Firearms In Dubai ?

Topic locked
Firearms in Dubai ? May 22, 2008
In USA my license allows me to carry a firearm withing the scope of my job, what are the rules and regulations regarding firearms... Are the personally ownable

I am a Private Investigation Agency (specializing in electronics) wanting to relocate my agency to Dubai, any suggestions..

spookservices.com
Dubai Forum Visitor

May 23, 2008
No guns for expats.......period. Locals can have them on some level but it's handled through the govt. They barely allow kids to have toy guns if that gives you a sense of the attitude.
billystyle
Dubai Forums Member

Jun 16, 2008
billystyle wrote:No guns for expats.......period. Locals can have them on some level but it's handled through the govt. They barely allow kids to have toy guns if that gives you a sense of the attitude.

Thats a good attitude to have, less guns in the world the better !! IMHO
W & C
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Jun 16, 2008
Guns are the worst invention ever, they should all be banned, everywhere period.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Firearms Jun 16, 2008
Do you actually believe that if we didnt have guns that it would keep people from killing each other. People would find more wonderful ways to kill each other. Once a person decides to kill they will find a way. Having guns gives the person that wants to kill what they call " a moment of pause". The gun is a tool and the person is the one that decides to kill. That same tool is also used to protect from the others that make a wrong decisions. I work in this field. Do you know how many crimes and killings that have been deturred because of the proper use of a gun (by police, security personel and properly licenced people)

The people that are for gun control need to see the statistics on what the Brady Ban did for America... The good people complied with the ban and crime went up... That ban was a total failure.
spookservices.com
Dubai Forum Visitor

Jun 25, 2008
Oh man, we got some tulsa redneck on our hands, bet you cried like a baby when ol charlton heston bit the bullet.
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Scott King your a Pratt Jul 01, 2008
If you believe that just as many people would have died in the world if guns had never been invented, then you are a Pratt.

Unfotunetely we cant stop the world from trying to kill each other but we can help them be less successful.

I wish we could put all you gun loving idiots in one place and close the door. Have fun.

I forgot you only have a gun for self defence, Oh right. How American lol.

:)
mcn41r
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jul 01, 2008
Pfff typical yanky attitude towards firearms. If you took guns away at least people would have one less thing to kill others with! er hello, you can't exactly shoot from distance with a knife or a club or whatever are you.

And don't give me the police crap either, our officers in the UK aren't armed and they seem to do alright for themselves. Better than being a trigger happy, gun-ho moron.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 01, 2008
Pfff typical yanky attitude towards firearms. If you took guns away at least people would have one less thing to kill others with! er hello, you can't exactly shoot from distance with a knife or a club or whatever are you.

And don't give me the police crap either, our officers in the UK aren't armed and they seem to do alright for themselves. Better than being a trigger happy, gun-ho moron.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 01, 2008
You don't need a gun in Dubai. If you are carrying one you will probably be arrested. Try a jambiya instead.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 01, 2008
scarlet wrote:You don't need a gun in Dubai. If you are carrying one you will probably be arrested. Try a jambiya instead.

Thats not true, try ordering a 50 inch plazma TV and surround sound to be delivered from GEANT on time and on the correct day, ive changed my mind, "I need a gun"
W & C
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: Firearms Jul 01, 2008
spookservices.com wrote:Do you actually believe that if we didnt have guns that it would keep people from killing each other. People would find more wonderful ways to kill each other. Once a person decides to kill they will find a way. Having guns gives the person that wants to kill what they call " a moment of pause". The gun is a tool and the person is the one that decides to kill. That same tool is also used to protect from the others that make a wrong decisions. I work in this field. Do you know how many crimes and killings that have been deturred because of the proper use of a gun (by police, security personel and properly licenced people)

The people that are for gun control need to see the statistics on what the Brady Ban did for America... The good people complied with the ban and crime went up... That ban was a total failure.

Unfortunately, here we see the great divide. Those who use LOGIC when creating an argument, and those who can't even spell it.

Of course guns increase murders/violent deaths, especially in America where they're much more available than say, Canada. If you choose to ignore that or hide behind the kind of crass 2nd Amendment arguments that could only survive in America, be my guest.

Just don't expect us to respect it.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 01, 2008
well if you just an investigator just to let you know here gun crimes are rare. So you dont have to worry about somebody killing you. If you really need it I would recommend you to meet with the Police Chief and convince him of your need. Remember laws here can be bend for certain ppl.
desert surfer
Dubai Forums Talker

Jul 03, 2008
Wow, as an american, and a gun owner, I am not surprised to see the lack of information from the board regarding gun violence and guns in general.

Guns don't kill people, people kill people! It's the honest truth and you can't deny it.

If someone wants to commit a crime and there is no gun available, they will find the next best thing and go on about their business. Why are there so many knife crimes in london? Better take away all the knives. Oh but the knives are not commiting the crimes are they. How silly of me!

Where I come from, law abiding citizens can be trained and allowed to carry concealed weapons. That means the criminals (with guns or KNIVES) Have to think twice about trying to commit crimes against people because those people could be armed and prepared to defend themselves.

The first thing the oppressors do is take away the guns. Not mine!

The world outside of America has no idea what gun crime in america is or what the numbers add up to. I will bet you the murder rate and violent crime rates in London are on Par with any big American city or even higher! Check that!
billystyle
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 03, 2008
I also am an american, and a gun owner. But I absolutely disagree with you. My gun is a 22 rifle locked safely away used now and again to shoot targets or squirrels and if I absolutely had to, I would use it in the unlikely event of some guy trying to kill me or my family. The only reason I would want it is because I know that some idiot is running around out there with a hand cannon stuffed in his shorts. Yes there might be more stabbings in the UK but look at the actual MURDER rates. The numbers speak for themselves. The founding fathers were not talking about AK 47s and Glock 9mms when they talked about the right to bear arms. No one is trying to oppress you man. The fact is, that idiot should not be able to have his hand cannon. nuff said. no guns- no shootings. Its a hell of a lot harder to kill with a knife and if an attacker with a knife sees me with my louisville slugger standing in the doorway, I think he would think twice about comming to my house.
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Firearms Jul 03, 2008
Dr Strangeglove wrote:Of course guns increase murders/violent deaths, especially in America where they're much more available than say, Canada. If you choose to ignore that or hide behind the kind of crass 2nd Amendment arguments that could only survive in America, be my guest.

Just don't expect us to respect it.

I'm from the UK & have shot guns all my life from an early age, under controlled conditions. I’m a guy & actually think it's fun. But sh*t, I shouldn't be allowed to have one under my bed/ tucked away in my jacket!

There's just as many guns in Canada as there are in USA... However gun crime just isn't a HUGE problem like in the states.

This makes me think that simply put... it's the Americans themselves. Irresponsible pricks who are brought up believing that guns solve problems. Just the same as people who are brought up around religious fanaticism. They grow up to think it's right & other points of view don’t matter. No amount of logic or reason will turn them round. It's an attitude, mentality & ego problem & people with attitude & mental problems shouldn’t have guns! Too late now though because it’s impossible to just take them back!

It's massive massive business in the sates too, so nothing will ever change. If you can make money, do it. Who cares how many kids die!! – dickheads!

Personally, I was brought up to think for myself, to know right from wrong, was taught to stay out of trouble & to use violence only as a last resort. Shame a lot of our foolish cousins across the pond can't say the same!

Still I reckon in 20 years the war with china will kill many in the states… problem solved. Just hope the UK doesn’t go down with them!

p.s. This isn’t meant to all Americans. I know that there are plenty good’uns out there too!
johnnymac
Dubai Forum User

Jul 03, 2008
Oh, sure, write a page long rant about america and say the problem will be solved if we are killed off by China, but the add on sentence to apologise to the good ones so we dont get our feelings hurt.

I agree with you about the gun issue but as far as the rest of it goes, get real. If you brits hate us so much why do you do evrything we tell you to. Iraq come to mind? Chances are you pussies will be right there next to us in any war we tell you to fight.

Keep in mind that the English are responsible for almost all of the problems in the rest of the world (Africa, Middle East, Etc.) when you start spouting off about the US screwing everything up. We are just a chip off the old block.

But not every brit is a jerk, there are still a few "good uns" :)
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 03, 2008
maximusprime wrote:Oh, sure, write a page long rant about america and say the problem will be solved if we are killed off by China, but the add on sentence to apologise to the good ones so we dont get our feelings hurt.

I agree with you about the gun issue but as far as the rest of it goes, get real. If you brits hate us so much why do you do evrything we tell you to. Iraq come to mind? Chances are you pussies will be right there next to us in any war we tell you to fight.

Keep in mind that the English are responsible for almost all of the problems in the rest of the world (Africa, Middle East, Etc.) when you start spouting off about the US screwing everything up. We are just a chip off the old block.

But not every brit is a jerk, there are still a few "good uns" :)

I never said you'd messed up the world. Just your own place! Sh*t, I'm with you on the England thing too. We've all got a bad past, that's how we we got where we are today. And it's not like I'm saying England's paved with gold you know. I'm leaving, that may give you a bit of an idea how bad it is here. But I don't spit my dummie (pacifier) out just coz someone slags England off a bit. :roll:

You're right on the war front, we'll probably end up blindly following you into a war with china just like iraq! That would be a big fuc*king mistake again though. Our leaders are as stupid & shortsighted as yours! That's why I 'hope' we side with Europe!

As for being pussies... at the min you're still the most powerful nation on the planet. Sticking by you isn't being a tiger it's called being shrewd. You won't be the most powerfull forever tho. A lot of your countrymen won't accept this & that's why a war will start! One other thing, you guys would have been fuc*ked without us in Iraq. Yeah you've got the numbers but we have the best trained armed forces. SAS, SBS etc. Oh yeah, bet my dad could beat your dad up too. Lol!

I don't hate americans, just can't stand stupid fuc*ing gang bangers & rednecks (are you one of these? if not, chill out!) who still think think it's their 'God' given right to to do what ever they like without considering anyone else & those that think America is the centre of the universe and always will be. It wont! I imagine you hat these guys too? I suspect we in the UK have had our time too if 'we don't realise we're just a small island & we need Europe & help to survive! You can't deny that you got loads of narrow minded dumb ass (& rather large) di*kheads in your country. Don't worry though, I hate the knife wielding chav mortherfu*kers that plague our streets evenmore!!!!!

I never said the war was the best solution or that I'd want it to happen. Shi*t if you all die, who's going to keep making episodes of Heros for me to watch?!? As for the good'uns dying. Well, if there was a war, sh*t happens. I make no apologies if this fact "hurts your feelins". If there was a war with china so many from so many nations would die! ... and it may just solve the gun problem! A drastic solution I know, but hey the worlds a crazy place!!
johnnymac
Dubai Forum User

Jul 03, 2008
Thats probably the most intelligent thing Ive heard from you all day. Thanks for clarifying. I think you're right about almost everything you've said. No I dont deny that there is no shortage of narrow minded dumb f*cks back home in the states, but I do think that it is the same everywhere. The ones in the states are just more visible. They're the ones on TV, internet, news,etc. Everyones watching America and they get to see everything we have to offer, good and bad. Ive done a bit of travelling and no matter where I go, people are people. There are smart ones and dumb ones, fat ones thin ones, but they are all doing the same thing. No, Im not a gang banger or a redneck and I get just as frustrated with those types as you do. I just dont like the fact that the world associates me and my countrymen with the lowest dogshit in our society. I think its important for people to realize that its not a problem unique to America. Ive met tons of d*ckhead englishmen, arabs, etc. here in dubai.

But Seriously, even George Bush know not to fcuk with China.
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 03, 2008
The forum changes all my dirty words. Love=F*ck
maximusprime
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 03, 2008
I know what you mean. Just been watching Jeremy Kyle (the British Jerry Springer!) Lol!!
We've all got them. It's like when the English get grief for all supposedly being drunken yobs & football hooligans when abroad (prob a fair bit of truth to that one tho!). God bless the media for helping stereotypical images!!

Still think there'll be a war with china... all depends on US economy. Have a theory that US is going to become less & less of a power on the world economy stage (its already lost a fair bit of its hold), while China & India etc become more and more powerful and less reliant on the west. The UK economy is in meltdown & things are gona get pretty bad I reckon.

US was a big part of Chinas economy as they were the biggest importer of Chinese goods. This is no longer the case. America only accounts for a small percentage of their exports now. It’s all going to India & the rest of Asia. India is just about at a level where their people are making enough money to buy themselves "luxury goods", rather than just enough to survive. Where they gona get em? China! That coupled with the Chinese buying HUGE pieces of our stock markets will make us more reliant on them. Once that happens they have control. & lets remember their pouplations are billions!

Tthe US will still be armed to the teeth and wont like being "stopped" doing what they want to do by China. That's when it could kick off. It's like;y the UK will be able to do jack sh*t. All depends on our economy & if we've been bailed out by and in doing so fully integrated with Europe.
That's the thing about dictatorships, they plan 30, 40 , 50 years ahead. Our governments are too busy always thinking about the next general election & what they need to do to keep people happy for next 4/5 years! It's a bleak thought, but just a bit of a drunken theory.

That ended up being quite long. It's amazing how fast you can type after a couple beers!
johnnymac
Dubai Forum User

Jul 06, 2008
Maximus Prime you are, as ever, the voice of reason.

I would however add that the 2nd Amendment argument is (according to it's initial definition) no longer valid.

Whilst most articles of legislation are supposed to be of long term benefit, I very much doubt anyone can legitimately argue that the American people are at risk of being enslaved by their government. The right to bear arms was to protect against this danger alone.
Dr Strangeglove
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat