Kitten Stealing - Hell Hath No Fury...

Topic locked
Kitten Stealing - hell hath no fury... Oct 01, 2011
A light hearted and strangely sad and disturbing story.

This is from a tabloid, and note the English tabloid fondness for working in the value of the house, the phrase love rat and other clichés.

It's a rare combination of stories - s.ex, politicians, affairs, cute animal, burglary/theft and even house prices. :D :D
(The kitten is still missing)

MP's wife Chris­­tine Hemming found guilty of stealing love rival's kitten
by Richard Smith, Daily Mirror 1/10/2011

CREEPING under cover of darkness, Chris­­tine Hemming slips into her love rival’s house and callously steals her pet kitten.

And yesterday MP’s wife Hemming was convicted of stealing the four-month-old cat after the jury watched CCTV images of her in Emily Cox’s home.

Lib Dem MP John Hemming, 51, had been inside sharing a pizza with the four-year-old daughter from his 13-year affair with former parliamentary assistant Ms Cox.

Unknown to him, his wife sneaked into the £212,000 house he bought his lover and then left with the kitten, Beauty.

Mrs Hemming showed no emotion as the jury at Birmingham crown court found her guilty of burglary.

And, freeing her on bail ahead of passing sentence next month, Judge Elizabeth Fisher told her: “Obviously I make no promise about what the sentence may be.”

The four-day trial heard that Hemming, 53, met her Birmingham Yardley MP husband when they were both students and, after marrying in 1981, went on to have three children.

But the defendant said her love rat husband had ­liaisons with 26 women during their marriage and she discovered his relationship with Miss Cox in 2004, then found out about the love child later from the media.

She ordered the MP to leave their marital home in Moseley, Birm­­ingham, in September last year and – three days later – took the tabby kitten.

However, she insisted: “I had no intention of stealing the cat. I am not a vindictive person.”

She added that she left Beauty near Ms Cox’s home the next day but it has not been seen since.

Ms Cox, 32, told the jury: “Mrs Hemming has not and never will be welcome in my home.”

Mr Hemming and Ms Cox were not in court but speaking from her home last night, she said: “If anybody thinks they are looking after Beauty, please let us know. If Beauty is in a loving home we would not feel it appropriate to remove her but would like to know where she is.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-storie ... z1ZUcC7mah

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Kitten Stealing - Hell Hath No Fury... Oct 01, 2011
Another kitty gets caught in a lovers quarrel cross fire. :D
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat