Keep Having To LOG IN!

Topic locked
Keep having to LOG IN! Aug 14, 2006
Anyone else having this problem.

The site keeps logging me out whilst I'm composing posts and I keep having to log back in, it's really getting on my nerves!

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 14, 2006
not to me.... :?

did you do something to anger them?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 14, 2006
Chocs try deleting your cookies and temporary internet files by using the properties option of Internet Explorer.

The next time you log in, it should work fine
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Aug 14, 2006
KeithL wrote:Chocs try deleting your cookies and temporary internet files by using the properties option of Internet Explorer.

The next time you log in, it should work fine

That should do it Chocs
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

hmmm.. Aug 14, 2006
I agree with Chocs.. stupid thing makes me log in everytime too.. its like its on a timer.. and yes yes my coooooookies and temporary files are always cleared :P

any other explaination from you OLDie veterans?

- Soup Fella..
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Keep having to LOG IN! Aug 14, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Anyone else having this problem.

The site keeps logging me out whilst I'm composing posts and I keep having to log back in, it's really getting on my nerves!

If you're on AOL or Etisalat poxy server (or many other similar ISPs), you'll get this problem - especially at busy times like evenings when everyone's at home checking dubaiforums (doing it at work is probably ok because of the way office connections are likely to be configured). Blah blah blah dribble dribble....

Select the "remember me" check box on the login page and you'll be fine.

There's a hack that fixes it too but not very well, and that's something only the admin can do anyway.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 14, 2006
there has been problems with our forum since yesterday, Admin has corrected the index problem, but there may still be some minor probs outstanding, it is being worked so bear with it plzz

Any major probs either report to Mods or Admin

cheers
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

it doesn'tmatter what time of day it is actually. if you're using Proxy, you will have this problem always.

Like sharewadi said, you can use the "log me in automatically" check box but if you're using a public computer or are at an internet cafe, this is not recommended.

There is no registry hack of any sort available for this problem, unless you get off proxy and on a network that doesn't use it.

Also, its frequent depending on what proxy you use. It could be every 1 minute or every 5 minutes that you are idle, you may have to log in again and again ..
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: log in issue Aug 14, 2006
nosoup4u wrote:Like sharewadi said, you can use the "log me in automatically" check box but if you're using a public computer or are at an internet cafe, this is not recommended.

All it does is save a cookie - if you delete them before leaving public computer, it'll be ok. Well, sort of. I guess someone determined enough could retrieve deleted cookies.

There is no registry hack of any sort available for this problem, unless you get off proxy and on a network that doesn't use it.

The hack is one of the php files, not registry.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 14, 2006
SW is correct

its the php files we are having probs with
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Keep having to LOG IN! Aug 15, 2006

even this site doesnt like u :P
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: Keep having to LOG IN! Aug 15, 2006
HP wrote:

even this site doesnt like u :P

but u do :P , otherwice u would not be pissing her all the time
raidah
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: log in issue Aug 15, 2006
nosoup4u wrote:it doesn'tmatter what time of day it is actually. if you're using Proxy, you will have this problem always.

Like sharewadi said, you can use the "log me in automatically" check box but if you're using a public computer or are at an internet cafe, this is not recommended.

Also, its frequent depending on what proxy you use. It could be every 1 minute or every 5 minutes that you are idle, you may have to log in again and again ..

We go through the Etisalat Proxy at work and I do not have this problem.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:We go through the Etisalat Proxy at work and I do not have this problem.

It depends on your IP. If it's static, it'll be fine. You'll still probably go through poxy though.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

sharewadi wrote:
sage & onion wrote:We go through the Etisalat Proxy at work and I do not have this problem.

It depends on your IP. If it's static, it'll be fine. You'll still probably go through poxy though.

Ok, lost me but OK :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:Ok, lost me but OK :lol:

IP address is like a telephone number for the rest of the internet to communicate with your computer. Static means you have the same one all the time your connected. Etisalat's poxy keeps changing them while you're connected. Sometimes within seconds during busy periods. The poxy keeps track of it so internet communications don't go astray.

The forum software relies on static IPs to keep you logged in so when it changes, you get logged out. There's more and what I've written is probably technically not exactly correct but that's the idea.

Networked computers (like at work) will often have an internal static IP system and then have a static IP (or many) from Etisalat for the network.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

hmmm.. Aug 15, 2006
I gave myself a static IP address from the pool and tried it, I still had to keep logging back in.. I blame the php :P
nosoup4u
Dubai Expat Helper

sharewadi wrote:
sage & onion wrote:Ok, lost me but OK :lol:

IP address is like a telephone number for the rest of the internet to communicate with your computer. Static means you have the same one all the time your connected. Etisalat's poxy keeps changing them while you're connected. Sometimes within seconds during busy periods. The poxy keeps track of it so internet communications don't go astray.

The forum software relies on static IPs to keep you logged in so when it changes, you get logged out. There's more and what I've written is probably technically not exactly correct but that's the idea.

Networked computers (like at work) will often have an internal static IP system and then have a static IP (or many) from Etisalat for the network.

Thanks, finally starting to understand :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: hmmm.. Aug 15, 2006
nosoup4u wrote:I gave myself a static IP address from the pool and tried it, I still had to keep logging back in.. I blame the php :P

You mean company pool? Or Etisalat pool (I didn't think you could do that)? If company pool, then I presume that's only static internally and not what forum server sees via Etisalat - if company IP/s is/are dynamic then you'll get same problem. Sorry, that's not clear in my previous explanation.

If Etisalat pool then I think I should go back to delivering newspapers :oops: ...
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat