad here?

try smiling at the women in the black ninja costumes over here.
ull get a good response
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 29, 2006
probably might get a piece of paper tossed at you .. and if u wanna know wats written in those papers they toss.. then make sure u smile at them so called ninja's
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Aug 29, 2006
I agree with Scarlet.... it could be a culture thing. I smile whenever I feel like doing so but only to other girls. Bec. its like flirting if I smile to guys I dont know of ...isnt it? :wink:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Aug 29, 2006
Anywhere in the world, people are miserable in a big city. Come to London and you can see how miserable people are..
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 29, 2006
sara_uk wrote:Anywhere in the world, people are miserable in a big city. Come to London and you can see how miserable people are..

:lol: I :lol: A :lol: M :lol: N :lol: O :lol: T :lol: M :lol: I :lol: S :lol: E :lol: R :lol: A :lol: B :lol: L :lol: E :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 29, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
sara_uk wrote:Anywhere in the world, people are miserable in a big city. Come to London and you can see how miserable people are..

:lol: I :lol: A :lol: M :lol: N :lol: O :lol: T :lol: M :lol: I :lol: S :lol: E :lol: R :lol: A :lol: B :lol: L :lol: E :lol:

now here's one happy ducky! :P
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 29, 2006

specially the underground is miserable. it stinks horribly and is crowded to the extent that tall big ladies in tiny bits of clthing squeeze against your face... which is quite embarassing.... :shock:

one word 'chaos'

:lol:
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 29, 2006
dale wrote:

specially the underground is miserable. it stinks horribly and is crowded to the extent that tall big ladies in tiny bits of clthing squeeze against your face... which is quite embarassing.... :shock:

one word 'chaos'

:lol:

Mmmmm, which line was that and what time? :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 29, 2006
comon sage, you know it is true. oh my god people are so miserable on the tubes and i hate underground filth too. Oh do not get me started.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 29, 2006
sage & onion wrote:

take a day travel ticket on a sunday. go to camden town and back till you find what you are looking for :wink: Good luck :lol:

P.S.
am i sounding like a pervert? lol
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 29, 2006
dale wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

take a day travel ticket on a sunday. go to camden town and back till you find what you are looking for :wink: Good luck :lol:

P.S.
am i sounding like a pervert? lol

You and me both M8 :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 29, 2006
A scientific study discovered that the amount of smiles is inversely proportional to the price of beer.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 29, 2006
mraph33 wrote:A scientific study discovered that the amount of smiles is inversely proportional to the price of beer.

lol which study is that?? the Eastenders's vic study?
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 29, 2006
Hahahahahaha,

Don't drink beer much, when I do I smile a lot. :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 29, 2006
1. alcohol kills your brain cells so there is a possibility that you might end up as a retard nut case
2. you realise you are left with no money when your credit is rejected at the supermarket.
3. you waste precious time which could have been used for something more entertaining and productive.
4. your health suffers, skin loses its sheen and shine
5. you may end up in jail. most crimes happen when people are drunk.
6. it could be the last time you are driving your car.
7. it could destroy relatioships
8. you age quickly
9. lastly in some cases your performance can suffer :wink:

so why drink at the first place?
better drink milk and honey... :wink:
dale
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 29, 2006
dale wrote:better drink milk and honey

That's for the hang-over
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Stan wrote:Why is everyone so down in Dubai? You would think you all had it so hard here. Been here 5 days and barely seen any smiles yet alone people laughing. Is it that bad here?

lol thats pretty weird thing eh, I'm always cheesy cheesy :D
it ain't bad :!: :!:
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Sara1983 wrote:

lol thats pretty weird thing eh, I'm always cheesy cheesy :D
it ain't bad :!: :!:

I think Stan must be frequenting the wrong kind of places, like Dubai Prison :wink: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 29, 2006
There is nothing better than a tube or night bus on a Fri/Sat night in London Town. Everyone jammed on singing songs and fooling around. I loved it!!! And who smiles at 7am on their way to work on a Monday morning when it's chucking it down outside and your soaked right through?!? Jeez... it's depressing just thinking about it!
Princess Banana Hammock
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 29, 2006
Princess Banana Hammock wrote:There is nothing better than a tube or night bus on a Fri/Sat night in London Town. Everyone jammed on singing songs and fooling around. I loved it!!! And who smiles at 7am on their way to work on a Monday morning when it's chucking it down outside and your soaked right through?!? Jeez... it's depressing just thinking about it!

I prefer the London Underground any day in comparison with SZR or SDR in the morning or evening.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 29, 2006
I agree Sage! Although I do love that song by the Doctors about the Underground. Tickles me every time!!!
Princess Banana Hammock
Dubai Forums Talker

Aug 29, 2006
Princess Banana Hammock wrote:I agree Sage! Although I do love that song by the Doctors about the Underground. Tickles me every time!!!

I don't think I have heard it.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 29, 2006
thats what we call customer loyalty :P
dale
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat