Give Some Advice

Topic locked
give some advice May 12, 2009
Hi every body,

I want to know about the solution of my confusion, recently I visited the UAE on visit visa, and search the job. Before 15 days when my visa will expiring I got a job and I worked there as a trainee for some days, but unfortunatly the company is not change my visit visa to employment visa due to short time of my visa validity. The company said to me I want to leave the UAE on or before the expiry of my visa date, and after that they will send a new employment visa to me on my address for re-entering the UAE. They are also given a appointment letter to me. I am confused what to do if they can't send visa. Please give some advice to me. How many days will take for getting a employment visa.

thanking you
mas

mas
Dubai Forum Guest

May 12, 2009
They will fax you the visa copy. Your visa will be stored with the immigration at the airport. Thus when you enter UAE you collect your visa.
You got the appointment letter as well so you've got the job. Leave the UAE before your visit visa expires, let the company process all formalities, while you sit tight and wait for you visa to arrive.
As to how long it takes for the employment visa? I don't know, but it shouldn't take more than a month.
Congrats!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 12, 2009
Don't worry. Its UAE rule and your company is right. The same case happened me :) . If you have trust on the company and the company want you in real. SO than no need to worry. They will fax you and the process can take one month.
Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

May 12, 2009
Nice to see those knowledgeable and helpful responses. This seems like a very civil forum - I like it!
Tim Patterson
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 12, 2009
Good work on getting a job. Any more vacancies over there? ;-)

Some companies allow you to work on a visit visa, but it is illegal and they (and you?) can be fined for it. My company didn't seem to mind and many people worked for up to 3 months on visa visa's before their visa's were finished.

One colleague's visa took only 11 days to process, while mine took 3 months so either there were problems with my HR department or the process can vary greatly in time.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat