England Vs. USA ----

Topic locked
Re: England vs. USA ---- Jun 14, 2010
and psssssssssssssssssssssstt

someone tell Bora about the Amoco Cadiz and its 1,660,000 barrells of crude.

arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

arniegang wrote:and psssssssssssssssssssssstt

Never said I loved my government, but show me one that is perfect.

Sure turn the oil spill around and blame the Americans EMPLOYED by BP. All we have heard from is the Chairman - who, correct me if I'm wrong is British. Well I guess we are going to have to wait for the oil spill to STOP before you compare it to other spills. Apparently the effect the spill is having on the Gulf of Mexico with regard to ecology, biology, wildlife, people, business isn't a concern compared to BPs concern about the distribution of the upcoming dividend to its shareholders.

Like I said, I could dig and dig and dig and come up with England's failures, but, who cares? More problems in the here and now that need to be addressed, not argue things that have affected the world that can't be changed. Face it, England has it's unglorious history, but you need to live in the present, not the past.

-- Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:16 pm --

Chocoholic wrote:LOL PMSL - well there really is no coming back from that little lot now is there?!

The mere fact that you were able to comprehend any of it is amazing, considering all of your inflictions.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: England Vs. USA ---- Jun 14, 2010
:happy1:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

melika969 wrote::happy1:

Pass some to me Mel :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sharing is Caring.... :wink:
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

sage & onion wrote:
Tom Jones wrote:You Brits can rant all you want and carry on dreaming about your “glorious” past but the reality of today is that you have lost all your “glory”, and you’ve now been reduced to an ordinary country suffering from all kinds of economic and social ills.

America, on the other hand, despite its brief history and the diversity its people, has risen to rule the world. It has now become the greatest and most powerful nation on earth, economically, technologically and militarily.

So either stop being jealous and get over it (and deal with your own problems) or keep on dreaming of your lost past (and fall further into the abyss of history).

Like or not, America, despite its pitfalls, now rules the entire world!!!

I suggest you move out of the way and learn to live with it!!!!

8) 8)

And some would say that China is slowly taking over.

Don't forget you curry munchers.

If I may quote John Oliver:
Gone are the days when England imported the Indians to polish the cobblestones for their beggars.
They are never getting that back.

But you could always move to Dubai.
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

sage & onion wrote:

Pass some to me Mel :lol: :lol:

Galactico wrote:

Sharing is Caring.... :wink:

sure guys, btw u won't join the Brit guys here? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

I see Bora's got nothing left than to stoop to personal attacks AGAIN - boooring - move along now! At least I have an excuse - what's yours? Oh wait you come from one of those red neck, inbred states don't you, where they're all buck toothed and like to roll around in the mud for FUN!

America has a long way to go that's for sure!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:I see Bora's got nothing left than to stoop to personal attacks AGAIN - boooring - move along now! At least I have an excuse - what's yours? Oh wait you come from one of those red neck, inbred states don't you, where they're all buck toothed and like to roll around in the mud for FUN!

America has a long way to go that's for sure!

It wasn't a personal attack. I thought it was quite an achievement for you.

Do you know how you sound: at least I have an excuse - what's yours? Were you sticking your tongue out when you wrote that? Honestly Cocs, its very juvenile.

Good to see that it doesn't stop you from making your personal attacks. Feel better now?? :lol: :lol:

You are the last one who should talk about teeth. It's a trademark you own. :lol: :lol:

And my parting words to you, if you don't mind, I'm going to use your words:
:blah5: :blah5: :blah5: :blah5:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Well done to the Netherlands today, great game over Denmark.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Bora Bora wrote:
arniegang wrote:and psssssssssssssssssssssstt

Never said I loved my government, but show me one that is perfect.

Sure turn the oil spill around and blame the Americans EMPLOYED by BP. All we have heard from is the Chairman - who, correct me if I'm wrong is British. Well I guess we are going to have to wait for the oil spill to STOP before you compare it to other spills. Apparently the effect the spill is having on the Gulf of Mexico with regard to ecology, biology, wildlife, people, business isn't a concern compared to BPs concern about the distribution of the upcoming dividend to its shareholders.

Like I said, I could dig and dig and dig and come up with England's failures, but, who cares? More problems in the here and now that need to be addressed, not argue things that have affected the world that can't be changed. Face it, England has it's unglorious history, but you need to live in the present, not the past.

-- Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:16 pm --

Chocoholic wrote:LOL PMSL - well there really is no coming back from that little lot now is there?!

The mere fact that you were able to comprehend any of it is amazing, considering all of your inflictions.

Yup the Chairman is a Brit for sure

But the twats who f'ed up were yanks.

Now the Brit Chairman has to make excuses for them and publicly grovel to get it sorted- a great and proud man i would say. What does Mr Knobhead Obama do ?- blame everyone else and is about as much use as a sweeping brush on a beach full of oil.
arniegang

What to do, they're never going to take the blame are they, it's far easier to fob it off onto others.

-- Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:35 pm --

Whatever Bora, you use any excuse to bring stuff up, it's tedious. You're incapable of formulating a decent argument on this subject so you result to slagging off - kinda pathetic really.

I refuse to acknowledge you!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: England Vs. USA ---- Jun 15, 2010
shafique wrote:In economic terms, isn't the USA already China's b*tch? ;)

I mean, when Mattel had to offer a grovelling apology to the people of China in 2007 - after recalling toys manufactured in China, we had an inkling who really is wearing the pants in the relationship. And that was BEFORE the credit crisis!

Hey - DK, kudos on your excellent summary. May I have permission to quote it when young yanks start to get uppity here? ;)

Cheers,
Shafique

Knock yourself out matey...and I can add a few more choice ones if you so wish!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Thanks DK.

I remember early on in this saga, Halliburton was mentioned as well as the fact that BP was leasing the rig from an American company. Did I imagine that these American companies were somehow also embroiled in this fiasco?? ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: England vs. USA ---- Jun 15, 2010
erm what the heck has thisgot to do with football?

Next matches on the 18th: USA vs Slovenia - no contest really, should be an easy win for the USA.

England vs Algeria - I'd like to say again no contest, IF we bring in Hart to replace Green and get our act together.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Well done to the Netherlands today, great game over Denmark.

Not the best of games, but effective.
Guess the Danish forgot that teams change goals after 45 min. :?

Elia was a revelation!
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

The Dutch always have a pretty strong team and they're good to watch, I hope they go far in this tournament.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

shafique wrote:Thanks DK.

I remember early on in this saga, Halliburton was mentioned as well as the fact that BP was leasing the rig from an American company. Did I imagine that these American companies were somehow also embroiled in this fiasco?? ;)

Cheers,
Shafique

Definately more Seps than Brits involved.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dubai Knight wrote:
shafique wrote:In economic terms, isn't the USA already China's b*tch? ;)

I mean, when Mattel had to offer a grovelling apology to the people of China in 2007 - after recalling toys manufactured in China, we had an inkling who really is wearing the pants in the relationship. And that was BEFORE the credit crisis!

Hey - DK, kudos on your excellent summary. May I have permission to quote it when young yanks start to get uppity here? ;)

Cheers,
Shafique

Knock yourself out matey...and I can add a few more choice ones if you so wish!

8) 8) 8)

Knight

add a few more pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

you are obvioulsy on a roll so lets have it DK style

:wink:
arniegang

shafique wrote:Thanks DK.

Cheers,
Shafique

Hi all, Halliburton were the Cementation contractors and Transocean, an American owned Swiss based company are the owners of the Deepwater Rig and both companies are releasing press statements regarding their "Liabilities" in the Deepwater Horizon incident.
Dillon

Re: England vs. USA ---- Jun 16, 2010
Saw my first (for this world cup) St Georges cross çar flag today. A far cry from the dozens that were everywhere last world cup.
benwj

Re: England Vs. USA ---- Jun 16, 2010
Must be the same one I saw today, 2 flags flying from the back windows.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: England Vs. USA ---- Jun 17, 2010
sage & onion wrote:Must be the same one I saw today, 2 flags flying from the back windows.

They are in short supply this year.

Made in China.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Re: England vs. USA ---- Jun 17, 2010
Oh dear - poor poor South Africa! Bye bye!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Chocoholic wrote:Oh dear - poor poor South Africa! Bye bye!

Looks like you are right, hey what did you think of that ref. giving the South African Goalkeeper the red card, brave fellow I thought.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

sage & onion wrote:

Looks like you are right, hey what did you think of that ref. giving the South African Goalkeeper the red card, brave fellow I thought.

Brave !!!

Stupid more like. The ref will no doubt get a poison dart shot into his neck sometime this week.
arniegang

No ref error until now during the WC. Hoping it stays that way.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

sage & onion wrote:

Shocking actually and a tad stupid. He certainly won't last long. Bring back that weird looking Italian ref who reitred a few years ago, he was awsome!

On the flipside, if SA go out, does that mean we'll hear less of those dratted vuvuzelas? Here's hoping!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

benwj wrote:Saw my first (for this world cup) St Georges cross çar flag today. A far cry from the dozens that were everywhere last world cup.

I am predicting to see a lot more come Saturday morning.

-- Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:24 pm --

Flying Dutchman wrote:No ref error until now during the WC. Hoping it stays that way.

Its not the refs fault.
Áll Luis Suarez had to do was tell the ref that he wasn't touched. It was a simple decision for him. But he didn't do this, knowing that the video replays will expose his deception.
I can only assume that cheating is acceptable, but incorrect ref decisions are not.
benwj

benwj wrote:I can only assume that cheating is acceptable, but incorrect ref decisions are not.

The refs don't earn $80,000 a minute for bad acting and being able to roll around in seeming terminal agony because a blade of grass brushed their ikkle delicate padded shins.

But this is not cheating surely?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat