Get Attacked In Dubai !!! What Will You Do??

Topic locked
Get attacked in Dubai !!! What will you do?? Oct 26, 2008
I went to Umm Al Quwain with couple of freinds for fishing around 22:00pm Last Friday. While we drove through a residencal area(among the villas) along the main road, some local young fellows wandering around started to attack us by throwing stones on our cars for no reason.

It was dark and I was frightened. I am not the violence type guy. And I feel difficult to talk or argue with them, since they probably don't speak English. So we didn't stop and we left the scene.

We also didn't call the police, because we cannot tell the specific location, and we don't have the time. I was told, dealing with local police will be a big time consuming thing. You got to wait at the scene, and wait longer time at the police station. And the police will always stand for local's benefit, not expats. Besides we don't have any evidence to prove we were attacked by them.

Anybody has such an experience?(hope not). What will you do if you were there?

yusen
Dubai Forum Visitor

Re: Get attacked in Dubai !!! What will you do?? Oct 26, 2008
yusen wrote:I went to Umm Al Quwain with couple of freinds for fishing around 22:00pm Last Friday. While we drove through a residencal area(among the villas) along the main road, some local young fellows wandering around started to attack us by throwing stones on our cars for no reason.

It was dark and I was frightened. I am not the violence type guy. And I feel difficult to talk or argue with them, since they probably don't speak English. So we didn't stop and we left the scene.

We also didn't call the police, because we cannot tell the specific location, and we don't have the time. I was told, dealing with local police will be a big time consuming thing. You got to wait at the scene, and wait longer time at the police station. And the police will always stand for local's benefit, not expats. Besides we don't have any evidence to prove we were attacked by them.

Anybody has such an experience?(hope not). What will you do if you were there?

Any dents in your car?
I would still report it to the police, they don't take kindly to youths misbehaving.

:( :( :(

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dubai Knight wrote:Any dents in your car?
I would still report it to the police, they don't take kindly to youths misbehaving.

Knight

Yes, Two dents in the car. Anyway, I don't speak Arabic, cannot give specific location and cannot tell who threw the stones, no evidence. All makes it difficult to raise a case.
yusen
Dubai Forum Visitor

yusen wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Any dents in your car?

Knight

Yes, Two dents in the car. Anyway, I don't speak Arabic, cannot give specific location and cannot tell who threw the stones, no evidence. All makes it difficult to raise a case.

They speak English in UAQ police station. You just need to let them know there was an incident, not file a case. They will then keep a closer eye on things. Just give them a vague idea of the area where it happened.

I know the guys up there, they are keen to keep UAQ a friendly place.

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 27, 2008
take the time and go to the police. that might have happened to other people before, they might have records about that, and definitely, they will take this more serious if it happens to somebody again. seriously, somebody could have gotten killed by a stone on his head, so please go to the police and report it.
alexalexa
Dubai Forum User

Oct 29, 2008
you should have got out of your car and kick their balls up into their stomachs. alternatively you could just drive over them, reversing a couple of times for good measure. hope that helps
james c
Dubai Forum User

Oct 29, 2008
Dude... file a complaint. The cops are always looking out for leads. You may not be able to get your specific case redressed. But your complains will be recorded.

Cheers
DPS
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 29, 2008
as everyone suggests you report to the police... then the action will be taken by them....
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Oct 30, 2008
You should have gone strait to the police anyway. kids like that just end up getting worse in time and no one needs that.
sarah343
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 09, 2008
we always need to take decissions on the right time....if that time is lost ..our case will be lost.

if you reported direclty to the police ..am sure to death that they will be very helpful in such matters of behviors..

Next time do it right awy ..don't give it a second thought
Absou
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat