Topic locked

Du or Etisalat?

Du
50%
Etisalat
50%

Total votes : 10

Du or Etisalat? Nov 05, 2006
Which ISP are you going to subscribe to?

Du or Etisalat.....?

Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 05, 2006
Has Du come up with a service / price schedule?
Guilo2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 05, 2006
well..they have some areas in service for the time being (du) but i dont know really if they are going to launch anytime soon

they wanted to launch in late 2005 but that didnt happen, then they said ok they are going to lauch in 2006......who knows right?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 05, 2006
Yeah... and I wouldn't hold my breath either.

Don't expect Du to be significantly more affordable than Etisalat.
Guilo2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 05, 2006
Guilo2 wrote:Yeah... and I wouldn't hold my breath either.

Don't expect Du to be significantly more affordable than Etisalat.

Don't expect Du to be *any* more affordable than Etisalat, they have already said they're not going to compete on price.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 05, 2006
Dang...
Guilo2
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 05, 2006
why DU cant compete with etisalat

and why uae is just puttin DU out to claim they allow competion

1. DU belongs to etisalat 51% .. the other 49% also belongs to etisalat .. but they claimin its gonna be private . cause they gonna allow the public to by shares ... ( like they dont already allow ppl to buy shares in etisalat )

2. DU is gonna be using the same cables that etisalat has already laid down .. so that means they gonna have to be payin etisalat for using them .. which means they cant possibly be cheaper then etisalat . cause they actually gonna have to be payin etisalat for there services ..

3.DU is Pink .. what they tryin to say by there pink colour scheme ... well they just tryin to say that they are etisalats princess an they were just allowed to be put into the market to allow etisalat to look better.

and if anyone try's to claim that DU is a serious competitor pls keep ur bullshit to urself .. cause we all know wats up.

UAE has been tryin to enter the WTO .. but they havent been getting entrance due to things like not allowing competitors into there market . so UAE is just basically trying to put DU there to show it allows competition .. an they made the freezone sponsor free to show they allow owenership an stuff like that ... it all comes down to bullshittin everyone to try an gain entrance into the WTO .. thats the summarised bottom line of it all.
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Nov 06, 2006
Its too early to judge DU. But yes they will be competing with services and not price since the TRA (Telecom Regulatory Authority) will be setting the prices.

Jamal you have used a lot of factual bullshit, but your final point is true :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 06, 2006
I hope UAE does not get into the WTO in its current state. Hopefully, the WTO people will put even more pressure to make it easier for businesses.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 07, 2006
gtmash wrote:I hope UAE does not get into the WTO in its current state. Hopefully, the WTO people will put even more pressure to make it easier for businesses.

It wont with its current state, they are playing around with alot of the laws. But i hope the WTO is smarter than that. This whole exclusivity agency bullshit needs to go.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

lol Nov 07, 2006
therez gonna b tough competion ,,,etisalat 'll b forced to serve us better :D
hack88
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 07, 2006
Jamal wrote:why DU cant compete with etisalat

3.DU is Pink .. what they tryin to say by there pink colour scheme ... well they just tryin to say that they are etisalats princess an they were just allowed to be put into the market to allow etisalat to look better.

HAHAHA good one ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 07, 2006
If it's not going to be allowed to be competitive on price, then what's the point?

What they really need is to allow a network like Orange, Vodaphone or Virgin, then they'd get a kick up the bum.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 07, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:If it's not going to be allowed to be competitive on price, then what's the point?

What they really need is to allow a network like Orange, Vodaphone or Virgin, then they'd get a kick up the bum.

well the whole idea is to keep the money flow in the country for the country's sake, you know what i mean?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 07, 2006
Du will launch it's services in December.

but I don't know why Jamal always think bad way?

Yes Du will use Etisalat cables, bot it doese not belong to Etisalat as Jamal said, even there is no percents for Etisalat.

Could you tell me how Du will start without using Etisalat cables?
If Du starts plugging the cables all around the country, it will take years, so for that they will use Etisalat Cables in the beginning with special prices for them.

They'll be a price competition, no new commers will enter the market giving the same products with same price, if they do that they will lose and desapear in few years.

So don't judge now, wait the launch of services then you can talk.
Rashed
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 07, 2006
Money will line the same pockets no matter who you choose. Price will be set and shared infrastructure so whats gonna be different? - SFA.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 07, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:Money will line the same pockets no matter who you choose. Price will be set and shared infrastructure so whats gonna be different? - SFA.

Du numbers will start with 051/056 I believe.

How attractive.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Nov 07, 2006
I'm sold!
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat