How To Grow Beautiful Flowers

Topic locked
How to grow beautiful flowers Oct 20, 2012
You dig a small hole in the ground, place a bulb in it. Sunshine and rain do the rest. Months later you have beautiful flowers. :-)

FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: How To Grow Beautiful Flowers Oct 20, 2012
What a coincidence!
My part of England is know for its abundance of daffodils.

As William Wordsworth said....'I wandered lonely as a cloud blah blah, and there i saw a host of golden daffodils. Or something like that anyway.

There is a castle not far from my house called Lowther Castle. It's a beautiful building within the grounds of Lowther Park which used to hold the horse driving trials of which the Duke of Edinburgh was so fond. Today they had a plantathon and people turned up, aged between 2 and 82 to plant some bulbs outside the castle. They planted 100,000 bulbs in 2 hours between them which will go into the Guiness Book of Records, I'm told.

If I'm still here next spring (DF that is) I will post a picture of the flowers!
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: How To Grow Beautiful Flowers Oct 20, 2012
After a Google search, you must live close to King Arthurs round table!
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Re: How To Grow Beautiful Flowers Oct 21, 2012
FlyingDutchman wrote:After a Google search, you must live close to King Arthurs round table!

Yes, I do. I drive past it every morning on my way to work. There's usually a couple of tourists holding their map upside down standing right on it, eyeing the cattle up, who live in the field, nervously.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Looking forward to your flower pics :-).
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

Well on the subject of flowers http://www.ehow.com/how_8775737_color-dye-roses.html

This was done way back , when I was in highschool as an experiment , Simple way of getting different colored flowers, although having an artistic sense does help in making the right color for the flowers to take on. I did this successfuly on Daisies.

One chap I knew try to make a hybrid between a Venus FlyTrap and a rose (incision graft) , sadly the thing didnt grow :(
zubbber
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

zubbber , Different colour daisies? Nooooo, they should be white and yellow!

--- Oct 21, 2012 ---

FlyingDutchman wrote:Looking forward to your flower pics .

Start with this one FD. This is Lowther Castle. Unoccupied since 1942 and just a shell, it sits in 3000 acres of land. Soon to be surrouned with daffodils!

Lowther Castle.jpg
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

That is a beautiful castle! I love the English country side with the small roads. Driving is a little bit awkward for me, but as long as I donot have to shift gears with my left hand, I am ok. Cannot wait for a pic with the yellow flowers. If you have a garden, maybe you can try tulips. You variate with colors. Seeing the pic makes me want to go to England again. December I am going again to London. but again I forgot to check for a Premier Leuague match. I am staying a 10 minutes walk from the Fulham stadium, but always forget to check. The Chelsea stadium is also not so far away I believe, maybe a Chelsea game, seeing the European Champions play! I might also go for Spring. Talking about foottie, I was a little bit hoping Mario was doing reconaissance this weekend for Amsterdam. Tickets are already 300 Euro's, which is too much for me. I didnot spot Mario, but notified releveant people. I am hoping for a compromising pic. I am not much hopeful, but you never know :-).
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

300 Euros FD? Is banana Turpin playing? That's highway robbery! Gone are the days when a dad could take his kids to all the home matches.
There has just been a report by the FA on the prices at grounds. City is the dearest for tea and a pie. Thank The Lord I don't drink tea!

I will keep my fingers crossed for a Premiership match for you, I think I remember you saying you'd never made it to one.

As for my garden, yes, I do have a patch. I have tulips in the spring, all shapes and sizes. I like the small ones as they don't give up and fall over quite so quickly. The spring here is very colourful!

I don't expect we can teach the Dutch anything about flowers though. 8)
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: How to grow beautiful flowers Apr 02, 2013
How much in a little moment you grew a flower...lol
adan11
Dubai Forums Member

Re: How to grow beautiful flowers Apr 13, 2013
You can get good advises from Garden center in sheik syed road.
Gareth27
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat