Jobs In Dubai Casting Apsersions On DubaiForums.com

Topic locked
Feb 11, 2007
removed

samuraisam
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Feb 11, 2007
scot1870 wrote:but I have to say that I have been concerned that there may be some spyware or something linked to this site. With 2 other forums I go on, I've noticed that the newest member is sometimes the same newest member as on DF (with the DF reg happening first), ie some botware is copying my history and signing up to other sites. Never happened anywhere else and I run pretty strong anti-virus plus a separate spyware programme on my computer.

Now that is interesting can you please tell me which are the other 2 forums?
Dubai Forums is a phpBB based forum, it's open source. It can't have any spyware and such.
Andyba
Dubai Forum Admin

Feb 11, 2007
Very much interesting... :) I think its not at all possible to inject something on the forum by a normal level user.. coz all the input validations are done well.. so very very less chances for a script in jection, xss.. or any kinda malware injection.. the suggestions of spywares from DF is just not possible.. coz most of the times.. if a vulnerability is exploited in any software, the same will be expolited all through its users .. which means most of the fourms (most are php open source based) would have the same spyware tagged along with them :)..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat