HELP! - Abu Dhabi To Dubai

Topic locked
HELP! - Abu Dhabi to Dubai Mar 30, 2005
HI All, I need some help, I am arriving in Abu Dhabi on the 20th April at about 9.20pm and need to make my way down to Dubai.

Please can you advise me of any taxi or bus service that goes directly to Dubai. My only problem is that I have heard that the last bus goes at 9.30pm so I am going to miss this. Does anybody know of any good taxi service or can anybody recommend anything.

PLEEEEEEASE HELP ME!!!!! I was going to fly down but not only am I broke but theres no flights on that day either.

All help will be GREATLY appreciated...

Thanks
Zaheer

zaheer
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 30, 2005
Fatty Melon wrote:The second you leave the airport, there should be a shitload of cabs around.

Cheers Fatty, is this like all night, I just don't wanna be stuck in Abu Dhabi thats all.....can I like reserve something in advance????
zaheer
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 30, 2005
930pm...no worries. Tons of cabs.
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 30, 2005
abs wrote:930pm...no worries. Tons of cabs.

Will they take me to Dubai thogh coz its a bit of a trek isnt it? Also how much do you think they charge?

Cheers!
zaheer
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 30, 2005
Don't bring your broke ass down here, you're dragging are economy down!

kidding, enjoy your stay
Glory
Dubai forums Addict

Mar 30, 2005
Glory wrote:Don't bring your broke a#s down here, you're dragging are economy down!

kidding, enjoy your stay

lol...that was funny....well Ive been here before and am In love with Dubai, wanna move out here in about 2 years but just had thi awkward flight thingy.....thankx for the hospitality....

:D
zaheer
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 30, 2005
Fatty Melon wrote:Yar, they'll take you out the country if you want. Expect 15-20 pounds.

Fantastic, thats great thanx.....thats really lifted a burden off my shoulders..... :D

So in your opinion I will not need to boko anythign in advance? What are the taxis like? Is this like £15-20 to share? or the whole taxi like? Sorry for being such a newbie....last time I rented a car so didnt need all this..... :?
zaheer
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Mar 30, 2005
You can hop into anycab...just make sure they flag the meter. But sometimes they bring tourists on a longer route just to make a few more bucks.
If you want to be safe...you can look for a limousine cab. Yes..when I say limousine...its actually a normal sedan car that looks much like the usual cab..except they charge you a flat fare.
I tried one...from Sheraton Jumeirah (Dubai) all the way to the airport...80dhm flat fare. The meter will display 80dhm all the way.
They will only charge you the displayed price with no additionals.

Hope this help.
But yea...find a job first..then come.
abs
Dubai forums Addict

.. Mar 31, 2005
There is a camel caravan that starts at Abu Dhabi airport at about 10.30 pm. Very cheap... only $1. Save your money for the hooker.
sa4877
Dubai Forums Talker

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat