Dubai Traffic Rules!

Topic locked
Feb 14, 2006
The old "blame it on the husband"! Works a treat!! :lol:
Smilies- click view more emoticons!! DUHHHHH!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You silly old bugger!! :lol: :lol:

GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 14, 2006
:oops: :oops:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Feb 14, 2006
Actually, I asked Locky!! :lol: :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 14, 2006
:drunken: :santa: :geek: :geek:

ohhhhhhhh yer good init

:D
arniegang

Feb 14, 2006
There's that wonky accent again!! :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 14, 2006
:shock: :shock:

I said

ohhh she sound Aussie then ?

cobba :wink: :wink:
arniegang

Feb 14, 2006
No, I don't! I'll have you know I have a very toffy Orstraylien accent! :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 14, 2006
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

yesssssssssssss

youuuuuuuuuuu

dooooooooooo

:lol: :lol:
arniegang

Feb 14, 2006
Me thinks you are taking the piss Farmer Arnie!! :lol:
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 14, 2006
Moi :shock: :shock:

Neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

:wink: :wink:
arniegang

Feb 14, 2006
Pointless banter... Take it offline guys!!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 14, 2006
Grumpy!! :lol: Got to work anyway!! :)
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 14, 2006
Talkin about my story .. i was drivin rental car 2 days back in sharjah near by mega mall . i mistakenly crossed the red light , now im worried whether ill be fined . i heard theres some site where u can find out whether u have got fined or not because im not sure if the camera really flashed as it was in the afternoon and sometimes luckily they have put on camera's that doesnt really work at many places ?? Does any of you know the site where u can check ur fines ??
undyinglove
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 15, 2006
try looking here

www.youaregoingtoprison.com

arniegang

Feb 15, 2006
How dare they interupt the arnie n gab thread

arniegang

Feb 15, 2006
Actually you can find out on line. Thus ask the rental company who would be able to produce a hard copy for you. Cheers!! :)
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 15, 2006
Sadly the online facility of the Dubai Traffic Department is very temperamental. I got a parking fine 3 weeks ago and it still doesn't show up.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 15, 2006
On the parking fine bit-don't read the info on the back and take it for fact. I went into Emirates bank to pay my fine (note:vallet parking IS cheaper!!) as per instructions on the back and you cannot pay them there "anymore" was the response after they all had a laugh at my expense-quite funny actually! Anyway, the staff were very helpful there and told me you can pay in Union Coop upstairs, on Al Wasl Road. Anyway, Choco-maybe go there and ask them to check for you??
GAB
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 15, 2006
undyinglove wrote:Talkin about my story .. i was drivin rental car 2 days back in sharjah near by mega mall . i mistakenly crossed the red light , now im worried whether ill be fined . i heard theres some site where u can find out whether u have got fined or not because im not sure if the camera really flashed as it was in the afternoon and sometimes luckily they have put on camera's that doesnt really work at many places ?? Does any of you know the site where u can check ur fines ??

For traffic offences & Parking fines:
https://www.dubaipolice.gov.ae/dp/secur ... p&num2=194

For parking fines alone:
https://portal.dm.gov.ae/http://app.dm. ... search.jsp

Frankly, and nothing personal, I hope you do get fined. Maybe you will pay more attention on the roads next time cause you very well could have 'mistakenly' run over a pedestrian or caused a nasty accident.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 15, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Sadly the online facility of the Dubai Traffic Department is very temperamental. I got a parking fine 3 weeks ago and it still doesn't show up.

Chocco, I find the Dubai Police site gets updated sooner than the Municipality site. That said if you pay your fine through the Municipality site I suggest printing out the confirmation even though it says it takes only 24 hours to reflect on the Dubai Police database. I paid my first parking fine in September last year on the DM. site and its still showing on the DP's site. Been told that I need to bring either the confirmation or some proof I've paid DM otherwise I will need to pay it again when I renew my registration.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 15, 2006
Well I think they're darn cheeky! Last time I got a fine, I paid it at the Municipality, but when I asked a car rental firm to re-register my car, the police department didn't have it registered as paid, so I got charged for the same fine - twice! I can't be arsed with hassle of trying to get a refund as I know it'll be a complete nightmare.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Feb 20, 2006
undyinglove wrote:Talkin about my story .. i was drivin rental car 2 days back in sharjah near by mega mall . i mistakenly crossed the red light , now im worried whether ill be fined . i heard theres some site where u can find out whether u have got fined or not because im not sure if the camera really flashed as it was in the afternoon and sometimes luckily they have put on camera's that doesnt really work at many places ?? Does any of you know the site where u can check ur fines ??

I must confess, i ride a motorbike, so i don't have a great deal of sympathy for people jumping red lights... so if the fine is large, that ok by me.

k
kjames73
Dubai Forum User

Feb 20, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Well I think they're darn cheeky! Last time I got a fine, I paid it at the Municipality, but when I asked a car rental firm to re-register my car, the police department didn't have it registered as paid, so I got charged for the same fine - twice! I can't be arsed with hassle of trying to get a refund as I know it'll be a complete nightmare.

Choco, you just illustrated my point with your actual experience. The DP told me its better off to pay directly on their site rather than the DM site, cause you register your car with them so it only matters if they have the record as paid.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 20, 2006
Well the darn Police site still isn't showing my fine so I paid it through one of the links you posted.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

hey Feb 22, 2006
Im fuckin sure im fined..while i mistakenly crossed the red light in sharjah...but it hasnt shown up on the dubai police site... why is that?? some say maybe theres camera there but it doesnt seem to be workin.. ..so what shall i do ?? although it was rental car... peace!!
undyinglove
Dubai Forum Visitor

Feb 24, 2006
dubai drivers is much more disciplened than any other i cant drive in all my speed at the same time coz im going to feel the flash...huhuhuhu what about offroad driving, rules?
esthers
Dubai Forums Member

Feb 24, 2006
There are rules that regulate driving in Dubai???!!!!!

Since when??!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: hey Feb 24, 2006
undyinglove wrote:Im fuckin sure im fined..while i mistakenly crossed the red light in sharjah...

If you're stupid enough to mistakenly cross a red light then you're probably not checking the site properly.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 24, 2006
so better check the site and rules first before goin further
esthers
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat