Europe In 10 Days

Topic locked
Europe in 10 days Mar 19, 2006
Hi all,

Was hoping to get some pointers from you on the feasibility of doing a 10-day backpacking trip across Europe. Want to fly in anywhere, and then hopefully get train reservations so that most nights can be on the train. Minimal hotel reservations, and if necessary, train back to port of entry for flight out. All this in 10 days with the most number of countries/cities covered.

Should be interesting, ya? Hope to hear all your thoughts on this.

avkurian
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 19, 2006
i dont think its such a good idea unless ur planning to make a record of visiting maximum no. of countries in 10 days....give each country some time to get the feel...otherwise it would be a normal border touching excercise
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Europe in 10 days Mar 19, 2006
avkurian wrote:Hi all,

Was hoping to get some pointers from you on the feasibility of doing a 10-day backpacking trip across Europe. Want to fly in anywhere, and then hopefully get train reservations so that most nights can be on the train. Minimal hotel reservations, and if necessary, train back to port of entry for flight out. All this in 10 days with the most number of countries/cities covered.

Should be interesting, ya? Hope to hear all your thoughts on this.

Hi there avkurian,

I m going on a backpacking trip to Europe in July. flying to Prague thru Athens on Ukranian airlines and then roaming in Central Europe; Budapest, Vienna and maybe Venecia.

i m traveling there for the fun and adventure of it and investigating the theater scene (shows..etc) over there as this is what i do.

so if u dont mind the itinarary, and my interest, ur welcomed to join me, howver in July :)

anyhow good luck

Yeats
Yeats
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 19, 2006
I think Europe (like any other continent) needs a bit more than ten days since it's quite big (25 countries in the EU not to mention the rest)

anyway, my advise would be to select a part of Europe like mediteranee, eastern euope, northern etc... and travel across 4 or 5 countries max...
And u'll do other parts another time...

u can get train tickets from www.voyages-sncf.fr; opodo, promovacances etc...

Good luck and have fun!
ilfab
Dubai Forums Member

Mar 26, 2006
make sure you have a warm set of clothes :?
175bpm
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat