Islamic Lectures In English

Topic locked
Islamic Lectures in English Oct 02, 2006
Are there places that regularly host Islamic lectures in English? I know about the Jumeirah Islamic Learning Center, but they don't update their website or advertise, so finding out about what is going on there is sporadic.

Are there any speakers coming to Dubai for Ramadan? Last year there was Dr. Zakir Naik, and the year before Hamza Yusuf and Yusuf Islam. But this year? Any news?

Kindly let me know.

luckybee
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 03, 2006
dont know if anyone is coming but do let me know cos last time i went to see Dr Zakir and that guy cracked me up in a good way especially when he cracked a few jokes about Bush hehehe
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 03, 2006
i hope Hamza Yusuf comes..
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 03, 2006
mema wrote:i hope Hamza Yusuf comes..

I Thought Hamza Yousuf is Sufi? is that not frowned upon by the Wahabbis?

just wondering. Friends of mine have much material as work of Hamza Yousuf. His communication skills are fantastic.
rvp_legend
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 03, 2006
EDIT
nismo
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 03, 2006
nismo wrote:Edit

u live in toronto! jeeeeeezzz no wonder you immigrate to canada and insult your race bringing ad name to canadians.... :x
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 04, 2006
rvp_legend wrote:
mema wrote:i hope Hamza Yusuf comes..

I Thought Hamza Yousuf is Sufi? is that not frowned upon by the Wahabbis?

just wondering. Friends of mine have much material as work of Hamza Yousuf. His communication skills are fantastic.

i did'nt know that :shock: ..had my doubts...but as u said his communication skills are amazing..he has a new show on mbc during Ramadan.http://www.rihla.tv/
mema
Dubai forums Addict

Jan 09, 2007
Shaykh Hamza Yusuf is an amazing man. He often visits the UK and has been several times especially following the 7/11 bombing in London. He is a true ambassador for peace and humantiarian unity.

My wife and I had the honour of spending time with him and Shaykh Muhammad Al-Yaqoubi during the Rihla to Mecca and Medina in 2005... we spent 2 weeks amidst the Shuyukh during lectures and visiting holy sites as guests of the government:

A Rihla to the City of The Beloved

Check out the website of his institute... some superb audio lectures, video downloads, articles and lots more: Zaytuna Institute

Other useful sites:

www.alhambraproductions.com
www.radicalmiddleway.co.uk
www.masud.co.uk

[/url]
Gekko

Jan 09, 2007
Thanx for the links :)
mema
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat