Dubai Resident Climbing The Highest Free Standing Mountain..

Topic locked
Dubai resident climbing the highest free standing mountain.. Apr 19, 2010
... in the world with a wonderful cause! :)

hey all!

On July 13, 2010 I am lacing up my sneakers to participate in the Kilimanjaro Walk.

The trek sponsored by Muslim Hands(charity organization) will take a group of the walkers to Kilimanjaro, Tanzania. Sponsored trekkers will be combining the challenge of climbing the highest free standing mountain in the world to create awareness of a wonderful cause – helping children in war torn areas of Afghanistan by raising a substantial fund. The trek ends on July 22, 2010.

I am taking on this challenge of my life in honor of all the innocent children around the world whose life and future has been destroyed by the war. This is my first Kilimanjaro walk, organized by Muslim Hands annually, and it will be cherish able because of the valor and strength of the surviving war-torn children behind me.

Being a resident of Dubai, I aim through my post to create awareness amongst my fellow dubaians to donate money for this humanitarian cause. Kindly visit http://www.saferfuture.com for your kind donation and more information on this trek.

I will be looking forward to your positive response.

Cyberslam
Dubai Forum User

Re: Dubai resident climbing the highest free standing mounta Apr 20, 2010
Good on you!

Is a mountain that is not 'free standing' one that relies on scaffolding to hold it up?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Dubai Knight wrote:Good on you!

Is a mountain that is not 'free standing' one that relies on scaffolding to hold it up?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight

I was wondering the same :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I think its called highest freestanding mountain because its not part of any mountain range, but rather a single free- standing mountain but i could be wrong here.

Anyways, i would really appreciate if you can spread this message across your friends, relatives or nyone by any means possible i.e. facebook, emails etc, or use different links options which are available on the fundraiser page (www.saferfuture.com).
Cyberslam
Dubai Forum User

Cyberslam wrote:I think its called highest freestanding mountain because its not part of any mountain range, but rather a single free- standing mountain but i could be wrong here.

Anyways, i would really appreciate if you can spread this message across your friends, relatives or nyone by any means possible i.e. facebook, emails etc, or use different links options which are available on the fundraiser page (http://www.saferfuture.com).

We shall spread the good word of your admirable deed.

Correct me if I am wrong, isn't Kilimanjaro a dormant volcano?

:? :? :?

Knight
Dubai Knight

A "Free-standing" mountain is a mountain on sea level, meaning it is not in a mountain range. For example, Mt. Everest is in the Himalayas mountain range. Meaning it is surrounded by very close mountains, which means its base is at an extremely high 2,000-4,000 m (meters) , then starting towards 8,002 m.

Kilimanjaro is a dormant volcano too.
gcarlin37
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

gcarlin37 wrote:A "Free-standing" mountain is a mountain on sea level, meaning it is not in a mountain range. For example, Mt. Everest is in the Himalayas mountain range. Meaning it is surrounded by very close mountains, which means its base is at an extremely high 2,000-4,000 m (meters) , then starting towards 8,002 m.

Kilimanjaro is a dormant volcano too.

Thanks for clearing this up.

I remember a movie called "The man who went up a hill and came down a mountain" with Hugh Grant. Interesting plot line about a tall hill in Wales that was being surveyed by Ordnance Survey and was found to be just 20m short of being officially classified as a mountain. The whole village then got together to carry huge amounts of soil up the hill to raise it by this small amount just be 'official'!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat