Happy 2013 DF.

Topic locked
Happy 2013 DF. Jan 02, 2013
After DFs very own Annus horribilis, I wish everyone well for this new year.

Happy New Year Dubai Forums from BM :drunken:

BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Happy 2013 DF. Jan 02, 2013
His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum
issued the following decree;

I have issued a decision today to rename "Emirates Road" to "Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed road". I wanted the first decision of 2013 to be related to a character associated with achievements. Emirates Rd is a vital artery that connects & unites the Emirates as my brother Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed who unites and defends the UAE
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

How wonderful! I think we should do the same in the UK. I'm tired of the M6 it's well boring. I think we should rename it 'David Beckham Drive'
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Congrats to Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed.

BMreformed wrote:How wonderful! I think we should do the same in the UK. I'm tired of the M6 it's well boring. I think we should rename it 'David Beckham Drive'

That is a great idea, very rarely streets and squares are named after football hero's. It should be done more.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

what a great start to the new year... :D ... Emirates Road is no more...!!
shaze
Dubai Forums Member

shaze wrote:what a great start to the new year... :D ... Emirates Road is no more...!!

Stats will now show that there were zero serious accidents on the Sheikh Mohammed Bin Zayed Road last year. One more feather in the cap or should I say, the ghutra!
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Happy New Year.

Umm, isn't there a prominent Sheik Zayed road in Dubai already?
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

FlyingDutchman wrote:That is a great idea, very rarely streets and squares are named after football hero's. It should be done more.

United fans would like Victoria Square renamed Van Persie Place. I don't think City fans would be happy, seeing as it looks like he may be the obstacle in Citys path to retaining the Premiership title :evil:

--- Jan 02, 2013 ---

Ambassador wrote:Happy New Year.

Umm, isn't there a prominent Sheik Zayed road in Dubai already?

Thats a different Sheikh and a different road. They all do look the same though.
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

BMreformed wrote:United fans would like Victoria Square renamed Van Persie Place. I don't think City fans would be happy, seeing as it looks like he may be the obstacle in Citys path to retaining the Premiership title :evil:

Rooney Road, Beckingham Palace...just brain stroming...:-).

He had some great goals the last weeks and is of great value for United. Not only does he play for United, but he is also born in Rotterdam :( . Nonetheless I hope he keeps his form at least until Brasil 2014. On a personal level I have something against him though. He gives me the wrong vibes with this rape charge a few years back and his one time Heil Hitler cheering.
Talking about Dutch players for Man U. I once saw Edwin van de Sar with his son when flying, I put on a City shawl on my daughter. Unfortunately Edwin saw the danger and jumped away.
FlyingDutchman
Dubai forums Addict

FlyingDutchman wrote:On a personal level I have something against him though. He gives me the wrong vibes with this rape charge a few years back and his one time Heil Hitler cheering.

Oh. I'd never heard that one :(

FlyingDutchman wrote:Talking about Dutch players for Man U. I once saw Edwin van de Sar with his son when flying, I put on a City shawl on my daughter. Unfortunately Edwin saw the danger and jumped away.

Wise man :P
BMreformed
Dubai chat master

Re: Happy 2013 DF. Jan 03, 2013
Happy new year to all! :sunny: :sunny:
WhiteJade
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Happy 2013 DF. Jan 03, 2013
........I wanted the first decision of 2013 to be related to a character associated with achievements......
I think that will be the most wonderful act to start off a New Year with! I have a feeling we are going to have a wonderful 2013! We are not about to fall off the cliff....YAAAYYY! :P
Happy New Year !!!
FF2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Happy 2013 DF. Jan 24, 2013
Thank you so much same to you
dubbaycos
Dubai Forum User

Re: Happy 2013 DF. Mar 06, 2013
You too.
adan11
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Happy 2013 DF. Mar 12, 2013