Emiratis Quit Over Long Hours, Insensitivity

Topic locked
Emiratis quit over long hours, insensitivity Jun 24, 2009
Survey among 6000 UAE nationals shows that Emiratisation is not going smoothly.

The nationals show to have high expectations without focussing on personal performance.

See article here: http://business.maktoob.com/20090000005 ... m_content=

Morning everyone :wink:

RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 24, 2009
That is too funny! I love how people think they are entitled to good positions when they don't have the skills or experience for the job. (It doesn't matter which nationality!)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Jun 24, 2009
hahaha! We had repeated emails from the HR manager reminding us about proper working hours (an easy 8-4) and let me say that they were not for the expats.
Captain Australia
Dubai chat master

Jun 24, 2009
I have worked in my present company for almost 10 years. I have never been late and never had a days sick. I consistently work 12 hour days and sometimes over weekends.

It is a work ethic that i grew up with. if I didn't work I didn't get!

In our company there is emails reminding people about time keeping etc....but it is not aimed at locals....mainly because we don't have any.
smoggie
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 24, 2009
LOOOOOOOL …. Look what DF turned the jobless aeromechanic engineer into , poor guy. Man what can I say, we are too spoiled LOL but unlike you they had a choice of being unemployed ..... hey maybe you are just like us , lazy and cant work long hours and you got kicked out…. You did not meet the EU specification LOOOOOOOOOL
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jun 24, 2009
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Jun 24, 2009
Captain Australia wrote:hahaha! We had repeated emails from the HR manager reminding us about proper working hours (an easy 8-4) and let me say that they were not for the expats.

Hey mate....

How're you doing buddy?

Are you home already or still stuck in Dubai?

I've been traveling a lot and very busy ...hence all my participation has been limited to checking in and reading a few posts every now and then......but hey ..good to see you're still around, at the DF joint, that is!!.

:) :)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 24, 2009
uaekid wrote:LOOOOOOOL …. Look what DF turned the jobless aeromechanic engineer into , poor guy. Man what can I say, we are too spoiled LOL but unlike you they had a choice of being unemployed ..... hey maybe you are just like us , lazy and cant work long hours and you got kicked out…. You did not meet the EU specification LOOOOOOOOOL

:lol: Over to you Robby. A response is eagerly awaited
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 25, 2009
Emaratis call the shots in the job market!

If they don't like the hours or don't like the job, they quit.

Simple!..... No worries!!

It's their country, it's their time, and it's their prerogative.

They are a wanted commodity in the private sector, so they can be fastidious if they want to be!!

No surprises here!

8) 8)
Tom Jones
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jun 25, 2009
no they dont quit if they dont like it, they stick to their pay check and it is illegal to fire them.
capsicum
BANNED

Jun 25, 2009
capsicum wrote:no they dont quit if they dont like it, they stick to their pay check and it is illegal to fire them.

You will get a lot further in your Dubai life if you accept the system instead of trying to resist it, young grasshoppa.
dresden
Dubai chat master

Jun 25, 2009
I thing the problem is the family high income and them being immature enough being a fresh gradates and the important reason is that they are looking at their friends who work in a stable environment rather than the one in the private sector pulse the 5 times higher salary !! why blame them. Anyone who has a choice will do the same after all we are all looking for the above..
uaekid
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat