Filipinos Won Agains The Brits In Boxing - Pacquio Vs Hatton

Topic locked
Filipinos won agains the Brits in Boxing - Pacquio vs Hatton May 03, 2009
This is a great day for filipinos at 2nd round of the fight Many Pacquio knockout Ricky Hatton. Eventually he also knockout Hatton at 1st round twice.

CHEERS! :occasion5:

portland
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2009
I don't think the Philipino's won anything... Why does everything have to turn into a racewar?

Pacq gave a good beating to Hatton. End of story.
Congrats to him.

Why does it make any difference where he's from?
A rose by any other name smells just as sweet...
dresden
Dubai chat master

Re: Filipinos won agains the Brits in Boxing - Pacquio vs Ha May 03, 2009
Portland,
If you are from the Philippines, my congratulations!
:)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

May 03, 2009
dresden wrote:I don't think the Philipino's won anything... Why does everything have to turn into a racewar?

Congrats to him.

My sentiments exactly.
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Re: Filipinos won agains the Brits in Boxing - Pacquio vs Ha May 03, 2009
Red Chief wrote:Portland,
If you are from the Philippines, my congratulations!
:)

thanks chief
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2009
pinoy1 wrote:
dresden wrote:I don't think the Philipino's won anything... Why does everything have to turn into a racewar?

Congrats to him.

My sentiments exactly.

hahaha you both must have lost on a bet...im just proud and happy any problem with that
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2009

Congrats to him.

QFT.

Filipinos shouldn't be riding on the coat tails of others. Celebrate the win as a fan, not as a Filipino.
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

May 03, 2009
^ Exactly.

It's always nice when a fellow countryman/woman wins, but the thread title is retarded.

"Filipino's won against the Brits". Got an inferiority complex much?
dresden
Dubai chat master

May 03, 2009
Congrats Mr. Philipines

Dresden, U r correct.
zukku
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 03, 2009
dresden wrote:^ Exactly.

It's always nice when a fellow countryman/woman wins, but the thread title is retarded.

"Filipino's won against the Brits". Got an inferiority complex much?

But he did say "...in boxing" right? Or "Philippines won aganst UK in boxing" would be less retarded, no?
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

May 03, 2009
are you all retard or idiots? please read the titles properly ...
Common sense please : Pacquio is Filipino and Hatton is Briton
so whats wrong with the title? its states there IN BOXING.

Filipinos won agains the Brits in Boxing - Pacquio vs Hatton
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

May 03, 2009
Hatton is way, way past his prime, he should have retired long ago. He was the best fighter in the world a while back, now he's a dud, beating him is no biggie, end of story.

The Filipino vs Brits thing is only typical of the way a lot of people look at sport. It's only childish 'my dad could beat your dad' playground stuff. Just get over it guys, I don't think he meant to offend anyone.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 03, 2009
I wasn't particularly offended. As a Filipino, I regularly witness how we tend to rally around successful athletes and sports persons such as Manny Pacquiao and then try to claim some of that awesomeness for ourselves. I'm not saying that this was the OP's intention and indeed, it is nice to see our own countryman win big. Pacquiao, Efren Reyes, and other Filipinos are certainly deserving of great praise.

But all too often, Filipinos see these bright sparks and put too much weight behind them. Filipino pride indeed. Personally, I think we need more Filipino humility.
gamercowboy
Dubai forums Addict

May 03, 2009
Point taken. I anyway as Brit was not offended, that's all I was saying ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 03, 2009
Hey if it make the Filipinos happy, then so be it!

It's actually testament to the fact that Britain's sporting legacy is so envied across the globe. I guess even if a Brit Pillow fighter should lose a match, some countries would herald that a stupendous feat! :D

Having said that I maintain the Pacquiao is the greatest pound for pound fighter on planet earth.
No need for Brit's to fret though, cuz Brit's street gangs are fast catching up. With knifing's and brawls rampant, before long the English will have their brawl king.....
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 03, 2009
man i loved the fight, but yea as a filipino i think you created a pretty offensive thread title. gratz gratz to pacquiao, pinoy pride taas na naman! :lol:
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

May 03, 2009
Speedhump wrote:Hatton is way, way past his prime, he should have retired long ago. He was the best fighter in the world a while back, now he's a dud, beating him is no biggie, end of story.

The Filipino vs Brits thing is only typical of the way a lot of people look at sport. It's only childish 'my dad could beat your dad' playground stuff. Just get over it guys, I don't think he meant to offend anyone.

I certainly disagree with your view that Hatton is way, way past his prime. The least you could do at least is give respect to ricky as this is the weight division at 140 that he was unbeaten and dominated it all time.

He lost with Mayweather at the 147 (only loss) as this is not where he fits well but still give Mayweather a good fight inspite of that.

Hatton is a very good fighter, no question to that but he's just not up there with the greatest fighters like Manny. The guy is simply amazing that when he defeated dela Hoya I thought it was just a fluke and dela Hoya is past his prime but this time it's as clear as day, I'm not doubting Manny anymore as #1 Pound for Pound best boxer today.

Congrats.
DDS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 04, 2009
Voice of reason from DDS there

Also professional sport should be a bastion of jingoism and reflected glory therefore Pinoy1, all the best and congrats.
FTD
Dubai Forums Talker

May 04, 2009
DDS wrote:
Speedhump wrote:Hatton is way, way past his prime, he should have retired long ago. He was the best fighter in the world a while back, now he's a dud, beating him is no biggie, end of story.

I certainly disagree with your view that Hatton is way, way past his prime. The least you could do at least is give respect to ricky as this is the weight division at 140 that he was unbeaten and dominated it all time.

He lost with Mayweather at the 147 (only loss) as this is not where he fits well but still give Mayweather a good fight inspite of that.

Hatton is a very good fighter, no question to that but he's just not up there with the greatest fighters like Manny. The guy is simply amazing that when he defeated dela Hoya I thought it was just a fluke and dela Hoya is past his prime but this time it's as clear as day, I'm not doubting Manny anymore as #1 Pound for Pound best boxer today.

Congrats.

Well, has Hatton beaten any quality opposition since the Mayweather fight? He was a very good (but not great) fighter in my opinion.

Pacquiao is evil in the ring, I like him ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 04, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
DDS wrote:

Congrats.

Well, has Hatton beaten any quality opposition since the Mayweather fight? He was a very good (but not great) fighter in my opinion.

Pacquiao is evil in the ring, I like him ;)

True, same thing can be said with Mayweather, he hasn't fought any great ones the likes of Cotto or Mosley and constantly avoiding them.
DDS
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 04, 2009
Personally, I think boxing is a hideous sport! I cannot understand what the attraction is watching two people try to beat each other to a pulp.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 04, 2009
Congratulations.
Snow
Dubai forums Addict

May 04, 2009
Well, Chocs, it is another male invention, so that explains it all :)

Anyhow, if the fighters were representing their countries at an international event like Olympics or something, then the title would be more accurate. If they are just representing themselves as individuals in a professional competition, then the title is inaccurate.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

May 04, 2009
Ladies stop trying to pull our teeth. Men love to see blood and snot flying around, usually even more so when it doesn't belong to them. Whenever I've accidentally taken off several layers of skin I'm always fascinated to look at the fat and bone underneath. Until people are genetically pre-programmed in some Brave New World, men will always be the visceral s*x.

(visceral=dealing with crude or elemental emotion)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 04, 2009
Mayweather Jr. better hurry up or else he too becomes way past his prime thus enabling manny to easily win. :roll:

If Manny loses to Mayweather, however which way, can we use the same excuse?
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

May 04, 2009
pinoy1 wrote:Mayweather Jr. better hurry up or else he too becomes way past his prime thus enabling manny to easily win. :roll:

If manny losses to may weather then lets all be sports and enjoy the game
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

May 04, 2009
portland wrote:
pinoy1 wrote:Mayweather Jr. better hurry up or else he too becomes way past his prime thus enabling manny to easily win. :roll:

“He’s in his prime right now. He’s on top of his game. He’s getting better all the time. Anyone in the world he can beat them all," said the three-time Trainer of the Year.

...I think you cannot.
zukku
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 04, 2009
zukku wrote:
portland wrote:

“He’s in his prime right now. He’s on top of his game. He’s getting better all the time. Anyone in the world he can beat them all," said the three-time Trainer of the Year.

...I think you cannot.

well lets see when the time they face off with each other, wo will be the winner...
portland
Dubai Expat Helper

May 04, 2009
By the way, I was talkin' about Mr. Manny Pacquiao.

GMA news says:

:b:MANILA, Philippines – From Miguel Coto, Sugar Shane Mosley to Floyd Mayweather Jr., the sky's the limit now for Manny Pacquiao.

Freddie Roach mentioned the name of the three boxing stars as the possible next opponent for Pacquiao, whom he wants to be back on the ring either by November or December.

That easily gives the world pound-for-pound king at least six months to rest and prepare following his spectacular second round demolition of Ricky Hatton in their junior light-welterweight slugfest.

For Roach, nobody can beat Pacquiao at this time of his career.

Top Rank Promotion’s Bob Arum is already priming up a Coto-Pacquiao fight late this year, saying Roach and the boxing icon will be at ringside of the Madison Square Garden in New York in June to personally watch the Puerto Rican champion fight Joshua Clottey for the World Boxing Organization (WBO) welterweight title.

“If Cotto wants to come down a few pounds, then we could make that happen. If Mosley wants to come down a few pounds, we can make that happen," said Roach of the two welterweight champions.

The American trainer is vocal enough in admitting that Pacquiao is perfectly suited at the light-welterweight class.

As for Mayweather Jr?

“I think he’s scared of Pacquiao," he said of the former pound-for-pound king who came out of retirement Saturday and booked a July 18 date with world lightweight champion and former Pacquiao nemesis Juan Manuel Marquez.

“He could fight Manny Pacquiao. He just have to wait one day. He chose to pick Marquez," said Roach.

The former boxer turned trainer added that they won’t tow the line and wait for any available opponent.

“We’ll not gonna wait around for anybody. We’ll keep Manny busy," he said. – GMANews.TV
:/b:
zukku
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

May 05, 2009

Agreed SH
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat