International Driving Licence

Topic locked
international driving licence Jan 14, 2009
hi, i know Dubai is US system (left side driver). is it possible to use my international driving licence when i came from UK system country (right side driver) over there?

ronald_leonardi
Dubai Forum User

Re: international driving licence Jan 14, 2009
ronald_leonardi wrote:hi, i know Dubai is US system (left side driver). is it possible to use my international driving licence when i came from UK system country (right side driver) over there?

As a visitor and for a hire car yes.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 14, 2009
thanks
ronald_leonardi
Dubai Forum User

Jan 15, 2009
get a temporary driving licence from dubai police and you can drive private cars!!!!

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Jan 15, 2009
sharfraz wrote:get a temporary driving licence from dubai police and you can drive private cars!!!!

8)

I think you will find this only applies to certain Nationalities.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 15, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
sharfraz wrote:get a temporary driving licence from dubai police and you can drive private cars!!!!

8)

I think you will find this only applies to certain Nationalities.

not sure though....

maybe you are right!!!!!!

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Jan 15, 2009
if your coming here to live, go to RTA and they will make you a UAE license
Waqsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jan 16, 2009
Are the RTA issueing temporary licences again? I tried to get one for Mrs Scratcher last April but the RTA had stopped issueing them.

Mrs Scratcher is from one of the 34(?) favoured nationalities with both domestic and international licences.

Anyone here recently obtained a temporary licence?

Scratcher
Scratcher
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jan 16, 2009
Dubai Police Headquarters Licence division. Turn off the Ittihad Road at Galadari Interchange, follow the signs. It costs 100 Dhs and is an automatic issue if you have international or favoured country licence. Take passport copies and your licence. The take your picture there so no need for photos.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 16, 2009
thanks guys. i will go there for visit. Dubai Police HQ licence division seems the ultimate answer.
ronald_leonardi
Dubai Forum User

Jan 16, 2009
you can also get your licence from Dubai Police at Barsha (very near MOE)
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 17, 2009
Dubai Knight wrote:Dubai Police Headquarters Licence division. Turn off the Ittihad Road at Galadari Interchange, follow the signs. It costs 100 Dhs and is an automatic issue if you have international or favoured country licence. Take passport copies and your licence. The take your picture there so no need for photos.

8) 8) 8)

Knight

The whole point is "favoured country licence" I would be interested to find out how this goes.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jan 17, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Dubai Police Headquarters Licence division. Turn off the Ittihad Road at Galadari Interchange, follow the signs. It costs 100 Dhs and is an automatic issue if you have international or favoured country licence. Take passport copies and your licence. The take your picture there so no need for photos.

8) 8) 8)

Knight

The whole point is "favoured country licence" I would be interested to find out how this goes.

I think the whole point is either favored country licence or international driving licence from any country.

I may be wrong....

best to check with dubai police...

so the whole point is dubai poice....

8)
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Jan 17, 2009
yes, dubai police HQ. and FYI i am not from those amazing 33 countries. :dontknow: But i will post the result later. Thanks
ronald_leonardi
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat