Eid Al-fitr

Topic locked
eid al-fitr Oct 10, 2006
i was told that we are given only 2 days off (private sector) for this holiday, while government takes off a full 3 days.. any truth to this?

in the u.s. we were given a full 3 days off...which makes it kind of odd that in an islamic country, private sector gets only 2 days off.

jumanji
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: eid al-fitr Oct 10, 2006
jumanji wrote:i was told that we are given only 2 days off (private sector) for this holiday, while government takes off a full 3 days.. any truth to this?

in the u.s. we were given a full 3 days off...which makes it kind of odd that in an islamic country, private sector gets only 2 days off.

2 days it is
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: eid al-fitr Oct 10, 2006
sage & onion wrote:
jumanji wrote:i was told that we are given only 2 days off (private sector) for this holiday, while government takes off a full 3 days.. any truth to this?

2 days it is

which days would it fall sage?? I am soo excited!!!! :lol:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 10, 2006
It will fall on 22nd (Sun) or 23rd (Mon) of October I think it is more likely on 23rd making Ramadan a 30 day month, it will however depend on the sighting of the moon.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 10, 2006
thanks sage.. two days is still better than nothing :)
jumanji
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 10, 2006
oh yeah baby ;)
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 10, 2006
and for the peeps working only Sunday to Thursday...... lets dance :blob: :blob: :blob:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 10, 2006
zam wrote:and for the peeps working only Sunday to Thursday...... lets dance :blob: :blob: :blob:

I'm dancing girl :blob: :blob: :blob:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: eid al-fitr Oct 11, 2006
jumanji wrote:in the u.s. we were given a full 3 days off...which makes it kind of odd that in an islamic country, private sector gets only 2 days off.

you got eid off in the US ? :shock:
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

MaaaD wrote:
jumanji wrote:in the u.s. we were given a full 3 days off...which makes it kind of odd that in an islamic country, private sector gets only 2 days off.

thats what i was thinking...
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 11, 2006
do they call it ethnic holiday or something like that?
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 11, 2006
No such National Holiday in US
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 11, 2006
^ a middle-east company based in the US i guess?
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

MaaaD wrote:

absolutely.. i got a full 3 days off, i was allowed to leave early during ramadan.. got all my holidays off no questions asked.. but then again, i worked for a family company ;p (but holidays also applied for school,etc)

even still.. this is definitely the norm in the u.s... my other family members worked for non-muslim companies and never had any issues with holidays, or leaving early during ramadan (providing they would fast).
jumanji
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: eid al-fitr Oct 13, 2006
jumanji wrote:
MaaaD wrote:

absolutely.. i got a full 3 days off, i was allowed to leave early during ramadan.. got all my holidays off no questions asked.. but then again, i worked for a family company ;p (but holidays also applied for school,etc)

even still.. this is definitely the norm in the u.s... my other family members worked for non-muslim companies and never had any issues with holidays, or leaving early during ramadan (providing they would fast).

umm its defintely not the "norm" to leave early and have eid off in the US. Are you sure we are talking about the same country?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 13, 2006
hehehe..my university gave us 9 days in total ..hehehe..from the 19th till the 29 WOOHOOO!!...PARTYYY!>>> 8) 8)
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Oct 13, 2006
Working for a Canadian company all the Jewish people got all Jewish holidays off no questions asked. (They also got all the normal holidays too).

We didnt have any Muslims working for us (as far as I know) but they would have gotten the Muslim holidays if we did.
boomtown
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Re: eid al-fitr Oct 13, 2006
MaaaD wrote:
jumanji wrote:
MaaaD wrote:

umm its defintely not the "norm" to leave early and have eid off in the US. Are you sure we are talking about the same country?

ughm.. i have to say it is. based on 26 years experience.
jumanji
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 13, 2006
d3vilish_ang3l_88 wrote:hehehe..my university gave us 9 days in total ..hehehe..from the 19th till the 29 WOOHOOO!!...PARTYYY!>>> 8) 8)

not fair! :(
jumanji
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2006
awww..well i think i deserve those 9 days...ive been working my butt off this ramadan... 8)
d3vilish_ang3l_88
Dubai chat master

Oct 14, 2006
d3vilish_ang3l_88 wrote:awww..well i think i deserve those 9 days...ive been working my butt off this ramadan... 8)

Good for you Ang.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 14, 2006
d3vilish_ang3l_88 wrote:awww..well i think i deserve those 9 days...ive been working my butt off this ramadan... 8)

enjoy it while you can..

6 day work weeks, and 2 day 'holidays' await you!
jumanji
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2006
hahaha yea.... then u gonna realise the meanin of workin ur butt off :)
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat