Help DD Get Home To DXB

Topic locked
Help DD get home to DXB Feb 07, 2011
Seeing as everyone is so busy at work today given the pace of the fighting...I would appreciate some sincere help. I need to get from Manila back to DXB. I want to leave Manila on Feb 11, any time really. EK is charging 700 bucks ONE WAY! (was 300 to get here). Does anyone know any secret/charter airlines or indirect methods? I would not be hurt if I needed to stay in Singapore or Bangkok for a day or two on the trip. I see Tiger Air flies to Singapore for about USD 50$, but then the EK flight is a scam.

This is a serious request. I can use Expedia, Travelocity, EK website, etc. so don't sweat that. Just curious if anyone had any tips. In exchange, i can tell you how to get to Purgatory for AED 150.

dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Re: Help DD get home to DXB Feb 07, 2011
dubaidog wrote:. EK is charging 700 bucks ONE WAY!

As in US$ ?
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

Re: Help DD Get Home To DXB Feb 07, 2011
No luck mate, called up a buddy who works for ticketing in Dnata and cheapest he could come up with was 1700 dhs Manila, Ganzhou, Dxb on Southern China Airways ! :shock:

Ofcourse I gave him crap for being totally useless when "I" was already getting EK for 700 dhs. So he boggled some more and came up with I think 1400 direct flight for Singapore Airlines.

So no dice, sorry mate.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oh wait ! Is it 700 USD or Dhs ?
desertdudeshj

Yes 700 USD from Manila to DXB. Flight leaves Manila 6ish PM arrives in DXB about 11PM. $700 USD!
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

DD, please don't fly Southern China airways! Pay the extra money and fly on a good airline.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

I called my bud, after the intial 1700 quote I got I really wasn't listening. So I called backed Ok so this is the deal now. Feb 11 Southern China Airlines via somecity in China ( Ghanzou ? ) overnight stay, next day connection to Dubai !

Singapore airlines on 11 Feb 50 dhs more via Singapore ( Say hi to K :D ) Leave Manila 6.30 pm after stopover in singapore reaches dubai next morning 4.00 am.

Your call ?
desertdudeshj

Re: Help DD get home to DXB Feb 07, 2011
Here is my suggestion: Just walk into a travel agency in Manila (there should be plenty) and ask them. There is a lot of traffic between Manila and DXB. If you fly on Sun or Mon you will probably get a better deal (as Sun is a workday in DXB).

Travel agencies sometimes get better deals thru "consolidators"...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat