Invitation For Compliance With Car Window Tinting Regulation

Topic locked
Invitation for Compliance with Car Window Tinting Regulation Jul 25, 2009
In this mornings Gulf News the above mentioned notice is inserted, it also gives the following statement;

- The colour of the tinting film has to be brown or black and non-reflective. It has to be applied to the side and rear windows of the vehicles, excluding front window (windshield), with permissible darkness up to 30% maximum.

- The rule applies to UAE nationals as well as expatriate motorists.

- Using tinted glass is not permissible in taxicabs and heavy vehicles.

I am very interested to see how this will be implimented.

sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 25, 2009
Given that 1 in every 2 cars seems to be over 30%, I too am interested in seeing how this will be implemented...
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Invitation for Compliance with Car Window Tinting Regula Jul 25, 2009
sage & onion wrote:

:D :D :D yeah right.

:roll:
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Speedhump wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

:D :D :D yeah right.

:roll:

I'm ROFLing
dresden
Dubai chat master

Jul 25, 2009
LOL

Dre...we missed you dogg.... :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 25, 2009
^ There's going to be a lot more threads in the FC now that I'm back!

bishes. :)
dresden
Dubai chat master

Jul 25, 2009
They've been talking about window tinting since God knows when.
Give it week or two, it'll be forgotten.
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 25, 2009
dresden wrote:^ There's going to be a lot more threads in the FC now that I'm back!

bishes. :)

LOL. I see...well

;)

Sorry sage, had to be done.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 25, 2009
this has been for 4 years now !

and ppl (locals LOL) are getting the 10000 fine why is only now on the news paper.

but it's going to effect you guys more, have you seen how your faces turns in heat ? LOOOOOOOL its almost looks like its going to pop up like popcorn :lol:
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 25, 2009
We have been over this so many times kid.....

Newspapers here have nothing better do than rake up stale old stories agian and again because they are gagged from printing anything interesting about the dirt that goes on behind the scenes with the royal family, government, etc., as media in other countries do to sell papers. :roll:

Also my face doesn't do anything in the heat. I've been here 5 years and also have a slightly darker complexion than some northern Europeans anyway. But I find it funny to think of your tiny childish ***** shrinking way up into their ******* in fright if you ever experienced even a UK winter, let alone other colder countries :D :D Now THAT's funny ;)

POST EDITED BY MOD WITHOUT EVEN BOTHERING TO ADD A FOOTNOTE...I don't type such unintelligible rubbish as *********, my rubbish is always highly lucid. ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 25, 2009
i dont think its a big issue since it was released from years..

everyone knows that it should b max 30%,, but some ppl ignore it. even the police sometimes.
silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 25, 2009
Speedhump wrote:We have been over this so many times kid.....

Newspapers here have nothing better do than rake up stale old stories agian and again because they are gagged from printing anything interesting about the dirt that goes on behind the scenes with the royal family, government, etc., as media in other countries do to sell papers. :roll:

Also my face doesn't do anything in the heat. I've been here 5 years and also have a slightly darker complexion than some northern Europeans anyway. But I find it funny to think of your tiny childish ***** shrinking way up into their ******* in fright if you ever experienced even a UK winter, let alone other colder countries :D :D Now THAT's funny ;)

The difference is that this is not a stale old story, this is an announcement made by RTA in the form of a paid advertisment.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 25, 2009
its always penalties and paying and paying nuthng to look after raising salaries ,, putting down the rates of houses its killing here n ad,,,,
silent
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 25, 2009
silent wrote:its always penalties and paying and paying nuthng to look after raising salaries ,, putting down the rates of houses its killing here n ad,,,,

So dont you think that getting these ridiculous dark tints off from the windows of vehicles is a good thing?, and what does this have to do with the cost of housing?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 25, 2009
It's still stale, they keep talking about it year after year. And what changes, please tell me?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 25, 2009
Speedhump wrote:It's still stale, they keep talking about it year after year. And what changes, please tell me?

The change is that it is an official announcement in the Newspaper from RTA, in such a format I have never seen it before. I do believe that they are about to start a serious campagn to remove the over darkened tints, however lets wait and see what transpires in the coming weeks.
I am glad however that I have the proper tint on mine along with a certificate from 3M.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 25, 2009
I have the proper certificated 30 pct 3M too. Good boys! :D

You're more optimistic than me about the effects of the campaign, but let's at least hope. Less people driving three quarters blind on SZR at night would be nice.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 25, 2009
Speedhump wrote:I have the proper certificated 30 pct 3M too. Good boys! :D

You're more optimistic than me about the effects of the campaign, but let's at least hope. Less people driving three quarters blind on SZR at night would be nice.

three quarters?????, your being kind, I sure some of them must have some kind of sonar beuilt into the car,lol
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 25, 2009
True, and when you see the windshield tinted as well you just want to be on a different road. :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

sage & onion wrote:with permissible darkness up to 30% maximum

correction. most people think that it indicates the percentage of darkness (0% clear, 100% total dark) but in fact it indicates the percentage of visible light transmission/VLT.

5% is the darkest tint available in the market (means only 5% of visible light can go through), 30% is the standard one, and 70% is the clearest (for example 3M's Crystalline for front window is in fact 70% VLT, not totally clear 100% as without any tint).
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

xty wrote:
sage & onion wrote:with permissible darkness up to 30% maximum

correction. most people think that it indicates the percentage of darkness (0% clear, 100% total dark) but in fact it indicates the percentage of visible light transmission/VLT.

5% is the darkest tint available in the market (means only 5% of visible light can go through), 30% is the standard one, and 70% is the clearest (for example 3M's Crystalline for front window is in fact 70% VLT, not totally clear 100% as without any tint).

The 3M is however considered as the legal maximum.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 25, 2009
Like people said before. These kind of annoucnents keep comming up time to time with ever anything really being done. Last one I remember was that they were cracking down on cars registered to cops, to set an example or something along those lines.

Just for fun

http://archive.gulfnews.com/indepth/tra ... 92611.html

http://archive.gulfnews.com/indepth/tra ... 78639.html

http://www.gulfnews.com/articles/07/11/28/10170811.html

http://www.ameinfo.com/140030.html

This is the best one. New Radars are going to catch over tinting

https://www.zawya.com/printstory.cfm?st ... 0000080430
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 26, 2009
On a serious note - if they do away with the tinting, they'll notice accident rates will come down. The most rash drivers are the ones with highly tinted windows. probably they feel they cannot be seen - so it gives them more confidence???

The ones with all clear windows are more polite.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 26, 2009
michaeldubai wrote:On a serious note - if they do away with the tinting, they'll notice accident rates will come down. The most rash drivers are the ones with highly tinted windows. probably they feel they cannot be seen - so it gives them more confidence???

The ones with all clear windows are more polite.

tinted windows are not the cause of high rate of accidents . neither there are statistics of your claim .heavily tinted windows don't exceed 3% .the fact that most of the accidents accrue from the front side and front windows are not tinted does not support your opinion. it's just speed and idiotic driving is the reason behind it.
police, radars and laws can't fix ppl stupidity .Everyone is in a rush, road construction never stop and lack of car pooling , idiots driving like they are back home with no law enforced and then comes the new drivers AND WOMEN and don't get me started on the last one LOL
uaekid

Jul 26, 2009
uaekid wrote: idiots driving like they are back home with no law enforced

Exactly, on SUV with black out windows, without using indicators at all, constantly jumping from lane to lane, cutting in front of another motorists.
Where do those guys come from? Guess.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 26, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
uaekid wrote: idiots driving like they are back home with no law enforced

Exactly, on SUV with black out windows, without using indicators at all, constantly jumping from lane to lane, cutting in front of another motorists.
Where do those guys come from? Guess.

why do we have to fight over who did what ?whom do you think I meant by speeding. locals with out tinted windows are crazy enough.happy now.
uaekid

Jul 26, 2009
uaekid wrote:tinted windows are not the cause of high rate of accidents . neither there are statistics of your claim .heavily tinted windows don't exceed 3% .the fact that most of the accidents accrue from the front side and front windows are not tinted does not support your opinion. it's just speed and idiotic driving is the reason behind it.
police, radars and laws can't fix ppl stupidity .Everyone is in a rush, road construction never stop and lack of car pooling , idiots driving like they are back home with no law enforced and then comes the new drivers AND WOMEN and don't get me started on the last one LOL

yeah sure - like we have too much faith in the statistics already realeased.

by the way - there is a new trend emerging where the front windows are blacked out with the "roller shades" available in supermarkets. I see at least around 5 vehicles a day. I guess if the police stop them, all they have to do is roll back the shade and deny it. no proof. The driver just cannot be seen at all. Whats their intention? driving naked?

actually, whether you find it funny or not, I prefer the new drivers as they are not too comfortable on the roads. So it makes it easier to deal with them and they seem more predictable. the troublemakers are the experienced overconfident ones.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 26, 2009
so this is the cause of most accidents in dubai ? no not even 5% I would say.
uaekid

Jul 26, 2009
SUV's with heavily tinted windows are the root of traffic problems is just another typical UAE stereotype. Little matchboxes chugguing roads are just as much to blame.

Infact my personal opinion I see more dangerous crap from the dinky's on the road. We all are fimiliar with the dinky chugging along at 60kph on the fast lane. Oblivious to the long train of vehicles following it.

In fact just a few days back i almost slammed into one. I was comming back to dubai from abu dhabi doing 90 on the 4th lane following a pickup atleast 6 to 7 car lenghts behind. The pickup suddenly swerves of into the 3 rd lane. And there right in front of me is a 91 rickety corrolla doing what must not be more than 40.

Good thing the next lane was empty. Otherwise my landover would have surely made minced meat out of him. Now that I make 2 daily trips to AUH and back the amount of crap I see huge.

Almost an accident a day 99% of time a dinky driver who blows his tyre does a couple of 360's and ends up in the barrier if lucky if not taking a few with him.

Also a word of warning to everyone. Majority of one car accidents I have noticed here specially here in the summer are due to poor tyre maintainace. Even if you have new tyres. Over a period of time the loose pressure. And driving a deflated tyre causes heat build up and during the summer the roads can be absolutely boiling. And a long highway run even a new tyre with incorrect pressure add to that super hot asphalt will cause a blow out. And its almost impossible to control a vehicle at highways speeds during a blowout.

So for everyones safety check you tyre pressure atleast once a week if not daily .

Cheers
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 26, 2009
desertdudeshj wrote:Now that I make 2 daily trips to AUH and back the amount of crap I see huge.

2 daily trips to auh and that too in a landrover. That says it all. we all know whose version to believe. :-)

I'd rather the highways are clogged with slow drivers in control than fast rash ones who think life is a video game.
michaeldubai
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat