Hope To Filipinos!!

Topic locked
Hope to Filipinos!! Apr 12, 2009
Each unemployed worker who returns home receives dhs1,000 and is allowed to borrow dhs5,000 to start a new business. “More than 3,000 workers have returned to the Philippines due to the global recession recently. Many of them have returned from Taiwan while others have come back from Gulf countries, but especially Dubai. They were employed in the construction sector,” he said.

News here

Thats so nice of Him!!

vera.chandler
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Apr 12, 2009
The Philippines Government do care about their overseas workers, despite the massive economic and social problems at home. It's a pity the Indian/Pakistani/Bangla governments don't.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 12, 2009
Speedhump wrote:The Philippines Government do care about their overseas workers, despite the massive economic and social problems at home. It's a pity the Indian/Pakistani/Bangla governments don't.

Do you really believe that, many people are put off from employing labour from the Philippines due to the corrupt practices.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 12, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Speedhump wrote:The Philippines Government do care about their overseas workers, despite the massive economic and social problems at home. It's a pity the Indian/Pakistani/Bangla governments don't.

Do you really believe that, many people are put off from employing labour from the Philippines due to the corrupt practices.

Well there is more protection for the housemaids/nannies that come to Dubai. It is the only country that has set down minimum wages (and I believe the highest wages for that category) and other requirements that must be met by sponsors.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 12, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

Well there is more protection for the housemaids/nannies that come to Dubai. It is the only country that has set down minimum wages (and I believe the highest wages for that category) and other requirements that must be met by sponsors.

And how do they enforce it?, come on, I have been here a long time and seen many examples of abuse. The Phil. Govt. has now made it very difficult to employ direct from the Country, this is why you have so many 1000's here on visit visas.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 12, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

And how do they enforce it?, come on, I have been here a long time and seen many examples of abuse. The Phil. Govt. has now made it very difficult to employ direct from the Country, this is why you have so many 1000's here on visit visas.

I too have been here a long time (total of 12 years) and there is less abuse today than in the past. Yes, there is still abuse, but certainly alot less. I can only speak from my experience with the people I know (all expats and 2 local families) who employ Phillipinos and can say they are treated very, very well.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Apr 12, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

I too have been here a long time (total of 12 years) and there is less abuse today than in the past. Yes, there is still abuse, but certainly alot less. I can only speak from my experience with the people I know (all expats and 2 local families) who employ Phillipinos and can say they are treated very, very well.

We used to employ, however it has become so difficult because of the corruption etc., we are better off going for another nationality.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 12, 2009
sage & onion wrote:We used to employ, however it has become so difficult because of the corruption etc., we are better off going for another nationality.

Could you elaborate?
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 12, 2009

There was an article I read about South Indian governments doing something for the expat population as majority of them are from there. The Indian government on the whole has just turned a blind eye for some reason. I guess I might start the age old fight of splitting India into 3 parts. South India (comprising of 8 states), East India (7 states) and then the rest of the country.

I read on another blog that South Indians have always cried foul as their state is hardly developed and money always centers around North Indian states that continue to progress. I was amazed to see the North India vs South India and the world always thought it was India and Pakistan going after each other.

Also was amazed at the diversity in the looks, levels of income, culture, language, style of living, etc.

As for Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Nepal they seem to be represented by shaky governments and thus impacting their citizens here.

I am surprised why chinese are not here, but having visited them, realised that most of them go through the same hell in their own countries.
worldguy
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 12, 2009
The Filipino government needs to care bout their expat workers. Since the GNP of Phillipines is way higher then their GDP! Besides promoting entrepreneuship, would be a good ploy to kickstart consumerism in the economy. Philipinnes survives because of their expat population.

The same cannot be said about India.....
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 12, 2009
Because the Philippines are professional about providing a labour force for the world, they train them at home to go out and work overseas (and on the seas, there are a huge number of Filipino seamen working worldwide).
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 12, 2009
worldguy wrote:I am surprised why chinese are not here, but having visited them, realised that most of them go through the same hell in their own countries.

Interesting! I'd like to know more...
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 12, 2009
'duplicated post' :?
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Hope to Filipinos!! Apr 12, 2009
vera.chandler wrote:Each unemployed worker who returns home receives dhs1,000 and is allowed to borrow dhs5,000 to start a new business. “More than 3,000 workers have returned to the Philippines due to the global recession recently. Many of them have returned from Taiwan while others have come back from Gulf countries, but especially Dubai. They were employed in the construction sector,” he said.

News here

Thats so nice of Him!!

Hmm.. i heard in some news that the department who organize this program for lay offs ofw is already out of budget... :( so.. they already stop lending money. I hope atleast this is not entirely true.
septbaby031
Dubai Forum User

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat