Idiots On The Road

Topic locked
idiots on the road Mar 03, 2010
keep posting with pics and info.

gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Re: idiots on the road Mar 03, 2010
gafoorgk wrote:keep posting with pics and info.

Is that the best you could do, I saw many worst examples of parking during my recent visit to the US.
Mind you this guy needs to get his act together before the Police get him, Dhs6,800.00 in unpaid fines dating back to 06-02-2007, which also indicates that he is not registered or insured.

http://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/dp/englis ... isEng=true
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:Is that the best you could do, I saw many worst examples of parking during my recent visit to the US.
Mind you this guy needs to get his act together before the Police get him, Dhs6,800.00 in unpaid fines dating back to 06-02-2007, which also indicates that he is not registered or insured.

http://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/dp/englis ... isEng=true

dude, just post what U c in your daily life in DUBAI. btw, it's good that u digged out more info. these kind of idiots really irritate others. defame them here though it's not much.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

please guyz.............. when u quote others' comments, take out any image urls to keep the thread clean. it helps reading very much.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

double post
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:double post

point the old one. search is very basic here.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Re: idiots on the road Mar 04, 2010
Man I don't even notice such small things anymore. Like sage said is that the best you can do LOL !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

desertdudeshj wrote:Man I don't even notice such small things anymore. Like sage said is that the best you can do LOL !

dude, as i made clear, it may be ignored and it may not be the worst. but these kind of idiots certainly are irritating others on the road. bring what u c in ur daily life and stop wondering on the quality or the extent.

consider u r driving at 120 and someone changes lane ahead of u without giving signal or giving signal just as he changes lane. it happened just far enough to avoid a hit and quick enough to catch u by surprise and break ur flow. what would be ur reaction there ?!

i hope u r not going to answer saying i posted slightly displaced parking and this is completely another issue......... please.
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

I do the death race 2000 4 times a day ( Abu-Dxb highway ) and after a while you get desentised to such small nuances when you you see carnage and have those "near misses "on a daily basis. Its only a matter of time before I myself land up wraped around a light pole because some idiot clipped me at 180.

Even the radars are homosexual and have a speed limit of 160kph and 9kms apart so that a lot of space for someone to test how far the needle goes down to the right, specially when your starting from 160 in the first place. On unaccountable occasions I've seen cars that must be going a well over 200 kph. Even at 110-120 feels like your standing still !

Even your second example is tame, compared to the daily happenings on the death race circuit.

Welcome to the Thunder Drome !
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: idiots on the road Mar 05, 2010
desertdudeshj wrote:I do the death race 2000 4 times a day ( Abu-Dxb highway ) and after a while you get desentised to such small nuances when you you see carnage and have those "near misses "on a daily basis. Its only a matter of time before I myself land up wraped around a light pole because some idiot clipped me at 180.

Even the radars are homosexual and have a speed limit of 160kph and 9kms apart so that a lot of space for someone to test how far the needle goes down to the right, specially when your starting from 160 in the first place. On unaccountable occasions I've seen cars that must be going a well over 200 kph. Even at 110-120 feels like your standing still !

Even your second example is tame, compared to the daily happenings on the death race circuit.

Welcome to the Thunder Drome !

?!!!!

u r losing the track. :)
gafoorgk
Dubai forums Addict

Re: idiots on the road Mar 05, 2010
To face the most dangerous drive in DXB-AUH, try returning from Dubai at 10pm on a Saturday. 80% of the drivers are trying to go home in time to have a proper sleep before work on Sunday, and they are mostly AUH residents returning from Dubai/Northern Emirates. You will see plenty of cases of 4 cars within 8 m of each other and all doing 160 on the fast lane. To add to the fun, some cars will be coasting at 100 km on the 3rd lane.
BlackburnRovers
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: idiots on the road Mar 06, 2010
Hey Mr. Garfunkle aka gafoorgk, keep posting pics man and I'm sure others will follow suit.
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Idiots On The Road Apr 30, 2011
Oh this is GOLD , loving the twists n turns on this topic ... who needs TV when u can sit back and read this stuff.. truly well done my young apprentices..... oh and if ur not young like me :-( , then treat it as a compliment lol

Yeah its def the WILD WEST on the UAE roads .... oh talking about roads, black top ect .. love the roads, yep both of them, out to LIWA , frikken dead straight and not for the easily distracted types.....or faint hearted... utterly brilliant. So is that bit of road up to Al Ain only mountain .. nice , very nice.... LMAO @ the clowns who use the look out at the top for their personally skid pan, burn out area .. what a mess of donuts rings.....

and finally lovin the comment " Mr. Garfunkle aka gafoorgk " mate that's cracking me up .... maybe i am just easily amused 2nite.

** yah 4 typo's ** lol
Marty
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Idiots On The Road May 05, 2011
"Am I driving safely? If not please call xxxxxxxx"

Anyone ever tried calling the number?

I tried once (I was a passenger) - It was a 050-number - and the driver answered the phone himself - driving and talking (not handsfree) :-)
dubaipetfood
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat