Escape From Dubai-by Herve

Topic locked
Escape From Dubai-by Herve Nov 12, 2010
Herve, I just wanted to say I have bought your book from Amazon. I am intrigued by you, so I felt the need to know more. I'm not sure if this has been a topic of conversation previously as I'm fairly new to this forum. I haven't had time to read much yet but I have to say I was moved by your pesonal note to your wife. It moved me and that is going some. Congratulations from me, so far, I will report back on my impressions.

I see after posting this that it has been a topic before, I haven't read the posts but this will bring Herve's book to the forefront again which is what he wants, I'm sure.

Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Escape From Dubai-by Herve Nov 13, 2010
Bethsmum wrote:Herve, I just wanted to say I have bought your book from Amazon. I am intrigued by you, so I felt the need to know more. I'm not sure if this has been a topic of conversation previously as I'm fairly new to this forum. I haven't had time to read much yet but I have to say I was moved by your pesonal note to your wife. It moved me and that is going some. Congratulations from me, so far, I will report back on my impressions.

I see after posting this that it has been a topic before, I haven't read the posts but this will bring Herve's book to the forefront again which is what he wants, I'm sure.

Thank you BM, I hope you like the read, and if you need to know more I will be more than happy to share it with you, there is a lot I did not write for various reasons. This topic has been discussed on DF before, supported by many and heavily criticised by Dubai's boys and their wannabe's, however their critics were totally baseless.
Dubai World is up for a disaster when my case hits the Court room in February as they have called me a liar and a fraudster, I am one of the very few authors whose writting have been under scrutiny in legal proceedings, but as a result my book will get much more legitimicay and a stamp of authenticity while proving that the fraudsters were indeed Dubai World and not me. As we go, more news about Dubai are proving that the whole place is a fraud.
I have been insulted here, even by mods, they have that luxury NOW and until I win my case for defamation because after that they won't be able to or risk DF to be shut down for slander.
As for my wife, she well deserved a personal note and dedicace, not only she has been with me since I was a secret agent, and as you can imagine this is a rollercoaster life not too many would ride on, then I dragged her to the UAE where she had to give up her reporter job in the US, and find herself in a society where women are reduced to commodities and where as a reporter at Gulf News she was forced to rewrite stories to disguise the reality.
A LOT of Emirati women shared with her, wrote to her, about their life in Dubai, and how they are ill treated by their husbands and shunned by their own society, in this regard she helped me write my story and edit it since English is not my first language.
Then I had to send her back to the US, flee should I say given the time frame, give up her job again at Gulf News, extract our son from midterm school and take our sons back to the US. She got detained 4 hours at the airport left with absolutely no consideration for our little boys, and she made it out after paying some money to the Yemeni cop on duty.
Once back in the US, it was another waiting game as I was in the course of getting out of this pitt, and later while she was tracking my position on Google Earth as I was crossing the sea.
It takes a lot of qualities for a woman to have endured these string of Dubai calamities that was imposed upon her. Unfortunately, she is not the only one, I receive a lot of emails from other wives in despair and supportive of their husbands, detained or trapped in Dubai.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Well Herve, I will read your story with interest. I haven't got far yet as I have visitors this weekend but as a woman does, I have looked at the pictures. I have to say that Sultan Bin Sulayem should stay clear of wearing shorts. That is not a good look. :D
Bethsmum

Your website has been blocked herve. :(
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: Escape From Dubai-by Herve Nov 14, 2010
Not from the UK. I can still see Herve and he looks mighty fine to me.
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:Well Herve, I will read your story with interest. I haven't got far yet as I have visitors this weekend but as a woman does, I have looked at the pictures. I have to say that Sultan Bin Sulayem should stay clear of wearing shorts. That is not a good look. :D

:lol: Saw that pic on google, you right BM ...Sulayem looks like a beach bum :lol:
capsicum
BANNED

benwj wrote:Your website has been blocked herve. :(

Did you try Etisalat or Du? Anyways, it proves me right for abuse of process.
I Still get visitors from Dubai, they must be priviledged Emirati's with their own private uncensored IP.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nah you just need a bog standard VPN :D
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

I just couldn't be arsed about paying for one anymore. If anyone got any freebies, feel free to PM and share :D
desertdudeshj

This thread is tiresome and I am bored! I want it to be locked!

(Hey BM, no offence to ur thread, I just wanna check if my wishes come true like Chocs or not) :lol:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote:This thread is tiresome and I am bored! I want it to be locked!

(Hey BM, no offence to ur thread, I just wanna check if my wishes come true like Chocs or not) :lol:

LMAO!!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

And none taken Mel. :D

-- Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:29 pm --

desertdudeshj wrote:I just couldn't be arsed about paying for one anymore. If anyone got any freebies, feel free to PM and share :D

How very annoying! I do wish you could learn to play by your own rules. This topic was started to open dialogue about Herve's book, not so that you could advertise for freebies. Even by your own standards this is way off topic.
And may I also politely add that if you must tell people to be quiet, you learn how to spell it first? Unfortunately the topic is now locked so you can't change it :D :D :D
Bethsmum

Yes, two bits of rot in here. Off-topic content and an attempt from melika to wind up chocs. Maybe we should all try to keep things on track here? desertdude, just start a new thread about how to get a free vpn. melika, you think you are making a funny joke, and some people might laugh, but then again maybe chocs will be offended and this thread will be filled with bickering between the two of you and any others who are game for a scrap. Will other forumers want to read here if so many threads deteriorate into personal bickering?

So, back to Herve's book. I haven't read it yet, but look forward to seeing BM's review. I'm off to check his website...
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Thank you K,I could not have put it better

Thanks
arniegang

Bethsmum wrote:

desertdudeshj wrote:I just couldn't be arsed about paying for one anymore. If anyone got any freebies, feel free to PM and share :D

How very annoying! I do wish you could learn to play by your own rules. This topic was started to open dialogue about Herve's book, not so that you could advertise for freebies. Even by your own standards this is way off topic.
And may I also politely add that if you must tell people to be quiet, you learn how to spell it first? Unfortunately the topic is now locked so you can't change it :D :D :D

On the contrary dear, I need a VPN so I can access Herves site, so still very well on topic.

And now since you've choosen to go off topic, As for my little gramatical mistakes. English isn't my first language so it can be forgiven, whats your excuse ?
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:

On the contrary dear, I need a VPN so I can access Herves site, so still very well on topic.

And now since you've choosen to go off topic, As for my little gramatical mistakes. English isn't my first language so it can be forgiven, whats your excuse ?

Your only excuse DD2 is that you need to get a new keyboard - put it on your Christmas list

:lol: :lol:
arniegang

kanelli wrote:Yes, two bits of rot in here. Off-topic content and an attempt from melika to wind up chocs. Maybe we should all try to keep things on track here? desertdude, just start a new thread about how to get a free vpn. melika, you think you are making a funny joke, and some people might laugh, but then again maybe chocs will be offended and this thread will be filled with bickering between the two of you and any others who are game for a scrap. Will other forumers want to read here if so many threads deteriorate into personal bickering?

So, back to Herve's book. I haven't read it yet, but look forward to seeing BM's review. I'm off to check his website...

No K, you got it wrong. I dont think chocs will be offended by this, me and chocs didnt have a fight in one year! and actually I wasnt talking abt Chocs, I was addressing the one who locks threads with no reason!
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

It was a locked by a Moderator. Your comments are duly noted Mel
arniegang

desertdudeshj wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:

I see we've moved on from Chubs to dear. I prefer Chubs actually, to be thought of as your dear makes me feel unwell and I'm not squeemish. Is there an echo round here? You told me once before that your first language wasn't English and I told you mine wasn't either, it's geordie.
Bethsmum

So Chocs made comments here - dubai-chat/question-for-arniegang-t44118-60.html

Then you said

Sorry, but my interpretation was that you were making fun of Chocs for requesting a thread to be locked because she wanted it locked.

So Bethsmum and desertdude, the bickering will continue?

And... WE'RE ALL OFF-TOPIC - AGAIN.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Let me get it back on topic.

Herve, I once said somewhere along the line that when you came out with your story it was probably bad timing - Dubai was great, people still making tons of money, all was great. Had you revealed your story when Dubai started to crash and the stories were flying, people probably would have been hungry to read your book, which had yet to be published.

When I went back to the states I tried to get it in a couple of stores, without success. Knowing what I know now, I would certainly be interested in reading it, especially since I have read other books that were allowed to reveal certain activies and got past the censors.

Waiting for BM's review. I still plan on getting it.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

kanelli wrote:So Chocs made comments here - dubai-chat/question-for-arniegang-t44118-60.html

Then you said

Sorry, but my interpretation was that you were making fun of Chocs for requesting a thread to be locked because she wanted it locked.

So Bethsmum and desertdude, the bickering will continue?

And... WE'RE ALL OFF-TOPIC - AGAIN.

As I said earlier my comment was to the person who usually locks the threads.

I think everybody can make a wish, Chocs, me or you can wish a thread to be locked, a person to be banned, etc etc. I dont make fun of that. but important is a decision of a person who has the power of making the wishes come true.

Sorry for off topic, but I think you misunderstood me and the explanation was needed.
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

LMAO. poor Herve, he will be confused when he revisits this topic. Don't worry Herve! I intend to start to read your book again tonight and will return with my thoughts! I can't say I will be the perfect book reviewer but will have a go. Watch this space x
Bethsmum

melika969 wrote:I think everybody can make a wish, Chocs, me or you can wish a thread to be locked, a person to be banned, etc etc. I dont make fun of that. but important is a decision of a person who has the power of making the wishes come true.

Sorry for off topic, but I think you misunderstood me and the explanation was needed.

Here hon, I have something for you. I'm going to make you the wish fairy. Just point, aim and POOF!!!

(I couldn't resist)
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:Let me get it back on topic.

Herve, I once said somewhere along the line that when you came out with your story it was probably bad timing - Dubai was great, people still making tons of money, all was great. Had you revealed your story when Dubai started to crash and the stories were flying, people probably would have been hungry to read your book, which had yet to be published.

When I went back to the states I tried to get it in a couple of stores, without success. Knowing what I know now, I would certainly be interested in reading it, especially since I have read other books that were allowed to reveal certain activies and got past the censors.

Waiting for BM's review. I still plan on getting it.

Bora, I dont think the timing was bad, I was not "timing" anything anyways, once I returned home I could not wait for Dubai to crash to publish my story, it took a year already, beside what is the point exposing the truth "after" the bad news have hit the head lines. I did it before anyone, now everything I read in the news confirms what I wrote.
However my book is first about my escape. I exposed the dark sides of Dubai as a warning and more to explain why I became a scapegoat and why all this happened to me and to other managers.
8 months later during an interview a Bloomberg reporter told Sultan Bin Sulayem that I escaped on a rubber boat and that I was back in the US publishing a book, it was as if a bomb had gone off in the room, Sultan tought I was still hiding somewhere in the UAE. Escape + book, that was too much for Sultan, he grabbed the phone and the reporter was detained at the airport and threatened to not publish his article and he rushed to Dubai court to convict me in absentia, which led me to sue Dubai World in Florida. In reaction Dubai World sued me back and I countered sued them.
People (other than S&O) saw there was something fishy about my conviction when it took only a few weeks to convict me, when all other cases are still being prosecuted years after CEO's and expat managers have been arrested.
I tell you why Dubai has not crashed yet...it s because all the lenders that carry Dubai debts want "some" of their money back, anybody who is owed money does not want to shoot at the ambulance , denounce the fraud and loose everything.
It s like the guy who wants to sell his house in a bad neighboroud, he is not going to say to a potential buyer that it sucks living there.
But I tell you here it is inevitable, Dubai WILL crash down to dust, why? because it cannot work, not only because there is no way Dubai can or want to repay $120 billions of debts but mostly for cultural reasons. You cannot treat expat like cattle and hoping them to be happy and continue to live and invest in a medieval society.
Try Amazon, it is the easiest way to get my book.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

I have to say, justice is swift here when convenient. I believe in Karma Herve and when it comes around most people don't even see it when it hits them in the face. Most people who were done wrong don't get to see when the karma goes around to the person who did them wrong. On top of it, when it does hit, people tend to ask themselves "why me?" when all the answers are there. I truly don't know how some people can live with themselves, put the roof of their families head, food on the table, clothes on their back, after what they do to people. Clearly they lost their way and put aside any principles they had. And you have to wonder what lessons do they teach their children?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:I have to say, justice is swift here when convenient. I believe in Karma Herve and when it comes around most people don't even see it when it hits them in the face. Most people who were done wrong don't get to see when the karma goes around to the person who did them wrong. On top of it, when it does hit, people tend to ask themselves "why me?" when all the answers are there. I truly don't know how some people can live with themselves, put the roof of their families head, food on the table, clothes on their back, after what they do to people. Clearly they lost their way and put aside any principles they had. And you have to wonder what lessons do they teach their children?

There is no Karma Bora, fighting is the only way to get justice. Last week the court had to acquit a Canadian Nakheel manager because Nakheel could not prove anything, but it was too late, he had been wrongfully accused by Nakheel, jailed for 18 months, eventually he got bailed but he could not handle the pressure and he committed suicide jumping from his hotel room window. Karma or not he died for nothing while Nakheel execs are enjoying life. It does not matter if they get cancer or burn alive in a car accident next year, an innocent man died. In a situation like this or like mine you fight as if there was no tomorrow, because no karma is going to help you out.
No matter how justice or karma turn in my favor it will never erase the un necessary hell Dubai World put me through.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

Those who are responsible for this man taking his life have to live with it. People can go through life without thinking of the wrongs they did, but there comes a time down the road when you have nothing left but your thoughts and it's at that time those things creep in your head and you just can't shake them out. The past catches up Herve. That itself is Karma.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Thats another way to look at it herve. Hmmm...very intersting indeed and does make a lotta sense.
desertdudeshj

Bora Bora wrote:Those who are responsible for this man taking his life have to live with it. People can go through life without thinking of the wrongs they did, but there comes a time down the road when you have nothing left but your thoughts and it's at that time those things creep in your head and you just can't shake them out. The past catches up Herve. That itself is Karma.

Trust me on that one Bora, I lived in the inner circle of these powerful emirati's , I saw it first hand and I heard them, they are so ruthless like you would not beleive, they do not give a flying sausage of anyone death, they don't live with it because they do not care. Do you know what we are for them? all of us, poor or rich, caucasians or asians, we are "dogs", and for women you are dog "whores", or "flowers" for those they paid for.

Today in the news
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... rldupdates
Not only I wrote exactly that in my book when few people beleived me, I also wrote that Nakheel paid (bribed) marine biologist to claim the opposite. There is a name for that, it is called FRAUD.
My karma, if you will, will be in the Court room, when I will tell all of this for everyone to know.
herve
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat