Fresher Problem

Topic locked
fresher problem Oct 31, 2009
[/b]
in every field of work do u all think experience shud be valued first or dedication...
soon aftr the completion of education frm wer shud we freshers get experience wen evry one is behind work experience

wilfred
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 31, 2009
I have gone through that feeling...
i thought after graduation i wud get a job and had high hopes in dubai..
as I was knew I faced lot of problems in finding a good profile.
However after 3-4 months got a good job..
i feel company's should give an opportunity to freshers...
This is a major problem in dubai...
seems like seniors are insecured about their jobs would go if they hired freshers :wink:
prettygal
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: fresher problem Oct 31, 2009
wilfred wrote:[/b]
in every field of work do u all think experience shud be valued first or dedication...
soon aftr the completion of education frm wer shud we freshers get experience wen evry one is behind work experience

It's a tough World out there, you will be amazed how soon you will be able to look back and realize that you have got some experience.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: fresher problem Nov 01, 2009
wilfred wrote:[/b]

Well try typing proper sentences first and then take it from there.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 01, 2009
Nothing worse than a cv typed up in sms format, instantly forwarded to my junk box
Searcaigh
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 01, 2009
I don't even bother reading it. Pfffff kids these days can't even formulate proper words or sentences - shocking.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 01, 2009
Searcaigh wrote:Nothing worse than a cv typed up in sms format, instantly forwarded to my junk box

Are you serious?, CV's seriously prepared in SMS format!
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 01, 2009
Searcaigh wrote:Nothing worse than a cv typed up in sms format, instantly forwarded to my junk box

Yes - Employers don't have much time to read the lengthy one ;)
Anosh
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 01, 2009
CV's should be no longer than 2 A4 pages I reckon!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 01, 2009
sage & onion wrote:

Are you serious?, CV's seriously prepared in SMS format!

Not 100% but pretty close to it.

When I advertised for an assistant two and half years ago I received some appalling examples in what can only be described as sms format in places.

Considering I was asking for people who had very good experience in Microsoft Word, XL and PowerPoint I found it a bit bizzarre, not to mention the really colourful ones plus the cvs received for completely different job descriptions like chefs !!!!
Searcaigh
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 01, 2009
Chocoholic wrote:CV's should be no longer than 2 A4 pages I reckon!

It depends on the level of the position you are applying for. General principal is no longer than 2 pages, but there are exceptions. Certain professsionals, such as lawyers, list "deals" that they worked on. Other professions can list projects they worked on.

Executive level generally has an extensive profile following a CV. The CV would cover basics: education, Courses, achievements, goal. The profile to follow can run several pages.

Oh, yes, and if written in English, proper English is mandatory!!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Nov 03, 2009
funny thread

the topic is something and here people are discussing
about "how freshers should prepare their Cv's"

Even if the CV is not upto the mark, I believe its a Senior's responsibility to read the content and overlook the layout..
prettygal
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 03, 2009
prettygal wrote:funny thread

Even if the CV is not upto the mark, I believe its a Senior's responsibility to read the content and overlook the layout..

What use is it hiring someone who can't even type out a half-decent CV? There are exceptions (jobs that do not require language skills or coherent thinking) but the vast majority of jobs in Dubai would not be suited for someone who can't even produce a word document about him/herself!
dee7o
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 03, 2009

Your not serious are you?

If you want a job you have to prepare and get it right, how do you expect someone to do what you ask?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 04, 2009
It totally depends on the nature of job, there are some experts in fields that their expertise are so rare they don't even need to make a resume. Companies should chase them to hire them.

but for most of the jobs you need to work on ur resume and present urself properly.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 04, 2009
sage & onion wrote:

If you want a job you have to prepare and get it right, how do you expect someone to do what you ask?

I am serious, Its a senior's responsibility to train freshers..even if it is a CV..

I have had enough in Abu dhabi while searching a job..
It seems they overlook the actual content- education and experience and pay more attention on CV's.
prettygal
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 04, 2009
prettygal wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

I am serious, Its a senior's responsibility to train freshers..even if it is a CV..

It seems they overlook the actual content- education and experience and pay more attention on CV's.

Well then back to the subject again, prepare your CV properly and maybe someone will look at it.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 04, 2009
prettygal wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

I see logic in what you say. Recruiters here place too much emphasis on a CV. Grammatical errors are not at all acceptable, that apart I know of recruiters here who follow some format. And God forbid if ur CV format does not comply with theirs? Finito, they'll chuck ur CV in the bin.
When I say format I mean stuff like coulmns, borders, weather ur photo is on the left side or right hand side and such crap. No kidding!

Unfortunately those incarge of the screening and hiring process have very little idea of the process involved in the interviewing and consequent hiring of candidates. Very often people from the subcontinent on some kinda ego trip.
If companies in the UAE only hired deserving and capable candidates, the economy here would grow twice as fast!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 04, 2009
Difference between a fresher and a senior?
The senior does not need a CV, his business card speaks.
capsicum
BANNED

i loved your post Nov 05, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:
prettygal wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

I see logic in what you say. Recruiters here place too much emphasis on a CV. Grammatical errors are not at all acceptable, that apart I know of recruiters here who follow some format. And God forbid if ur CV format does not comply with theirs? Finito, they'll chuck ur CV in the bin.
When I say format I mean stuff like coulmns, borders, weather ur photo is on the left side or right hand side and such crap. No kidding!

Unfortunately those incarge of the screening and hiring process have very little idea of the process involved in the interviewing and consequent hiring of candidates. Very often people from the subcontinent on some kinda ego trip.
If companies in the UAE only hired deserving and capable candidates, the economy here would grow twice as fast!

i loved this post ,,especially the last line..
:D
prettygal
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: i loved your post Nov 07, 2009
prettygal wrote:
prettygal wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

:D Thanks!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: i loved your post Nov 07, 2009
prettygal wrote:
prettygal wrote:
sage & onion wrote:

:D Thanks!

Your welcome, lol
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat