Lack Of Smiles In Dubai

Topic locked
Dec 17, 2006
MAC wrote:I get plastic surgury so smile = 100%

does it mean u had ugly yellow teeth before? :?

Congrats with ur surgery

bonitta
Dubai chat master

Dec 17, 2006
dave101 wrote:ive just been to the traffic office to change my uk licence to a uae one, and the arabs in there were laughing and joking it was funny, even tho i didnt understand, you had to smile too, what a good universal language!

maybe they were laughin at u buddy lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sara1983
Dubai Expat Helper

Dec 17, 2006
they were possibly laughing at a joke one of them did, not necessaryly laughing at you

but did you wear a funky hat or something :D
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 17, 2006
ppl dont smile in dubai cos they are so foking fed up with life here. so much tension. like rents, traffic and paying fines to dubai police, or trying to find parking under ur house.

but if u want a good laugh or see some smile u should see me am ALWAYS laughing n smiling :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 17, 2006
rudeboy wrote:ppl dont smile in dubai cos they are so foking fed up with life here. so much tension. like rents, traffic and paying fines to dubai police, or trying to find parking under ur house.

but if u want a good laugh or see some smile u should see me am ALWAYS laughing n smiling :D

how about the person in a poor country who cant even feed his family properly?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 17, 2006
in a poor country they smiling n laughing. plus poor ppl smile and laugh much more then rich ppl. my grand mum used to say this and am sure u know this aswell money doesnt buy u happiness ;)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 17, 2006
^^ I agree with your grandmum. I think smiling is a culture thing also.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 17, 2006
yeh its culture thing aswell. cos if u crack a joke with someone from da west they wouldnt get it whereas if u cracked a joke with an arab he/she wouldnt get it. probably they will but some dont u know wot i mean :p
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 17, 2006
No no..what i mean is smiling per se is a culture thing not just cracking jokes. :D Definitely jokes varies from place to place, if you'll tell a joke that is arabic in origin, people from other parts of the world can understand it unless they know the arab cultures etc.

Anyone who curse asc or say anything against her, the bad luck goes back to them. 8)
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Dec 17, 2006
asc_26 wrote:No no..what i mean is smiling per se is a culture thing not just cracking jokes. :D Definitely jokes varies from place to place, if you'll tell a joke that is arabic in origin, people from other parts of the world can understand it unless they know the arab cultures etc.

Anyone who curse asc or say anything against her, the bad luck goes back to them. 8)

oh i thought u were talking about u know jokes and all. well i dont think its a culture thing i mean a smile comes from within u but u could be rite cos some ppl from parts of world are always sad n not smiling :D like if u look at them u ll think they grumpy or something.

by da way when did i curse u or say something against ya. i never said anything bad to u so y is ur bad luck following me where ever i go. is it cos of my smile :)
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 21, 2006
sara_uk wrote:Anywhere in the world, people are miserable in a big city. Come to London and you can see how miserable people are..

Not sure about that, I live in Chicago and people are very friendly here. I'm not originally from Chicago so when I first moved here, I made friends very quickly. People were always willing to stop and give you directions or help you if you looked lost or just talk to you while you are in line at the market. I'm sure there are some rude and unfriendly people but most of the time people are generally happy.

But thats just my experience.
SimplyMe
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat