Hairdressers In Dubai..mission Impossible???

Topic locked
Hairdressers in Dubai..mission impossible??? Sep 30, 2006
Hello 2 u all,

first of all Ramadan kareem!

:-)

I am sitting with scarf on my head, just got from hair dresser and my blonde hair is now grey/ash?silver coloured. And I feel desperate.

Is it so hard to find good hair dresser here?? I mean , I went to Franck Provost, which is one of the best salons in Europe - Toni&Guy, Jacques Dessange range i got ruined by Philippino "stylist".
Don't need to mention that I waited hour till someone started actually doing something with my hair and I don't have time to waste and then I was in hands of clumsy hair dresser, who was constantly spitting colour on me, and after washing my hair I was completely wet. When I saw my "highlights" I was about to cry. I told them that I won't pay them a single penny and that I want to come tomorrow again.

Luckily, manager called me and I arranged appointment with another manager hair professionalist for tomorrow.
Still my hair is ruined, I lost 4 hours on basically NOTHING just ruining my hair... It was a complete torchure!!

I mean Franck Provost has to meet standard and be like every Franck Provost in the world. At least it has to have educated staff that knows what is doing and have skills and manners. After all, it costs a little fortune!!

Sorry guys ,I just felt like I need to write this to feel at least a bit better.

;-)

Laydee
Dubai Forum User

Sep 30, 2006
so u do marketing for Franck Provost ?
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 30, 2006
Laydee,
Hi there! Sounds like you are having a terrible time with your hair and hairdressers!!! I have been to 3 in Dubai. They are all good, I was just trying to find somone fairly close to the villa to go to. Recently, I went to a young lady from London that was very good. She was with Roots Salon between MOE and Meadows area. Her name is Mandy and is very good. She did 3 colors on me w/foil, and a haircut. Her number is 04 347 3332.

Went to another one at a salon in the same shopping center as the big Spinney's on AlWasl road. Hairworks is the name of the salon. Claire was the one that gave me some great color and haircut also. Just wanted someone closer. She is darling, and is from London also.

Heard about another salon that is supposed to be really good. Everyone is ranting about it and is called Jenn's off of SZR. They are a full service salon and do everything. You might check into them also.

Good luck, let us know how your hair turns out...
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 30, 2006
WHAHAHAHAHAAHHA

reminds of the time my ex wanted to dye her hair blonde ,,, so i got her a blonding kit,, unfortunately her hair tured into white , yellow , orange , blonde etc etc

i used to point at her and laugh my head off
calling her " skittles "

crazy women and dyeing their hair!
nismo
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 30, 2006
Tnx dubai girl! Any advice is appreciated!

And nismo, you got her a blonding kit and I went to some supposed to be fancy hairdresser..grrrrrrrrrr

And I am already blonde...well...I was few hours ago.

Now I look like an old sophisticated lady - better say grandma.

Bingo anyone??
Laydee
Dubai Forum User

Sep 30, 2006
Laydee wrote:Tnx dubai girl! Any advice is appreciated!

And nismo, you got her a blonding kit and I went to some supposed to be fancy hairdresser..grrrrrrrrrr

And I am already blonde...well...I was few hours ago.

Now I look like an old sophisticated lady - better say grandma.

Bingo anyone??
\

there is a good haridresser saloon under my building , its in ShArGAHHH however...
lots of super smoking hot chicks go there
i nearly crashed my car into the shop a few times lol

if you are intrested ill pm you the info

but.. redying your hair may damage it

you should cause shit for the saloon that turned you into grandma

get them to make the curtains match the carpet
nismo
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 30, 2006
Hehe we'll I hope everyhting will work out good tomorrow!

I think they didn't burn it, just coloured it. That's strange cause highlights have to be made with bleach/hydrogen..

hmmm :?:
Laydee
Dubai Forum User

Sep 30, 2006
Laydee wrote:Hehe we'll I hope everyhting will work out good tomorrow!

I think they didn't burn it, just coloured it. That's strange cause highlights have to be made with bleach/hydrogen..

hmmm :?:

yep bleach , its good to inhale and get you high

people use the bleach in hair dye to make plastic explosive
:twisted:

just make sure you dont light a cigerrate when they are bleaching your hair , you could set your head on fire
LOL
nismo
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 30, 2006
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Laydee
Dubai Forum User

Sep 30, 2006
Laydee wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

you can come to me after your done , id like to pull it abit and test the strenght of it ;-) :twisted:

nismo
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Hairdressers in Dubai..mission impossible??? Oct 01, 2006
Laydee wrote:Hello 2 u all,

first of all Ramadan kareem!

:-)

I am sitting with scarf on my head, just got from hair dresser and my blonde hair is now grey/ash?silver coloured. And I feel desperate.

Is it so hard to find good hair dresser here?? I mean , I went to Franck Provost, which is one of the best salons in Europe - Toni&Guy, Jacques Dessange range i got ruined by Philippino "stylist".
Don't need to mention that I waited hour till someone started actually doing something with my hair and I don't have time to waste and then I was in hands of clumsy hair dresser, who was constantly spitting colour on me, and after washing my hair I was completely wet. When I saw my "highlights" I was about to cry. I told them that I won't pay them a single penny and that I want to come tomorrow again.

Luckily, manager called me and I arranged appointment with another manager hair professionalist for tomorrow.
Still my hair is ruined, I lost 4 hours on basically NOTHING just ruining my hair... It was a complete torchure!!

I mean Franck Provost has to meet standard and be like every Franck Provost in the world. At least it has to have educated staff that knows what is doing and have skills and manners. After all, it costs a little fortune!!

Sorry guys ,I just felt like I need to write this to feel at least a bit better.

;-)

Wowww I am really dissappointed to hear that...I have heard such amazing things about that salon.......I am sorry for your bad experience! There's a place in Marina next to AfricanEastern that I have heard ppl say is good...but I'm not sure and wouldn't want you to have a bad experience again lol

PS Phillipinos can be good hairstylists too! :D
noni
Dubai chat master

Oct 01, 2006
xibit wrote:so u do marketing for Franck Provost ?

you idiot did you even read the post ?

Laydee i am sorry for this stressful expereince may your hair get fixed ASAP. Meanwhile you can pretend to be observing Ramadan with a hijab :lol:
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 01, 2006
MaaaD wrote:
xibit wrote:so u do marketing for Franck Provost ?

Laydee i am sorry for this stressful expereince may your hair get fixed ASAP. Meanwhile you can pretend to be observing Ramadan with a hijab :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, when in Rome do what Romans do...hehe
Laydee
Dubai Forum User

Oct 01, 2006
Oh Laydee, I feel for you... It's terrible. You should really be careful going to a hairdresser in Dubai. Last time I had a cellophane, aww, they ruined my hairl. Never I came back to that salon.

Anyhow, I have tried two other salons and so far Im enjoying their services. Issam in Movenpick Hotel in Bur Dubai (Tel: 04-3366000) is good. Bilal La Salon in Jumeirah (Tel: 04-3462246) is also recommendable.

Good luck.
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 01, 2006
POST SOME PIC ONCE YOU ARE DONE :-)
nismo
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 01, 2006
well . i am blonde too-Not naturally- but i will never do my hair here NEVER they suck plus they are expensive ..so i go to a saloon in lebanon every 3 month i visit my parents and my hair :)
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 01, 2006
Sadly many of the supposed top salons have only the name in common with the big branded salons, and nothing more. Take Toni & Guy, heard nothing but disasters from them.

If you want a really nice lady, check out Pastels salon on Wasl Road and ask for a lady called CJ, she's really good with colour.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 01, 2006
So..I went today and girl that is manager who was doing my hair was really great and did great job!!
My hair is back ;-) and I am very satisfied!

Of course she didn't charge me anything...

so, my story has a happy end after all...

;-)
Laydee
Dubai Forum User

Oct 01, 2006
I really feel for you guys/gals, I have to tell you, I have the best hairdresser in the world, her number is, nah your not getting it.

Her name is Mrs. S & O, when she has those clippers moving its like the best music playing (DK eat your heart out man) :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 24, 2009
Hi ladies, I found amaizing new Salon in the heart of Jumeira, Heavin did the best highlights and cut ever. I am so happy, finaly I found beautiful place, professional and friendly staff in one. call them 342 8040
carolina
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Aug 25, 2009
sage & onion wrote:I really feel for you guys/gals, I have to tell you, I have the best hairdresser in the world, her number is, nah your not getting it.

Her name is Mrs. S & O, when she has those clippers moving its like the best music playing (DK eat your heart out man) :lol: :lol:

I thought you are a man :shock: , what a forum :roll:
catalyst
Dubai chat master

Aug 25, 2009
catalyst wrote:
sage & onion wrote:I really feel for you guys/gals, I have to tell you, I have the best hairdresser in the world, her number is, nah your not getting it.

He was referring to his wife Catalyst. :lol:
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 25, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
catalyst wrote:

... Oh , sorry .. That makes sense .. :wink:
catalyst
Dubai chat master

Aug 25, 2009
catalyst wrote:
catalyst wrote:

Not if he is a shemale :D

Confused now?
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Aug 25, 2009
Jotun paints have several stores around the UAE. Just go dip your head in a tin! ;-) have fun
qdabdul
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Aug 25, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
catalyst wrote:
catalyst wrote:

Confused now?

just watch your words , ok :roll:
catalyst
Dubai chat master

Aug 25, 2009
qdabdul wrote:Jotun paints have several stores around the UAE. Just go dip your head in a tin! ;-) have fun

good one :wink:
catalyst
Dubai chat master

Aug 25, 2009
carolina wrote:Hi ladies, I found amaizing new Salon in the heart of Jumeira, Heavin did the best highlights and cut ever. I am so happy, finaly I found beautiful place, professional and friendly staff in one. call them 342 8040

Righto -you wouldn't happen to work for that particular salon would you? Seeing as the original thread is 3 years old!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 25, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
catalyst wrote:
catalyst wrote:

Confused now?

Only you could be confused by such a stupid statement
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Aug 25, 2009
sage & onion wrote:
RobbyG wrote:
catalyst wrote:
catalyst wrote:

Confused now?

Only you could be confused by such a stupid statement

Haha, glad you see the irony ;) Keep laughing Sage.
RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat