Indian Cleaner Participates In A Liposuction Surgery!!!!!!

Topic locked
Indian cleaner participates in a liposuction surgery!!!!!! Jul 23, 2009
Dubai: A British plastic surgeon and an Egyptian anaesthetist have been jailed for one year each and fined Dh10,000 for negligently killing an Emirati housewife following a botched liposuction surgery.

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Police_a ... 33915.html

Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 23, 2009
i am trying to imagine what the cleaners task was during the operation :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 24, 2009
dam if it was an expat instead of the emirate woman I would've seen a lecture from each of you ,you ... you .... you....aahh what’s the point :roll:
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jul 24, 2009
uaekid wrote:dam if it was an expat instead of the emirate woman I would've seen a lecture from each of you ,you ... you .... you....aahh what’s the point :roll:

:D :D

Come on, life is life. Poor woman.

British surgeon...hmm...before surgery you can check with the British Medical Association if you want to know if a surgeon is OK, or if he has been struck off the register for some bad reason, etc.

I would never have surgery without checking out the surgeon first, I wonder if this guy was banned from work in the UK?
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 24, 2009
This makes no sense whatsoever, very bad reporting:

'According to the medical reports, the doctors had asked the 48-year-old Pakistani nurse, S.N., to wake up the woman who was still under anaesthesia, which caused her to stop breathing. '

Well if she'd stopped breathing you would 'bag her' for respiritory assistance and if the heart had stopped, start compressions and maybe administer Lidacane or adrenaline.

Very confusing as to actually what went wrong. Maybe the woman simply had a reaction to the anaesthetic. It happens, and is the most dangerous area of any surgery.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 24, 2009
Pity you weren't scrubbed up Dr. Chocs.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 24, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:This makes no sense whatsoever, very bad reporting:

'According to the medical reports, the doctors had asked the 48-year-old Pakistani nurse, S.N., to wake up the woman who was still under anaesthesia, which caused her to stop breathing. '

Well if she'd stopped breathing you would 'bag her' for respiritory assistance and if the heart had stopped, start compressions and maybe administer Lidacane or adrenaline.

Very confusing as to actually what went wrong. Maybe the woman simply had a reaction to the anaesthetic. It happens, and is the most dangerous area of any surgery.

Choco, you're wanted!

Wanted: Women to eat chocolate for a year
LONDON (AFP) – Scientists are looking for women willing to eat chocolate every day for a year -- all in the name of medical science.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090723/wl ... lthoffbeat
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 24, 2009
LOL, I think there will be blood on the streets of old London town before that post is filled. :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 24, 2009
uaekid wrote:dam if it was an expat instead of the emirate woman I would've seen a lecture from each of you ,you ... you .... you....aahh what’s the point :roll:

Hey Kid that sounds more like an admission, lot less a complaint.

Liposuction's are fairly risky surgeries though and I believe most hospitals make that patient sign some kinda statement acknowledging that risk.

One again Gulf News has left too much to the imagination. How can a cleaner practice medicine???
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 24, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:

Liposuction's are fairly risky surgeries though and I believe most hospitals make that patient sign some kinda statement acknowledging that risk.

One again Gulf News has left too much to the imagination. How can a cleaner practice medicine???

For the backwards thinking individuals out there, its not hard to do that:

Just let a cleaner touch a set of surgical tools without a cloth to clean it and you have a situation where the cleaner supposedly 'practise medicine'.

Backwards thinking. Not uncommon when thinking in boxes... ;)
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 24, 2009
Yea but how would a cleaner have access to an OT, and isn't sterilization an automated process?
A cleaner I guess should only be collecting used surgical tools?

But yea ur guess sounds closest to reality!

And I've yet to ascertain why the surgeon was held responsible, so much so that he be imprisoned.
If this was indeed an overdose of anesthesia, then isn't it the anesthetists fault entirely?
Secondly from experience I know that surgeons only are tasked with operating a patient, and if everything seems alright they leave and and probably meet the patient later. Once a surgery is performed it's over and another set of doctors takes over...

I wonder why GN publishes such haphazard articles where absolutely nothing is clear.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 24, 2009
^^^Re:

The doc asked the cleaner to participate due to shortage of staff. Maybe tried to save the cost of bringing in one more nurse.
Metaphor79
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 24, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:Yea but how would a cleaner have access to an OT, and isn't sterilization a mechanical process?
A cleaner I guess should only be collecting used surgical tools?

But yea ur guess sounds closest to reality!

Well they better be using automated sterilization, or I'll never visit a hospital again :lol:

My point is, that some people just stick a label to something without knowing the actual cause or situation. They just think in boxes too much.

"O if this happens, then this must have happened also"...righttt

So it needs a good investigation from a set of unbiased professionals with 20+ years experience. That would show the real issue.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 24, 2009
This is a very tragic episode that has obviously not been properly reported, the main thing we have to realise is that a fellow human being has lost her life, and for that we should show some decency and respect.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jul 25, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:

MCL, for ANY kind mf surgery you have to sgn a consent form sayig you understand the risks involved, not just for lipo! As I said before the anaesthetic is the most risky thing, as there is no way to tell if someone will have a reaction to it until it's used.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat