From Florence To Dubai...new Friends Are Welcome!

Topic locked
From Florence to Dubai...new friends are welcome! May 04, 2005
Hi, my name is david, just landed from Florence. Looking forward to get in touch with new friends and inputs on how is life in Dubai. Ciao e grazie!

david
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 04, 2005
NICE TO MEET YOU... enjoy your stay

Cheers
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

May 04, 2005
Hello David.

So are you going to live and work in Dubai? Any idea for how long?

Forever? :D
Bazooka
Dubai Forums Member

davide May 04, 2005
Sure I will enjoy my stay, thinking that it might be a good idea to get together and have a drink! Let me know. I am staying at VCrown Plaza these days.
david
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: davide May 05, 2005
this is a very nice idea from u, but I usually don't need to pay for that...what about u then? Where u from and what do u do here? Let's ask Gloria to join us some time and we will see.
Any plans for the wend? What usually people do here?
David
david
Dubai Expat Wannabe

david to Glory May 05, 2005
Glory ur friend looks like caring about u, isn'it?! Any lans for these days, any suggestion?!

David
david
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Female moving to Dubai May 22, 2005
I too am moving to Dubai. I have a written offer for my job and they are flying me out next weekend to see the place. I will have Friday and Saturday on my own to look around, then I will spend Sunday and Monday in the office to see if I like things.

I am a Western female with light eyes and long blonde hair, I have been to the Middle East but never worked there (and never to Dubai), the reason I bring this up is because I stand out like a sore thumb, and the attention intimidated me a bit. It wasn't negative attention but it was constant and made me a little uncomfortable.

I'm quite nervous because of the sometimes lack of respect for Western Women, but then again you get that wherever you go! And this is too big an opportunity to pass up. I'm never one to say "no" to an adventure.

I have worked in Europe for the past 8 years (Sweden, Norway, Holland, France, Ireland, Spain, etc), but have always been based in London. That is since I left the US in 1997. So although I have worked in many cultures, I am well aware this will be on another level.

Any recommendations for what I should do while I'm there for the four day weekend? I am coming out alone, and probably won't spend much time with the company until Sunday. I really need to look at some flats (the company are providing my accomodation but I want to see if I need to negotiate more money).

I will be coming to Dubai alone to live, does anyone see this as a problem? Is it true that you cannot live with a boyfriend if you are not married?

Kindest regards,

Barbs :shock:
    Barbs123
    Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 22, 2005
    Well rules exist to be broken. That being said, its illegal to live with a person of the opposite sex if you are not married.
    Liban
    Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: davide May 23, 2005
    david wrote:this is a very nice idea from u, but I usually don't need to pay for that...what about u then? Where u from and what do u do here? Let's ask Gloria to join us some time and we will see.
    Any plans for the wend? What usually people do here?
    David

hey david it's been quite a while. looking forward to meet u again, ANNOYING OLD MAN not ALLOWED! hehe :lol: :lol: :wink: :shock:
    sweet mary
    Dubai forums Addict

Re: From Florence to Dubai...new friends are welcome! Aug 02, 2005
    Hi David, I have sent you an email, ti fai sentire?

Italian girl.

Saluti!
    Italiana
    Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 02, 2005
    David,

I have sent you an email. Fatti sentire.

Italian lady
    Italiana
    Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 02, 2005
    Italiana wrote:David,

I have sent you an email. Fatti sentire.

Italian lady

hi Italiana ,, hi David ,, how is everybody ???????
    castellano
    Dubai forums Addict

Re: From Florence to Dubai...new friends are welcome! Aug 03, 2005
    david wrote:Hi, my name is david, just landed from Florence. Looking forward to get in touch with new friends and inputs on how is life in Dubai. Ciao e grazie!

hi !!! welcome to dubai forums !!!! enjoy your stay dude !!! and btw ... we have a new member's forum,.. you might want to check it out ....
    mAJOR pAIN
    Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat