Dull

Topic locked
Dull Dec 10, 2006
That about sums it up.

^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dec 10, 2006
Its because there are now a bunch of humorless, preachy loosers who want to tell you how good they are, how good they have it, etc. etc. Can't write a sentence or string 1 -1/2 thoughts together so = silly games.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 10, 2006
Concord wrote:Its because there are now a bunch of humorless, preachy loosers who want to tell you how good they are, how good they have it, etc. etc. Can't write a sentence or string 1 -1/2 thoughts together so = silly games.

Werd.
^ian^

Dec 10, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
Concord wrote:Its because there are now a bunch of humorless, preachy loosers who want to tell you how good they are, how good they have it, etc. etc. Can't write a sentence or string 1 -1/2 thoughts together so = silly games.

Werd.

Now some jackass will ask what that perfectly acceptable english word means - well known in my hood :wink: Even Jamal might know it :wink:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 10, 2006
Concord wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

Werd.

Now some jackass will ask what that perfectly acceptable english word means - well known in my hood :wink:

Asshats.
^ian^

Dec 10, 2006
Are we become insular and clique ridden? I think not. Where are all the sensible and informative posts gone?

I second Ian's evaluation.

Asshats!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dec 10, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:Are we become insular and clique ridden? I think not. Where are all the sensible and informative posts gone?

Asshats!

Knight

What's insular? Like and Island you mean?
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 10, 2006
Concord wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:Are we become insular and clique ridden? I think not. Where are all the sensible and informative posts gone?

Asshats!

Knight

I think that's what they give people with dodgey livers. I might qualify.
^ian^

Dec 10, 2006
Concord wrote:

Asshats!

Knight

"No man is an island..." Although Barry White was getting close before he died!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Dec 10, 2006
Waiting for Captain Obvious to reply.
^ian^

Dec 10, 2006
^ian^ wrote:Waiting for Captain Obvious to reply.

I guess there is hope for everyone. 2 seconds passed and he did not bite - more likely he was momentarily away from the computer :wink:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 10, 2006
I have to agree with this thread - even the trolls in religion and politics are old hat now!

Speaking of hats - I never heard the word 'feather' before and just had to Google it ( I wasn't sure whether it was as-shat, or ass-hat - or someother meaning).

Google did not fail me. I now have a word that describes a few people I know :) :)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Verb : past tense ( colloquial ) Dec 10, 2006
Just ask any Scot............as in 'feather ma pants, and a can't do a thing with them.'"

Billy Connolly :oops:
sauron
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 10, 2006
Make a thread that isn't DULL! Posting like this justifies the subject line.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

So dull Dec 10, 2006
So i read this subject and i thought, now what the hell could this be about. Is it about dull colours? Or dull people? Or maybe... its about a dull relationship. But alas it was nothing like that, it was just self referential.
MrLonely
Dubai Forums Member

Re: So dull Dec 11, 2006
MrLonely wrote:So i read this subject and i thought, now what the hell could this be about. Is it about dull colours? Or dull people? Or maybe... its about a dull relationship. But alas it was nothing like that, it was just self referential.

Well some of us don't piss and moan about relationship problems all of the time.
^ian^

Dec 11, 2006
And start these useless topics like "write about the person above you!", or
"write about the person below you!", which usually ends up like a chat
between two people either trying to get to know each other or doing some
kind of flirting instead of using the PM fuction. Or they just want to increase
the posts. And those useless games sometimes piss me off cause I have
to really click on them each time some one write something useless in
it cause otherwise it looks like the whole Dubai General Forum has been
updated with new posts. You know, the orange market doesn't disappear
until I've clicked on all the updated threads.
Burken
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 11, 2006
Burken wrote: I haveto really click on them each time some one write something useless in it cause otherwise it looks like the whole Dubai General Forum has been updated with new posts. You know, the orange market doesn't disappear until I've clicked on all the updated threads.

No need to click all those threads with new posts... to get rid of those orange marks - just simply log out and log back in.
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 11, 2006
Yeah I know, just that sometimes it's slow with that.
Burken
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 11, 2006
weary_heart wrote:
Burken wrote: I haveto really click on them each time some one write something useless in it cause otherwise it looks like the whole Dubai General Forum has been updated with new posts. You know, the orange market doesn't disappear until I've clicked on all the updated threads.

No need to click all those threads with new posts... to get rid of those orange marks - just simply log out and log back in.

Well actually it is even easier then that, when you are logged in and in the section, let's say in General, on the right hand side, there is a link that says "mark all threads as read", click on that and poof.

Having said that I actually do like those threads and find they add a nice mindless break in my day, I do however agree with recommendations that they be moved to a different section. There should be a 'leisure' section that can host these types of threads.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Dec 11, 2006
There is this Swedish forum who were pissed of with those threads
so they started a new forum called "Off Topic", and it works kind of
ok.
Burken
Dubai forums Addict

Dec 11, 2006
fayz wrote:
Well actually it is even easier then that, when you are logged in and in the section, let's say in General, on the right hand side, there is a link that says "mark all threads as read", click on that and poof.

Never noticed that. Thanks Fayz, it saves a minute. :wink:
weary_heart
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 11, 2006
We just have a shortage of interesting topics here in my opinion. So the best we can do now is contend with the mindless games or, start an intelligent and interesting topic instead of just complaining about the mindlessness :wink:
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Dec 11, 2006
pinoy1 wrote:We just have a shortage of interesting topics here in my opinion. So the best we can do now is contend with the mindless games or, start an intelligent and interesting topic instead of just complaining about the mindlessness :wink:

The problem is interesting topics get lost or get pushed down the list very quickly with the mindless drivel.

I find the good forumers who really contribute have moved on to other more greener pastures it would seem.

Beats me why I am still hanging around, I guess I'm a hanger-on.
^ian^

Dec 12, 2006
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed the increase in inane topics.

Most of the usual suspects must be X-mas shopping or the like???

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Dec 12, 2006
shafique wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one who has noticed the increase in inane topics.

Most of the usual suspects must be X-mas shopping or the like???

Cheers,
Shafique

Or gave up!
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 12, 2006
Yeah I forgot I was a member until yesterday. Maybe the addiction just wore off.
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Dec 12, 2006
I shall post a topic entitled 'Not Dull' immediately!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat