Fayz Has Become A Victim Of Theft

Topic locked
Fayz has become a victim of theft Nov 24, 2005
To the fu$ks that stole my 2 parking garage remotes (work and home) out of my car outside of Rydges Hotel on Diyafa this afternoon WHY??? It is no use to you but I’m going to get charged AED 1000 to replace the one for the apartment.

End of rant,
a bitter Fayz

fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nov 24, 2005
Look on the bright side, at least they left you the car. But you're right, I can't see the thieving scum making their fortune on the black market with this one. Sometimes you think you'd like to be strolling back to the car when the scuzzballs had their hands inside. Summary justice can be quite effective :twisted:
GoodBai
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 24, 2005
sad to hear that.I wish may God give u patience :roll:
s_kates81
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 24, 2005
he went through all the hassle to break into your car to take two garage remotes ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 25, 2005
That is really sad...My sympathies with you sweety.
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 25, 2005
damn, that sucks...
BTW, 1,000Dhs for parking remotes??? WTF?!?! Thats the REAL robbery!
:roll:
sleepless.in.dubai
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 25, 2005
maybe he took them by mistake..maybe he was looking for the tv remote control...well u can laugh at when u have paid the 1000...and think what an idiot would take that and leave the car...

dont u guys have any kind of insurance that covers theft?
D-Unit
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Fayz has become a victim of theft Nov 25, 2005
fayz wrote:To the fu$ks that stole my 2 parking garage remotes (work and home) out of my car outside of Rydges Hotel on Diyafa this afternoon WHY??? It is no use to you but I’m going to get charged AED 1000 to replace the one for the apartment.

End of rant,
a bitter Fayz

fayaz Habibi

repeat .............ina lilah wa ina ilajhi rajiooen......... :oops:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 25, 2005
MaaaD wrote:he went through all the hassle to break into your car to take two garage remotes ?

That was my thought exactly steal the fricken stereo, steal the sunglasses in the glovebox, at least than i could say okay i can understand that but why the remotes? they are totally useless to anyone but me especially since I wasn't at the house or at work when it happened so unless the guy is a stalker how would he know which gates the things even open.

Yes having to pay AED 1000 for a replacement is me getting robbed again.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 25, 2005
Who did you piss off lately?

Or maybe a bitter ex?
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 25, 2005
Strange,

but as XRW has stated, there must be a reason for taking them. I woiuld be very worried about what it is or who it is you have pissed off so badly.

Take care and sorry to hear what happened.
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 25, 2005
ya maybe this is just step 1 .. step 2 is to break in the house through the garage :P
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

... Nov 26, 2005
check if any of your neighbours had complained of a lost remote. check with the watchman if any of the other guys in the complex have lost theirs and don't want to pay the $1000/-.
sa4877
Dubai Forums Talker

Nov 26, 2005
Actually I'd be quite worried as not all the frequencies these remotes use are unique to the individual garage. I know this as my cousin in the US used to take his remote and drive around pressing it and opening other peoples garages for a laugh - don't ask me why! So the people who took them could try the same thing and if they find inside doors open they could quite easily gain access to apartments, villas, offices etc as many people don't lock their doors.

Also if you have full car insurance, you'll be covered against the theft anyway and can claim on that.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 26, 2005
sa4877 wrote:check if any of your neighbours had complained of a lost remote. check with the watchman if any of the other guys in the complex have lost theirs and don't want to pay the $1000/-.

Well the plus is the building deactivated the remote code rendering it useless for our building, so if it was a neighbor or thief they aren’t going to be able to use it. Not sure about other buildings though choco has a good point I’m sure there are only X number of frequencies that each brand of remote uses.

As for pissing someone off or an Ex I’ll have to do some thinking :scratch: :scratch: but I don’t think so. I try hard to treat people with respect.

I didn’t bother going through insurance, from what people tell me if you claim something like this when it comes time for renewal they’ll jack up your rates or possibly refuse to insure you.

Oh well, live and learn, living in Dubai has made me a little lax in securing my belongings and this is a good reality check.

Thanks for listening to me vent and all for your support.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

hi Nov 26, 2005
sorry to hear about the robbery fayz. take care n god bless.
sajjini
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat