Dubai Takes Another Step Forward???

Topic locked
Dubai Takes Another Step Forward??? Mar 03, 2011
Apparently applies to labour recruitment agencies.

Below are excerpts from the article. For a full read (and a few laughs) to go:

http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/uae/emplo ... s-1.770740

Dubai: Recruitment agencies must be managed and owned by Emiratis only and those who break this law will be prosecuted, and would face hefty fines and jailed.

"Recruitment agencies cannot be owned or managed by expatriates or rented to expatriates," said a senior official from the Ministry of Labour.

[further down in the article]

"The law will also protect labour agencies from interference from police and Residency and Foreigners Affairs officials," he said. The constitution stresses on giving job opportunities to Emiratis and not to expatriates, he said.

This will obviously insure that Indians, Pakistanis, Sri Lankans, stop taking away all the jobs that the Emiratis were denied. :lol: Or.................. is this another source of income for an Emirati??

He said the countries of the expatriate workers are the ones who are abusing them (the workers) back home before coming here.

Yes, it's their home country that is responsible for laborers having to live in the most horrible conditions and having their salaries withheld.

Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Dubai Takes Another Step Forward??? Mar 03, 2011
Does that mean now that the trash collectors who come in everyday will be Emaratis or the next time I pull into a gas station I will be served by one. Awesome.
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

:lol:

Wanted:

Waste Engineers. Requirement: Masters Degree - DumpsterDiving or 5 years of equivalent experience. Salary: Between 15-20,000 AED

Petrol Engineers. Requirement: Bachelors Degree - Petrology. Salary: Between 10-15,000 AED

Please note salaries are per month, not per week.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

It just means another layer (Emirate owns, and then the whole operation is run by expat)...

I'd say one step backwards.... They should just enforce the "law" and make sure there are no abuses. Changing ownership will just make matters worse by adding to the cost of doing business and the unscrupulous expats will take it out of the near-slave labor.

BTW, masters', MBA's and PhD's are a dime a dozen in Dubai - in all fields. And all it means is that they helped the UK and USA's "education" industry...
Ambassador
Dubai chat master

desertdudeshj wrote:Does that mean now that the trash collectors who come in everyday will be Emaratis or the next time I pull into a gas station I will be served by one. Awesome.

No, it will still be Pakistanis
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

confusing...
if not the expats there could have been nothing called Dubai or AD, but again labors wanted to come...

but I would blame the gov for putting business ahead of humans, can't they be in parallel !!
what can you do with a 5 billions and can't do with 4 billion
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

@ Ambassador: I hope you know that the title of the thread was me being sarcastic. :glasses7:

Actually most Indians from India hold many degrees. Masters at duplicating degrees. :lol: and not from the US or the UK. Don't know if they have to have their multiple degrees attested here in Dubai, but I'm sure a few rupees/dirhams can cover that, or a "stamp". My husband had to go through the process to get his US degree attested for employment, but not his degree from Egypt.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat