For FOOK SAKE, Switch Ya Bloody Hazard Lights Off!

Topic locked
For FOOK SAKE, switch ya bloody hazard lights off! Sep 11, 2006
What is it with arsehole drivers who, when entering fog, switch on their damn hazard lights? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hazard lights are for when you have to make an emergency stop or you have broken down. Nearly every single car I know has something called a FOG LIGHT. It is generally located on the same stalk as your lights! YOU FOOKING IDIOTS!

Jesus, I am sick of this crap every time we get fog. Its bad enough that they put their hazards on, what makes it even worse is when they do between 140-180km/h with them on!

Also, how the hell do you expect peiople to know when you are going to turn left or right? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Do me and other drivers a favour, read your fooking manual, find out where the FOG light is and USE IT!

end of rant.

yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 11, 2006
just spill it all out Yorky - dont mince yer words

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 11, 2006
maybe they want to race with you :?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 11, 2006
Yeah Yorky,

Go for it

I totally agree with you man.

But you giving them advice as to where they can find the fog lights, man oh man, before coming to Dubai most of them fools could not find the car never mind the lights. :roll: :roll: :roll: I dont like to "Racial Profile", but these guys are almost exclusively from one race.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 11, 2006
sage & onion wrote:Yeah Yorky,

Go for it

But you giving them advice as to where they can find the fog lights, man oh man, before coming to Dubai most of them fools could not find the car never mind the lights. :roll: :roll: :roll: I dont like to "Racial Profile", but these guys are almost exclusively from one race.

oooohh, yes i agree. i had all my accidents with those guys :?

its funny too since before i came to dubai i never even scratched a car, let alone got in any accidents.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
when you guys wanna say something about indians just say it .. stop this politically correct crap "that race" ...
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
MaaaD wrote:when you guys wanna say something about indians just say it .. stop this politically correct crap "that race" ...

yeah their daddy is goona fix you
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
MaaaD wrote:when you guys wanna say something about indians just say it .. stop this politically correct crap "that race" ...

Thats funny :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2006

Some people might 'enjoy' political correctness Maaad.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: For FOOK SAKE, switch ya bloody hazard lights off! Sep 12, 2006
yorky500 wrote:Hazard lights are for when you have to make an emergency stop or you have broken down. Nearly every single car I know has something called a FOG LIGHT. It is generally located on the same stalk as your lights! YOU FOOKING IDIOTS!

Yorky, don't you know that foglights are used here for normal night time driving - yes, its okay to blind the fark outta people behind you.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
i sometimes give hazard lights to someone when they give me way.....kind of a thank you to them
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
Bleakus wrote:i sometimes give hazard lights to someone when they give me way.....kind of a thank you to them

They're hazard lights, not courtesy lights... ever heard of a 'wave'.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
Bleakus wrote:i sometimes give hazard lights to someone when they give me way.....kind of a thank you to them

They're hazard lights, not courtesy lights... ever heard of a 'wave'.

because im lazy...hehe....well if pretty hot outside and its nice and cold inside the car so...yeah

last time i waved for the person behind me, he thought i was giving him the finger......lol
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
Bleakus wrote:because im lazy...hehe....well if pretty hot outside and its nice and cold inside the car so...yeah

Tell that to the person behind you who hits their brakes thinking you're going to stop, cause of your laziness, and is rear ended as a result. This is the idiotic mentality that does not belong on the roads.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
Bleakus wrote:because im lazy...hehe....well if pretty hot outside and its nice and cold inside the car so...yeah

Tell that to the person behind you who hits their brakes thinking you're going to stop, cause of your laziness, and is rear ended as a result. This is the idiotic mentality that does not belong on the roads.

thats true, your right though, i shouldnt use the hazard light for that purpose
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
I'm still trying to figure out why people drive at night only with their parking lights.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 12, 2006
mraph33 wrote:I'm still trying to figure out why people drive at night only with their parking lights.

Same here, very dangerous for peeps who dunno much in crossing roads w/o pedestrian lane (like me! hehehe)
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 12, 2006
mraph33 wrote:I'm still trying to figure out why people drive at night only with their parking lights.

They think they are saving Gas.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2006

But for some people that means a very offensive term in Arabic! (Something ommak lol)
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 12, 2006
liverpool4ever wrote:

But for some people that means a very offensive term in Arabic! (Something ommak lol)

Flashing light means Im going ahead...you stop piece of sh!t! :lol:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 12, 2006
liverpool4ever wrote:

really? i wasnt aware of that.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
That is what people told me! I was surprised!

Anyway, it really does piss me off as well when people use their hazard lights in fog... I just put it on for 5 or so seconds then I turn it off but some people drive through the whole road with them on, changing lanes, etc.
liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 12, 2006
well i barely ever use them. i remember one time my cousin turned them on while we were driving because of the fog and i just switched them and told her to learn how to drive. i hate it when people feel the need to do something because everyone else does it.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
liverpool4ever wrote:

O rly! not for me, they take it as a thank you
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
I guess I've never wake up early enough to drive in the fog nor driving home late (normally when i get home late = pissed in a taxi).
FeiPo
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 12, 2006
FeiPo wrote:I guess I've never wake up early enough to drive in the fog nor driving home late (normally when i get home late = pissed in a taxi).

:shock: :shock: :shock:

you pissed in a taxi.....gross

:shock: :shock: :shock:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 12, 2006
Er guys, one think I'd like to point out is that have you actually stop to notice that the majority of imported cars here DON'T HAVE FOG LIGHTS!

This is why they use the hazard lights as otherwise you wouldn't see them at all. Granted it's a pain in the butt, but what else are you supposed to use? My Pajero doesn't have fog lights!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 12, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Er guys, one think I'd like to point out is that have you actually stop to notice that the majority of imported cars here DON'T HAVE FOG LIGHTS!

This is why they use the hazard lights as otherwise you wouldn't see them at all. Granted it's a pain in the butt, but what else are you supposed to use? My Pajero doesn't have fog lights!

Chocs,

Even so you shouldn't use the hazard lights, this is not the function, by using hazards you are indicating a problem, which under normal circumstances even in fog you do not have.
Also if you want to change lane or turn, your indicators do not work, so you then cause a hazard.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Er guys, one think I'd like to point out is that have you actually stop to notice that the majority of imported cars here DON'T HAVE FOG LIGHTS!

Chocs,

There are none that I am aware of, both in most Euro cars and Jap cars. I have two jap cars and both have Fog lights. Hell, one even has heated seats! :shock:
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 12, 2006
sage & onion wrote:Yeah Yorky,

Go for it

No?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat