Hasta La Vista Hard Rock Cafe

Topic locked
Hasta La Vista Hard Rock Cafe Mar 18, 2008
Word on the street is the Hard Rock is going to be levelled for a new development.

Personally, I think it's a good thing.

^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 18, 2008
its in a really odd position and stands out really strange either way... its hell out of place where it is, im sure it could benifit from going elsewhere
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 18, 2008
Not one month ago I submitted a quote for an entertainment system renovation?!?!? Although a wrecking ball is cheaper.
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Mar 18, 2008
Are you guys kidding me! The Hard Rock has been there for 11 years! That place has been in that area longer than any other building, it used to be the only building in that area. We all used to think the guy who owned it was crazy as it was soooo far away from everything else.

I love the HR. Aparently they're talking about building a replacement in another location.

I don't want it to go.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Mar 18, 2008
We usually end up there at least once a week. Thought the last band was better than the current, but give them time, right? This HR pales in comparison to some others....could really use a facelift and an upgrade!
dubaidog
Dubai chat master

Mar 18, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Are you guys kidding me! The Hard Rock has been there for 11 years! That place has been in that area longer than any other building, it used to be the only building in that area.

None of this changes the fact it is a shit hole.
^ian^

Mar 18, 2008
It doesnt matter.. It stays or goes.. But if someone tried to do anything with York Intl or any from the Good old Bur Dubai side.. I'm sure there will be mass agitations.. Like the one after closing cyclone..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 19, 2008
I'm devastated. It was my 'local', drop in after work, have a few beers, grab a "counterie"... they have the best steak in town!!!
Anteater
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 19, 2008
Anteater wrote:I'm devastated. It was my 'local', drop in after work, have a few beers, grab a "counterie"... they have the best steak in town!!!

Plenty of better steaks - personally try Latino House at Al Marooj Rotana.

Also for a local up this end of town, the Radisson is the go, especially if you're in media or marketing.
^ian^

Mar 19, 2008
Thanks for the steak tips... but are they as cheap as the Hard Rock???

Oh and that dessert, the one with the chocolate, banana and peanut butter in it... this means that will go too!!! This is getting worse by the minute!!!
Anteater
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 19, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:It doesnt matter.. It stays or goes.. But if someone tried to do anything with York Intl or any from the Good old Bur Dubai side.. I'm sure there will be mass agitations.. Like the one after closing cyclone..

:shock: Dont dare thinking twice about it.......it will be a big incident if they ever plan anything about that place.... :lol:
reviewer
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 19, 2008
Anteater wrote:Thanks for the steak tips... but are they as cheap as the Hard Rock???

Hell no - you're looking at 150 - 200dhs. Anyway they did good burgers but so do other places. The band was loud, awful, so were the dancing floor shows.

Spinneys does a great steak at about 15dhs for an Aus or NZ rib eye
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 19, 2008
Hard rock cafe has also one of the best nachos in town !! sad to see it go. But it only makes sense the land there is worth millions. BTW its owned by bin sulayim the rally champion.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 19, 2008
Chocoholic wrote:Are you guys kidding me! The Hard Rock has been there for 11 years! That place has been in that area longer than any other building, it used to be the only building in that area.

it still stands out like a sore thumb
ebonics
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 19, 2008
MaaaD wrote:Hard rock cafe has also one of the best nachos in town !! sad to see it go. But it only makes sense the land there is worth millions. BTW its owned by bin sulayim the rally champion.

So he owns an alcohol joint, eh?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat